Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My Ghost Photos...

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    MostlyGhostly

MostlyGhostly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 05:35 PM

I've started to post my best ghost photos onto the internet at http://www.angelfire.com/realm/paraportal

I was just wondering if any of them impress you.

Thank you for your comments smile.gif                                                

ParaPortal - A collection of the BEST ghost photos I have ever taken.

#2    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 06:41 PM

im a bit skeptical of the skeleton in the window.  seems too convient and 2 dimensionally visible.  the other orbs seem like flash created manifestations.  take some photos during the daylight hours and see if you still get orbs.  

the one i have a hard time explaining is the large one, but i still doubt its real because ive yet to see a negative or something that i could examine closer.  seems photoshop to me.  

please don't take my skepticism the wrong way, its just that i have quite high standards and have seen many fakes smile.gif                                                

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#3    MostlyGhostly

MostlyGhostly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 07:14 PM

There are no negatives since all the photos were taken with a digital camera.

The huge orb really startled me when it appeared on my viewscreen but I can assure you that it isn't any debris on the lens or directly in front of the camera.

If you were to enhance the picture you should be able to see inconsistancies between the orb and the picture if it were placed there using a photo editing program. The graininess (due to the camera being on a zoom setting) would have made it even harder to fake smile.gif

Thanks for the critism though. The skeleton is a little far fetched, but I though I'd add it for the benefit of the doubt.                                                

#4    Kelly

Kelly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 08:55 AM

Hi MostlyGhostly... really liked your photos..

Never seen an orb like the one you have with the dog.... look forward to seeing more. :-)

Kelly                                                

#5    MostlyGhostly

MostlyGhostly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 12:29 AM

Yeah, everybody who sees the photo of thr huge orb that's in front of the dog (who knows about orbs) expresses extreme shock and adulation that one was caught like that!                                                

#6    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 12:39 PM

I liked the photo's you put up, but the skeleton seemed to me to be a bit to vivid in the window, especially after it was enhanced by flipping it.

The pic of the dog looking at the orb, well after looking at the pic, I have to say that I personally think that the dog is looking at the camera and not the orb, which just happens to appear in the pic in front of the dog, as the dog only seems to be looking at it with one eye.

the one that impressed me the most is the pic of the big orb, although it does seem to have rings in it, that run parrallel to the edge.

But other than that, thanks for sharing.                                                

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#7    MostlyGhostly

MostlyGhostly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 05:27 PM

I've enhanced the huge orb in that picture which some have claimed is one of the best orb photos ever taken. Enhanced it looks like this:

user posted image

The feature that I've never seen before is the 2nd skin just inside from the outer layer. I love the plasmaesque flame effect that's coming from the surface too smile.gif                                                

#8    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 05:57 PM

I remeber seeing a UFO photo a few years ago that looked similar to the enlarged pic above, it too was a sphere that had two layers, the only difference was that the UFO was a lot bigger than the one on this pic.                                                

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#9    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 01 January 2003 - 10:48 PM

Althalus,

Are you referring to the Derbyshire UFO?  unsure.gif                                                

Attached Files

• Attached File  ufo.gif   0bytes   1 downloads

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#10    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 03:22 AM

i added a reply to this topic the other night that was lost in transfer so i feel i should type it up again:

i enhanced your orb photo and have found a few things that lead me to believe it is either 1. fake or 2. caused by your camera.  the main reason i believe it is faked is that it is precisely positioned on the dog's jet black coat- against which it has little background to make faking it a messy job.  in fact, it follows the contours of the dog with such precision that it never strays off the black at all.  i find that too convient.  all one would have to do is find an "orb" pic and then layer it with a transparent background over the conviently negative area of the dog's black fur.  id say a 5-10 minute job at most.  

