Photo

What Benghazi tells us about Republicans

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 18 November 2012 · 1,051 views

benghazi republicans
The whole Benghazi incident really shows the problem with the Republican Party. Someone looking at this from the outside would think Benghazi is the biggest tragedy and government cover-up in US history. In reality, it is a witch hunt and shows that Republicans are hypocritical and do not believe in simple American rights, or common sense. In America, you are innocent until proven guilty…unless you are Barack Obama, then you are guilty until proven innocent.

Why is Benghazi important? Well, this is misleading…Republicans will tell you that it is about “4 Americans dying.” This has become their mantra and is constantly repeated by people such as John McCain, whom I once respected. Even though it is unfortunate that Americans died, especially an Ambassador, this has nothing to do with Americans dying. I would argue that it is only 4 people and they come back with “How many people have to die before it is a big deal?” or “Just one American death is too much.” This statement, though valid, is complete and utter BS. They act as if they value every American life, but it becomes clear that they are only concerned with certain lives, those that can be blamed on Obama. Over 100 Americans died in Super Storm Sandy, and yet there was hardly a peep. Two weeks later victims of Sandy were still without power. That, is an outrage. They also said nothing about the house explosion that killed 2 Americans. There was also little comment on the shootings (Aurora and the temple) in the past year. If they care about every single American life, they would demand answers from these incidents and every incident in which Americans died…every car accident, every shooting. To say every American life is important is grossly insulting to every American that has died somewhere other than in Benghazi.

Republicans DEMAND answers as to what happened. I DEMAND answers to why EVERY OTHER AMERICAN LIFE is insignificant to them. I demand to know why someone was allowed to walk into a movie theater and shoot it up. I demand to know why they could care less about the victims of Sandy. The truth is they do not care. They only care about Benghazi because they want to blame it on the president. They demand to know what happened? Simple…terrorists attacked the US Embassy in Benghazi. Could it have been prevented or should it have been prevented?
Those are valid questions, but not what they are concerned about. They are concerned about how Susan Rice and the Obama administration “lied” to the American people. This shows a lack of common sense that I will explain…

The reason they claim that Susan Rice lied is because she stated that the attack in Benghazi was due to riots that started over an anti-Islam movie. With our current understanding this is obviously wrong. But does this mean she lied? Well here is where the Republicans lack common sense. See US intelligence is gathered by several different organizations which include the CIA, Department of Justice, and the State Department. Each of these organizations has a number of sources, at a number of different locations, which provide intelligence. What the agencies do is gather this data and start to put it together to compose the actual events, much as one would in a court case. Congress demanded the information immediately even though our intelligence said that we have not put everything together, thus meaning the information could change. We were given partial data from a number of sources that turned out to be inaccurate.

There is also the issue of classified verses unclassified data. Some information was not provided, and rightly so. It is harmful to the US to just throw out everything we know. To put out everything we know about everything raises a serious national security threat. One demanding all of the facts is outrageous. We are lucky enough to live in a country where the government even tells us anything, but egotistical, over privileged Americans want to know everything. That is not, and should not, be your right because it makes the national vulnerable. We may as well make a Wikipedia page of everything we know so the terrorists can simply get their information from there. Not all of the facts were released because it was an ongoing investigation.

Susan Rice gave a statement using the unclassified data from a number of intelligence sources. She did not LIE. Republicans say that she should have known better and known that it was a terrorist attack being that it happened on 9/11. Yes, that is what we all should have concluded, but if she would have gone out and said that, without the intelligence to back it, then she would have lied. It is for this reason that the Republicans do not believe Susan Rice is qualified to the Secretary of State. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher of California, claims that he does not see it to be likely the CIA or intelligence was wrong, therefore Susan Rice and the Obama administration knowingly lied to the American people. Could intelligence be wrong? I will address this question shortly.

