The Buzz Word

Photo

In to battle once again.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 31 May 2008 · 160 views

It is that time of year again. The English rugby season is coming to an end, Wasps are in a final at Twickenham and I have a ticket.

This year Wasps are in the Guinness Premiership final, to determine the champions of England. Just as with he European final last year (and the last English Final Wasps played in, in 2005) are opposition are the mighty...

Photo

The saddest of ironies: the death of Colin McRae

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 16 September 2007 · 132 views

Anyone that knows me knows that I have a passion for motorsport (despite never learning to drive myself).

Rally driving is amongst the most skilful and dangerous of motorsports. Whilst it is a branch of the sport about which I know little, I have a deep admiration for the drivers that compete in the World Rally Championship.

The UK has produced just two...

Photo

Le Tour de France... in my back yard.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 06 July 2007 · 132 views

I've been lucky in my life to have been able to see some great sporting events.

I was present at Spa-Francorchamps in 1992 when Michael Schumacher won his first Grand Prix. I've seen the cream of the worlds motorcycle racers in both GP and Superbikes. I've watched Thierry Henry score a wonder goal at Maine Road. I've seen Ian Botham destroy...

Photo

If you want to go to heaven when you die...

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 20 May 2007 · 323 views

If you want to go to heaven when you die,
If you want to go to heaven when you die,
Wear a black and yellow bonnet,
With Wasps written on it,
If you want to go to heaven when you die.

Singing I will if you will, so will I,
Singing I will if you will, so will I,
Singing I will if you will,
I will if you will,
I will if you will, so will I.

(sung to the...

Photo

Big Match Nerves

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 19 May 2007 · 183 views

It's gone midnight UK time, Sunday 20th May 2007. In just under 14 hours the biggest club game in English rugby union history will kick off. For the first time ever the European Cup Final will be fought between two English teams.

The first of the finalists are the most successful English team of the professional era, the Leicester Tigers....

Photo

A superstar on the horizon

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 18 May 2007 · 156 views

Anyone reading my posts on the forum will know I have a passion for space and astronomy. I am, however, a passionate sports fan as well. I love cricket. I was brought up on rugby union (that tends to happen when you have Welsh grandparents). The rugby is the reason for my user name, I am a supporter of the London Wasps team (more about them very soon)....

Photo

RIP Clay

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 18 December 2006 · 118 views

I was saddened to hear of the death of Gianclaudio "Clay" Regazzoni on Friday.

Swiss national, Clay Regazzoni was a Formula 1 driver. He won 5 of his 132 Grand Prix and finished second in the World Championship in 1974. In 1980 a crash at Long Beach ended his career and left him paralysed from the waist down.

On Friday he was involved in a...

Photo

The ups and downs of being a sports fan

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 13 November 2006 · 108 views

Being a sports fan can be a little like being a manic depressive. There are huge highs and deep lows. Take this weekend for example.

On Saturday England played Argentina at Twickenham in a rugby union international. In an almost totally inept display England lost to Argentina on home soil for the first time in history. It was England's 7th...

Photo

Rugby Union - England used to play that.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 06 November 2006 · 70 views

The first game of England's autumn campaign was played on Sunday at Twickenham. England played the New Zealand All Blacks, currently the best international side in the World. I couldn't be one of the 83,000 in the ground so had to watch on TV.

England started well and had what seemed to be a perfectly good try disallowed. The never recovered from...

Photo

The Kentucky Kid - King of the World

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 29 October 2006 · 69 views

Congratulations to Nicky Hayden, the new MotoGP World Champion.

Unbelievably, in today's race in Valencia, the world's best motorcyclist, Valentino Rossi, made a mistake and fell. Hayden's 3rd place was enough to end Rossi's year reign as World Champion. Hayden has been consistent this year. He only won 2 of the 17 races but that was...

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image