The Buzz Word

Photo

A new arrival... of the furry kind.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 30 November 2010 · 316 views

I have commented before that my blog entries about my cats gain far more response than my blog entries about me. So in a bid to gain popularity some more about my cats...

When I first started this blog I had 2 cats, an older, more sensible cat called Zeta and a young nutter called Nyana. In January 2007 Zeta passed away. Nyana slowly grew up and now, at...

Photo

Back in the summer...

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 26 January 2007 · 127 views

My Next door neighbour but one has a garden which shares a boundary with a school field. Both the garden and field have trees along the boundary. Back in the late summer or early autumn I was in my garden when I heard a rustling in the trees. To my surprise there was a grey squirrel in the trees merrily munching on acorns. There are plenty of squirrels in...

Photo

Sadness and Worry

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 22 January 2007 · 122 views

I am a deeply worried person today. One of my cats, Zeta, has not been well. She was caught out in the stormy weather on Friday night. When she returned Saturday she seemed frail. There was no sign of physical injury but she did not seem right. It is a difficult thing to describe but if you are a pet owner you will know what it is like to pick up little...

Photo

Look before you leap...

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 07 December 2006 · 114 views

... or how I nearly curried a cat.

Those of you that have read earlier entries will be aware that I had a battle of wits with cats. Zeta kept stealing my seat and Nyana kept jumping on the cooker when the glass lid was closed. Eventually I won this battle.

Earlier this week Zeta decided to start a new battle. She decided it was her turn to sleep on...

Photo

Rude awakenings

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 23 November 2006 · 100 views

I hate it when it rains in the early hours of the morning because it wakes me up. Not directly, you understand. I'm a bit of an insomniac. I find it difficult to fall asleep. Once I do fall asleep though a small scale nuclear war couldn't wake me. So how is it that the rain does? I'll tell you.

If you have seen the photographs of my cats in...

Photo

A battle of wills.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 17 November 2006 · 119 views

For some strange reason my cats seem to be ganging up on me. We are currently in a battle of wills and I'm not sure that I am winning.

It is all to do with sleeping places, theirs rather than mine. Zeta seems to have decided to put me in my place. There are plenty of places for here to sleep and until a few days ago she was satisfied them. Now she...

Photo

The old girl is well again

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 11 November 2006 · 62 views

I've be waffling a lot about Nyana in the last few day but I have hardly mentioned Zeta.

Zeta has been a bit under the weather. She has had a bit of an upset stomach. She took herself upstairs and hid in my bedroom. Nyana is very boisterous and is about twice the size of Zeta, not what you need when you are unwell. Zeta was at her worst on Wednesday...

Photo

A sting in the tail

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 11 November 2006 · 93 views

This blog seems to be more about Nyana than me recently, not surprising really, she gets out more than I do.

Nyana has just returned home and, for the second night running, is soaking wet. No mystery tonight though as it is pouring down with rain.

As I have remarked before, Nyana has a particularly fluffy tail. This tends to pick up all sorts of detritus....

Photo

Nyana - International Cat of Mystery?

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 10 November 2006 · 150 views

It's 4:30 am GMT. There is no one around (except me). There is not a cloud in the sky, So my question is this, how come my cat Nyana has just come in soaking wet?

Not all of her, just her back. If she was soaked from head to foot I would assume she had fallen in a pond chasing fish. If her belly was wet then I would assume she found some tall wet...

Photo

How my cats got their names.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 10 November 2006 · 128 views

I have noticed a trend with this blog. I get far more hits and more more comments when I post a story about my cats than I do when I post stories about me. I don't have a problem with that. They are more interesting than me and a lot cuter. I know my place in the pecking order. In fact I have half jokingly told my family that they only come to my house...

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image