The result of all of this is that the Republicans want Obama impeached and to have a hearing similar to Watergate. This is simply outrageous, especially at this point of the investigation. But is there something comparable to this in recent history? Well Republicans will call party foul on this, as they always do, because one is not allowed to bring up things that happened in the past, but I vaguely remember a few incidents during the Bush administration…actually, I do not remember them vaguely, I remember them quite well because they were a large part in why I joined the military.

Let’s say, for the sake of argument, that Obama was responsible for the attack in Benghazi, because he did not take the necessary measures to protect the Americans there (even though he assured us he did,) or provide adequate security. If this falls on Obama, we have no choice but to place the 9/11 attack on the world trade center, which took the lives of 3,000 Americans, on Bush. It could not have been anyone else’s fault other than Bush, because it could be no one else’s fault other than Obama. But the Bush administration did not just settle with allowing the biggest terrorist attack on American soil in history, they assured us that Iraq, which had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks, had weapons of mass destruction (WMD.) George Bush and Condoleezza Rice assured us that Iraq had WMD. This later turned out not to be true, or as Republicans would say, they lied. Yet Condoleezza Rice was made Secretary of State, which shows the utter hypocrisy of the Republicans condemning Susan Rice. The Republicans are calling for impeachment of Obama when no one was calling for the impeachment of Bush. It is the exact same circumstance. President Bush, but the Republican definition, lied to the American people about WMD in Iraq and this lead to 3,000-5,000 American deaths and hundreds of thousands Iraq deaths. Compare this to 4 American deaths in Benghazi. President Bush could legitimately be charged as a war criminal.

However, I do not feel that Bush, or the Bush administration lied. It appears the mistake came from bad intelligence. Intelligence told the Bush administration that Iraq had WMD. However, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher of California, would find this conclusion highly unlikely because he does not feel the CIA or intelligence could be wrong. That is because he is either an idiot, or out for Obama blood. President Obama actually dismissed the calls for war crimes against Bush, yet the Republicans cannot let this issue go even though it, in my opinion, is nowhere near the same scale.

This is why things will not get accomplished in this country. Republicans are persistent on destroying Obama. What Republicans need to do is sit back and let things develop. If there were wrong-doings or if these deaths were the result of negligence, the persons involved should be prosecuted. But let the facts be gathered and let the case play out. These things do not happen overnight and we will get the answers in the future. In American, you are innocent until proven guilty, unless you are Barack Obama. Republicans would rather ignore the American way and take him out back and hang him and dismantle the Obama administration than follow what America stands for. If the Republicans get their way in this matter, the terrorists have won…

LET IT GO REPUBLICANS. Act like half way intelligent adults.

spartan max2
Nov 20 2012 02:20 AM
If it was a Republican president the Democrats would do the same thing. You need to open your eyes and not be so partisan. BOTH parties are corrupt because we let them get that way. The fact is we have no clue whats true anymore because both sides will spin anything to fit there agenda.

Im not a republican and im not a democrat, but personally it probably was a coverup. Its just common sense that if a riot happened in the middel east on 9/11 in varouis locations that it wouldent be from a random video. If it was not on 9/11 then maybe the video excuse would work. The president gets informed anytime there is a attack on a U.S building. Unless it is in a warzone.

We need to seek out corruption and get rid of it. And we need to stop defending out own parties. The politicans are the enemies they try to split us with this two party system. Keep us figthing each other so that they can be as corrupt as they want.

CommunitarianKevin
Jan 04 2013 02:29 AM
I know this reply is so late you will probably never see it, but I will reply anyways.

First off, we are stuck with a 2 party system. That is how our goverment is set up. That is how a winner take all system works.

Second, I don't know that the Dems would have done the same. Like I said, we had 9/11 and another Rice make knowingly false statements. It is exactly the same situation...except one led to thousands of deaths and the other led to 4...

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    Hasina
    11 Jan 2013 - 13:35
  • Photo
    Yes_Man
    11 Jan 2013 - 13:03
  • Photo
    Rlyeh