Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How To Upload An Avatar

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Universal Absurdity

Universal Absurdity

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,592 posts

• You wont win.

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:56 PM

OK,

First click on "My Controls" Click "Edit Avatar Settings"

In the "Your image avatars" section, you have 2 options.

1) "Enter a URL to an online avatar image". You can find the url by right clicking on the desired image and go into its properties. MAKE SURE YOU COPY THE ENTIRE URL! it can sometimes scroll down a line or two, if its a long one. This is particularly useful if your image is more than 100kb in size.*

2)"OR upload a new image from your computer" Save an image to your computer, (remember where you saved it!) If its 100kb or smaller you can click the browse button, locate the image and select it.

After preforming either option, click the "Update Avatar" button to finish.

PM me if you still have problems

*Images uploaded onto this site will not have a URL that you can use. Please use Image Shack, photobucket, or another online image storage service, if you wish to use URL images (url images may exceed the 100kb limit, Excessively large avatar images may be removed at mod discresion.)

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity, 10 August 2005 - 04:52 PM.

Ű∩ίvệѓα|ΛЬşűяđĬŧỵ

Founder Of The Animated Avatar Workshop
43 things

#2    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:45 AM

thank you UA i needed some help tongue.gif jk
listen to him everyone, he know what hes saying!!!!!!

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#3    Jesus_Freak

Jesus_Freak

Tom Frickin' Conger!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

• Lord, You touch my heavy heart, and when You do, You make it light.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:37 AM

indeed he does.... but  you know even with those excellent directions someone is still bound to screw it up....

#4    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:31 PM

The problem is, that for some reason when I upload an avatar, it uploads one of my earlier avatars, but in the dimensions of the new avatar I uploaded.
I think it's a problem with the cache... after all, it isn't the first time I upload an avatar  sad.gif

So, someone knows how to solve this?

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#5    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,087 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

Try clearing your cache then restarting the browser.

#6    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 02:19 PM

10x  thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#7    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 12:19 PM

I wish I'd found this thread earlier, it's taken me ages to get an avatar up. The thing that actually took longest was finding a suitable picture, but hey I'm finally there YEAH!  grin2.gif

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#8    Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• barman's avatars

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:11 AM

the part harder than uploading a picture is actually finding a good picture you'd like as your avatar! it took me a while to finally decide and/or give up and choose this one.

......still looking for a sig......

Posted Image

#9    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:36 AM

Everytime UA made me an avatar, I right clicked it and there was no properties for me to get the URL from.  I think it might help UA if you give them the URL when you make people avatars.  

#10    Universal Absurdity

Universal Absurdity

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,592 posts

• You wont win.

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:52 PM

I've never heard of that saucy, if i right click on anything i can view its properties, the page, any of the buttons, anyone's nic, maybe its something wrong with your browser.

Ű∩ίvệѓα|ΛЬşűяđĬŧỵ

Founder Of The Animated Avatar Workshop
43 things

#11    ~Nemesis~

~Nemesis~

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

• Ninja.

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:48 PM

when i save a animated avatar that someone made for me, then i put it on photo bucket, and make it my avatar its not animated anymore! whats with that? and can somebody tell me how to make a avatar less kb in size?

Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet, until Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked her into a glacier

#12    Triniant

Triniant

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE(UniversalAbsurdity @ Jul 12 2004, 09:56 PM)
OK,

First click on "My Controls" Click "Edit Avatar Settings"

1) "Enter a URL to an online avatar image". You can find the url by right clicking on the desired image and go into its properties. MAKE SURE YOU COPY THE ENTIRE URL! it can sometimes scroll down a line or two, if its a long one. This is particularly useful if your image is more than 100kb in size.*

View Post

QUOTE(~Nemesis~ @ May 6 2005, 10:48 PM)
when i save a animated avatar that someone made for me, then i put it on photo bucket, and make it my avatar its not animated anymore! whats with that? and can somebody tell me how to make a avatar less kb in size?

View Post

~Nemesis~, follow UA's instructions and either put in this URL:http://img203.echo.c.../nemesis4ky.gif or this one:http://img203.echo.c...isorigin2sv.gif your picture should come out, if you have any more problems, PM me and I will assist you further.  Remember, just copy the entire address and paste it into the URL box.

Edited by Triniant, 08 May 2005 - 05:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users