Photo

Interesting Day

Posted by Xanthurion2 , 26 July 2012 · 445 views

Yesterday was very interesting to say the least. First of all, I woke up at about 2:30 pm. I started playing a game like every other day. about an hour later, my cousin informs me that there is a fire near the city and we might have to evacuate. Sure enough, we ended up evacuating. I couldn't even see the smoke but when we got to the shelter (which was a high school) some people said they had seen it. About an hour later, I went back outside and finally I saw smoke and I knew it was real. Long story short, nobody was injured (except some animals) and I think one persons home burned (not mine and they had already evacuated). It could have been worse but it wasn't. They let us back into the city at about 6:00. Everything was peachy. The fire was still not completely put out but it wasn't in our area anymore. About five hours later, our power went out. I don't know what caused it but it was back on in an hour or two. So, I had an interesting day to say the least. The news said the fire was caused by a mower hired by the state who hit a rock (I guess) and the sparks ignited the dead grass and it just got out of control. The fire started at 10:30 am and I don't know if it has been extinguished yet but I hope no one else has to lose anything and/or gets injured. Hopefully this doesn't happen again but knowing the people from my town, it probably will.

StarMountainKid
Jul 26 2012 03:56 PM
I live just east of the Miss. River, so it's been hot and dry here, too. Happy it all worked out ok for you. I'm thinking the people in my town and yours have a lot in common from your comments here and there. lol

I remember, when I was in the Army, a Sergeant used to wake us up in the morning by yelling, "Wake up and p*** the world's on fire!". I guess it can happen for real.

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    chaosnihasa
    29 Jun 2014 - 08:26
  • Photo
    StarMountainKid
    23 Jun 2014 - 19:18