Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blogs

Our community blogs

1. Going deeper in and higher up
    (Faith, NDE’s, Connection and the life-review)

We are all, truly, in this together. But we have fooled ourselves into a false sense of separation, whether from secularist and deterministic Newtonian science or the competitive dogma spewed to the masses from religious zealots of diverse beliefs that run counter to the original unifying principles in the mystical traditions of all of the great faiths. The fundaments and birthright of this universe are based in love, compassion and forgiveness. --- (Dr. Eben Alexander; taken from his article “Confronting Evil”).

++++++++++

If Jesus is truly the “Word” who brought the universe into existence, then Eben’s contention that “the fundaments and birthright of this universe are based in love, compassion and forgiveness”; is manifestly true.  For Christ is truly the revelation of the Father to the world.  I believe that when Jesus stated that “whatever you do to the least, you do to me”, brings this out concisely.  This is a lesson very difficult to learn since we are often controlled by such powerful emotions and fears.  Our emotions are important as well as our fears, yet when they become overwhelming they often lead to isolation and violence. 

I have yet to learn this lesson.  I pray for a loving heart, for a compassionate sense of ‘the other’, yet when push comes to shove, I find myself at odds with my instinctive impulse towards security and survival  and the other desire to seek deeper insight into our connection with one another.  The only way I found that can help to heal this inner conflict is through prayer and God’s mercy and grace. 

I do believe that all through history people have had NDE’s as well as the ‘life-review’ and have brought back and told others of their experience.  In Eben’s article he makes this statement about the importance of the ‘life-review’. 

“The life review of someone who has killed others will be a hellish experience that involves feeling the pain and suffering not only of each of the victims, but also of all the other souls who felt pain when coming to know of their act of killing. This reality comes not from the dogmatic preaching of ideologues, but from the empirical evidence of human experience–from those who have been there, as revealed by the increasing number of stories of NDEs and similar STEs liberally annotated over the internet in recent decades. Much of the absolute tsunami of such evidence comes as a result of enhanced techniques of cardiac resuscitation available to physicians worldwide over the last half century or so. The world is populated with literally millions of souls alive today who have been to the other side and returned to share their experiences. And, the increased number of incidents and expanded reporting through books, media and the internet are not by accident or coincidence. Ignoring such evidence is a choice we should not make.”

This experience truly shows us the connection we have with ‘all’, even if not consciously experienced or felt.  Yet we seem able to be one with the very people that we kill, hate, abuse, as well as those with whom we love and cherish, help and heal.  So I guess the way we has a species tends to deal with problems is not only self-defeating, but causing deep suffering for all at a level that we may not understand or experience until we have our life-review.  Not a pleasant thought.  Yet the truth, even if unsavory will set us free if we allow it to sink in and let it make a difference in our lives.

Jesus seemed to understand this union we have with one another, by the way he ‘saw’ others, spoke to them, healed and simply loved them…and in the end died and still forgave us.  I think this is astounding and is often forgotten by our over exposure to simple faith statements (which sad to say can become a cliché) about this heart wrenching reality of God’s love for all.

To be mindful of our faith as well as to take seriously the experience of millions of people who have an NDE I believe is very important for us today.  To ignore our faith and this experience I believe will be to our determent. 

2. It has been my observation that nothing I have done in my life came easy or "naturally" to me.

Even in school I began to notice certain things such as tests, for example; I could study and memorize then when the time for the test came I oft times made the mistake of thinking I could pass the test because it seemed relatively easy. Stupid me, thinking that I was getting the answers right only to get the test back and discover I flunked it big time; it wasn't just once or twice but every single time.

The lesson I gleaned was that for me, all this nonsense about esteem and confidence was useless; unless I was second and third guessing my action, worrying about missing a step or basically sweating every step then I was doing something wrong.

So I learned as time went by to second guess myself with everything, whatever I did I had to try, I had to always double-check to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong or missing a step because if, at any time, it seemed to go easy and smoothly then I was definitely messing up big time.