i also believe it could be a result of using a flash with a digital camera.  i see dozens of 'ghost' photos claiming these type of predictable occurances are proof of a haunting.  nonsense!  i can make an orb photo very easily by taking a picture with a flash on in the right conditions.  flash orbs are not ghosts.  i have personally taken 100's of photographs in "haunted" locations and have ONE unexplained pic out of all of them- i would make sure not to use a flash at all and never take a pic where lighting would produce that effect.  if you want to prove you have a real ghost get a real camera and take a real picture.  when your negative shows something abnormal, i might believe you have something unexplainable.  negatives that contain abnormalities are really hard to fake- since chemicals react in a predictable manner and the process is out of our hands.  some faked negatives exist but they are the result of a great deal of effort that the common hoaxer would not exhibit the patience to create- much less submit to public scrutiny by experts.  

and on a side note... i am always skeptical of any new visitor to this forum with an anonymous name presenting ghost photos.  i use my real name because i don't feel the need to hide away behind an alias when i post something.  maybe you should spend some more time working on your reputation before you make grand claims of your pic being the 'best orb pic ever'.  just who made those claims?  who has put your pic through scrutiny?  

BAH....                                                

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
at what time i might,

- me, 1997

#11    Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2003 - 04:05 AM

Schwartz,

He isn't exactly a new visitor, he's visited our site in the past under several other member names, with similar claims. Here's a link to an older post;

CLICK HERE

You have to give him credit, he certainly is tenacious, considering the response he received the first time. There are many here dubious about any connection between 'orb' photos and the supernatural, ghosts and/or spirits, which is why there wasn't much in the way of response to his post, except those unfamiliar with his previous visits. No harm done, really, people will believe what they see, no matter what others opinions are, won't they?  unsure.gif

As a sidenote, he isn't anonymous either, if you were to visit his website where the pictures are located, his full name is at the bottom of the page. I think you owe someone an apology.

Magikman  smile.gif                                                

#12    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 02 January 2003 - 04:13 AM

Opps, thought I was logged in when I posted that, sorry.  tongue.gif                                                

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#13    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 03:04 PM

me... apologize?  haha, never smile.gif  

thanks for the link though... it was nice reading all that criticism biggrin.gif                                                

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
at what time i might,

- me, 1997

#14    MostlyGhostly

MostlyGhostly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 03:04 PM

Why must people think that every time somebody posts a photo which contains an anomalie they think it's faked. I admit though that there are sad people out there who think that if they can create a fraudulent picture good enough to fool people then it makes them popular. I believe fraudulent pictures should ONLY be created to see if any effects can be achieved during controlled conditions.

I'm also surprised of your instant dismissal of orbs. Orbs are deemed a paranormal phenomena because they're something that science has not yet caught up with to explain rationally. You've only got to look at the millions of digitally taken photos to realise that it can't just be dust or reflections or lens flares etc. They are a documented phenomena - but this doesn't mean that they are spiritual.

I personally believe that orbs are balls of pure energy. How they are created I don't know, but I feel that they could be very weak forms of ball lightning (something else scientists thought was a hoax until  just a  couple of years ago).

Since normal film cameras only capture images using pure light, it's kind of a what-you-see-is-what-you-get type of thing. The light that goes through the lens is the light that is developed onto the film. Since orbs have no physiciality to them they do not have a mass for light to rebound from. Hence they're invisible to the naked eye.

However, digital photography uses a different way to take pictures. I believe that infra red technology is used within them to create more finely defined pictures. This is why you always get a crisp image with a digital camera - even if the camera is being shaken at the time (this is a conclusion following my own research using my own digital camera). Infra red technology can also photograph temperatures. Since orbs are a ball of energy then they should surely give off some kind of heat - therefore infra red cameras should be able to detect them. This is evident in digital photography and night-vision cameras.

Orbs are real.

It was like the comment made by the discoverer of Rods. He said that because we're such an "advanced" race, we immediately have to claim that any phenomena that scientists have not found to exist must therefore be a hoax. If scientists were more open minded to the paranormal side of science, then perhaps many new types of phenomena would be discovered.                                                

#15    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 03:41 PM

yep, that certainly looks like the UFO I was trying to refer to.

Thanks Magik  smile.gif                                                

David Gemmell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users