It is not that I want to mess up nor am I anticipating something going wrong but the lesson has always been that if something seems easy then I am doing something wrong.

No action or skill ever really "flowed" for me, nothing came easy, readily or "naturally" so after a point I began to wonder what was worth doing if everything is a constant struggle. Even writing this is a struggle as I have to constantly delete and re-write things just to avoid mortally offending people or something.

Yes, I realize all skills take time and effort to develop and sometimes there are snags; I am not that ignorant or naive to think otherwise but there comes a time when it would be nice to have something come relatively easily, where something flows and seems "natural" thus making it more attractive and appealing to pursue.

3. Taça de Portugal 2016

entries
      comments
      views

No blog entries yet

4. Zylotta

AustinHinton
    Latest Entry

Hello everyone, I was just stopping by to say that I have been revamping my story, taking out parts I didn't like (such as the human bashing, that's been done to death at this point in Sci-Fi stories)  as well as focusing more on a select group of characters rather than a bunch at once. I will be posting chapters here soon, so stay tuned! :D 

5. Since humans like to visit the woods to relax and recreate do bigfoot go to the city? If they did would they put on a human suit? After all humans put on monkey suits and act like primates for laughs and giggles.

Can you imagine a bigfoot at the outdoor bigfoot comedy club doing their routine in a human suit.  They would open with "you know Gurtok I don't really believe in humans.  All you have for proof is some fuzzy pictures and foot casts, humans don't seem to have toes, how weird is that?" (Club erupts with sasqutch hoots hollars and screams).

Don't you think Beezlebub should get into the tractor buisness?  He is allready the lord of flies, flies are attracted to manuere, which in turn is used as fertalizer.  Hmmm if he did that then he would have to wear coveralls and rename himself Bezzlebubba lord of tractor demons. (Gag first seen in a newspaper comic, non sequiter I think??)

Anyway these are some things to think about.

6. As I lay on my couch, waiting for my paycheck to be deposited, I am left to wonder: how did my life get this way? A life where every simple task becomes a very expensive and elongated problem. A life where almost no one is willing to offer their assistance in matters where it is required. It seems like everyone I know has had some form of help from their families and/or friends. Be it, teaching them how to drive or helping them get their first job, whereas I have never received any such help from anyone. The most I got was some dishes and towels and a 'good luck' or two. But it's okay. I made it just fine for about a year until the bedbugs attacked. Now I am back to square one. My future hangs in limbo and I have no idea which way it will go. My bet is the wrong way but that's just me being pessimistic which should come as no surprise to those of you who have read any of my previous blogs.

Anyway, regardless of where I will be living next month, today I am purchasing a new cell phone because the one I have is a piece of absolute garbage. First of all, it doesn't even belong to me, it's built to be durable but the screen is cracked, since they focused on hardware when building it, the software is crap, Android 4.1 so it can't run Pokémon Go (which I've been waiting for and longing to play since I heard it was being developed), and the contract expires in a couple days with the option to upgrade but I am choosing not to because I don't like contract phones, they are way too overpriced. So I am buying a cheap-ish phone from Amazon as soon as the money hits my bank account. I am hoping and wishing that the phone arrives before Sunday (or even ships at all since the last time I tried this, the phone never shipped).

I've been a Pokémon fan since I was about 6 years old and I used to pray to God to make Pokémon real and well, this augmented reality smartphone game is probably the closest I'm ever going to get to that prayer being answered. At least until the virtual reality version. So to have it surprisingly released when I was not prepared was not cool. And now I've had to listen to almost all of my coworkers talk about it, I've had to read about it virtually everywhere on the internet and it seems I'm the only person in the country who really wants to play it but can't. Thousands of people who thought Pokémon was childish and stupid a month ago are playing it and loving every minute of it, even if they don't know what a Chansey is. Well I know all 151 Pokémon in the game and all 570+ of the rest of them. To say I'm a bit jealous is an understatement.

So, I am disregarding bills and even food to buy a phone that is up to par with my standards and I don't give a flying Rattata's ass what anyone thinks about it.

7. DivineNinja

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Hi

I just joined Unexplained-Mysteries and am feeling pretty good. The reason why I came to this forum is that I just wanted to discuss certain issues that are hindering my usual life aspects. These issues primarily pertain to peculiar subjects like paranormal and psychics. Since 2010 I have been experiencing telepathic attacks that continue till date. I was at the beginning of my career and was all ready to run the marathon of my life. At first I was mentally distracted by loud real time voices that eventually tried cutting me off my surroundings and made me talk and murmur to myself. I live in a city that locates country's biggest mental hospital which I also frequently visited due to one of my relatives. So, I knew a few things about mental problems and a lot about Schizophrenia. My sleep patterns were disrupted, I woke up in the middle of the nights as if someone shook my body to wake me up, slowly I also realized that I have stopped dreaming and someone kept talking to me like trying to instruct me.

I never discussed this with my family or friends as everybody was and is so busy in their own life and above all I simply hated to be called a MENTAL. For the same when I visited my psychologist I simply complained him about my disrupted sleep patterns only. He prescribed me pills which he told were not the sleeping pills upon my concerns but they actually did put me to deadly sleeps. I hate those pills and try taking them only once in a month. But whether I liked it or not those pills did good bringing me back to normal. By normal here I mean that I was able to think and work normally again but the telepathic attacks never actually stopped. I also tried continuing the pills for a week but it did not worked..

I often became speechless and used to ignore talking to people. However, since the childhood and teen days of my life I have been a guy who loved and lived with comics and movies and believe me this habit of mine did helped me a lot. The best thing I did during telepathic attacks is that I never responded to it, mentally. I knew it very well that once I get engaged with it I would literally develop a habit of mentally talking to the attacker. I don't know how I realized this but I really did exactly that. Currently I frequently hear telepathic comments that depict me as dirty, foolish and useless. But after spending 6 years under such attacks I have learned to ignore it.

But ignorance alone never really ended this as I could feel myself being touched, pinched and pierced. My individuality got totally ruined and despite me feeling miserable at times I somehow manage to follow my daily schedules.

As for relief and treatment information I switched to the internet. I must admit it here that for 5 odd years I really wasted my time searching info relating to white and black magic. The only useful info I tracked was that such attacks are linked with voodoo doll magic where the doll is baptized in the name of victim. It was only this year in 2016 that I somehow changed my search keywords and landed on subjects like telepathy and psychic attacks. This way I came to know about a stone called Black Tourmaline which is said to absorb negative energies. I quickly ordered it online and am currently testing it. So far it had successfully helped in removing my headaches and I can now actually sleep peacefully. I tend keeping these stones in my right or left hand as I lie down on my bed and as I fall asleep I drop them beside my pillow.  But what I still worry about is that black tourmaline does not completely stop it. I still feel it and feel really bad about it. Also, I never see proper dreams.

At first I tried running away from home, asked myself what, why and how of this could happen to me. Believe me I also once said to myself that I am the one selected for destruction. But I hold a few habits that somehow make me step out of the misery. I am a hardcore bodybuilder; I do a lot of exercise and without supplements.  I am also a hardcore gamer who likes playing all new age and classic titles. I am also crazy about movies and prefer watching at least one flick daily. So what eventually I started to believe is that I am one of GOD's soldier and if that was not so why would such an evil thing may happen to me or I may have been doing the same evil to other people.

Currently I am continuing my search for finding a complete solution for shielding myself from such attacks. I do not intend living and ending my life with the same problem. Black Tourmaline stones provide relief but never actually stops it. Also, this stone would work miracles for normal people who wish bringing peace to their life and enhance their focus and performance. I have spend a lot of time on the internet but just like the ocean I know that I have searched or viewed only a small fraction of it. I have provided my story so that anyone else experiencing the same may get a positive reference and if someone reading this knows how to stop or end telepathy or psychic attacks may please revert to this post.

Wishing everybody cheers and good luck.

8. The airline I work for is helping to transport Police Officers to Dallas to attend services for their fallen brethren. This morning we flew a number of NYPD officers in. As we taxied to the gate and I did my usual announcements, I added a few words: "I want to give a shout-out to the officers that are here to attend services today." There was a round of applause, and I said, "May God bless you and protect you, and may God bless America." Several people thanked me as they left the plane. 
    We still live in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave, though we need to return to the fountain from which freedom and courage flow.
    God bless America.

9. Ruby04
    Latest Entry

Not my day it seems. Some nasty piece of work guy (keeping it g/pg on here) walks over to dads land cruiser (flat bed truck) and starts going off at me telling me to move it because it's blocking his drive way and he was trying to get in he was in already. I was saying look I don't drive so can't move it, he's in that house and named.... ask for him. The guy I'm going to get the council out, you fatty he starts trying to take photos of the land cruiser. At this point I'm MAD at getting verbally attacked he could have worded things better but didn't, I get out and in the process slip on the wet ground bang my head on a tree. This piece of work starts laughing and saying that I'm mentally unstable and he wasn't swearing at me. I block (by standing in front of number plates) his view and he's there Go fall again you've got something seriously mentally wrong with you. Me yeah I fing do it's Depression mate. He walks to front of land cruiser, I block and say GET THE F AWAY FROM MY DADS LAND CRUSIER, IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM HE'S IN THAT HOUSE THERE. Guys there WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO HUH WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO. Me shaking at this point barely holding tears in more then you know buddy. He barges to the door demanding the land cruiser gets moved (I was trying to ring dad at same time) and says to dad GET YOUR DAUGHTER IN CHECK SHE'S NOT STABLE! Are you kidding me WHO talks to a female (a little 5ft nothing young and he looked double my age and fair height difference on me) like that. Poor home owner knows the guy is a nasty piece of work and is there, I'm so sorry would you like a glass of water are you ok over and over. I have a headache, feel like I'm going to throw up, shaking, couple bruises and still crying after all this. He did not try calm he went for the verbal attack. I tried polite and had to get him to repeat when he asked who's car (it's not a car so I was confused and Cooper was barking) it was. Going for the mentally unstable line on anyone is low, I am mentally stable more then some it seems.

10. Stories

entries
      comment
      views

Recent Entries

Xanthurion2
    Latest Entry

8/24/14

This world is dark. It’s cold. Empty. I am alone. There is no one else left. They have all gone away… to another place… another world. They have abandoned me. I walk in this lonely place with no destination because there is nothing to walk towards. But, I continue on my futile journey, anyway. There is nothing else to do. I am naked and afraid. I have no possessions, no food or water. Yet, still I live. It is a desolate and miserable existence, but it is still life. I cling to it like moss to a tree, because it is all I have. This life and this barren land is all I know. If I had a life before this, I can’t remember it. I am nameless. I am no one. And yet, I am everyone, because there is nobody else. There aren’t even any animals or plants. In this world, there is only the rusty ground, and me. Sometimes, I look up at the sky. It is always crimson. There is a sun, a bright orange circle piercing through the scarlet clouds. The sun never sets and it never moves. It’s as if this place is frozen in time.

I continue to walk, my bare feet kicking up the red dust with each step. I don’t know why I walk. All I know is that I have to. If I don’t move, I will lose what’s left of my existence. I know I will never reach my chimerical destination but still, I walk. Some part of me hopes that I’m wrong; that there is something else in this world. So, I keep walking.

I wasn’t always alone. There were others with me not long ago. A man, a woman, a boy and a girl. They were like me. We were all wandering this place alone. I found the man first. We didn’t talk much, because there was nothing much to talk about. We talked about the ground, the sky, and the emptiness and then we were silent. Then we found the woman and the boy. The woman claimed the boy was her son. The boy claimed the woman was his mother. Neither knew for sure because none of us knew anything, except that we were here. Then we found the girl. She was lying on her side, curled up in the fetal position, sleeping near a rock. She looked afraid and cold, so we woke her up and she agreed to join us.

So, there we were. The only five people in the world: A young man with thick hair, a thick beard and a thick head; a cautious and terrified woman; a silent yet playful boy; an innocent and timid girl; and me. We walked and talked, and then we slept. Sleeping was the only way to escape; for a short time the red was replaced with black. We did not dream, but still we slept. Then, everyone disappeared, and I was alone.

It must have happened while we were sleeping because all I remember is waking up and being alone. I don’t know what could have happened to the others. They could have been taken to another world, another universe, or simply transported a few miles away. I suppose, another reason I walk, is for them. It has been quite a while, I think, since we were separated, but I still have hope that one day we will meet again. I will continue to walk this barren wasteland, I will continue my journey, and I will kick up tons and tons of rust-colored dust until I find something…or someone. I will not stop because I can’t. There is nothing else to do.

11. This is a little story I discovered I’d written some time ago and had forgotten. I still don’t remember writing it, but I spiffed it up a bit and here it is. It’s really about nothing, as usual, like most of my other stories. It's just another day.

The Boy From Nowhere

“Well, what have you got this time?” The Producer asked, slouching behind his big desk trying to seem uninterested. His official title was, ‘Network Vice President in Charge of Program Development’. I got in to see him because I'd worked with him before. I'd had a few successes and a few failures in the business, but recently my magic hadn't been working very well.

He continued in his usual sarcastic manner. “Your last idea didn’t work out so well, did it? I hope this one is better than the previous crap we bought. The Studio can’t afford many more of your concepts that go down the toilet after five episodes, now can it?”

“Yes, I admit ‘Buster and the Bad Men from Mars’ didn’t go over as I expected,” I said with due humility. “It previewed well, but it didn’t catch on with the twelve year old's for some reason. So we’ve come up with this new idea, ‘The Boy from Nowhere’. It’s about this boy who mysteriously appears here and there and solves crimes and such.

“He’s got this sidekick, a strange animal or maybe a toy like a little robot or something for comedic relief. He’s just a kid, so he has to thwart the bad guys in unexpected ways.

“We’ve interviewed about a hundred kids and narrowed it down to four who we think would suit the part. They’re cute, intelligent and have lots of energy.

“We’re also thinking there’s this evil villain who’s behind all these crimes or whatever, who’s from the same mysterious place the kid is from. We could show this evil guy occasionally, too. Maybe this villain is looking for something on earth that would enhance his evil powers. There are many interesting possibilities.

“See, maybe this kid has some powers, too, or some gadgets or something that he uses. Or maybe this evil being is after something that he manipulates humans to get, and is always thwarted in the end by the kid.

“The kid also makes friends and has emotional relationships with the people in the stories. Then he has to leave them all and go back to Nowhere. The sympathy angle.

“The boy when he appears might stay somewhere, a secret hideaway where he can plan his adventures. Kids like that sort of thing, secrets of their own, I mean. It would be interesting to depict, like at the beginning of each episode. From there he discovers the evil plots by reading newspapers and discerning something mysterious behind events. Or, he could just appear on a city street and get to it.

“The whole thing could be set in the 1930s. That would give it an interesting noir-like effect. This isn’t going to be schlock, either. It’s going to be good drama, well-written and well-acted."

I sat back for a moment to let all this sink in, but the V.P. just absently rapped his fingers on his desk and stared at me. I interrupted the silence by offering, “Then again, maybe he’s a time-traveler as well, can hint about the future. That would add something in places, like off-hand comments.”

I leaned forward in my chair. “If it really catches on, we could spin it off into movies, books, merchandising. So, what do you think?”

“Sounds kind of interesting, I suppose,” he replied with disdain, still leaning back absently. “It’s original in its way, and if done right we might pick it up. But why a kid? Why would this kid be doing all this?”

“Well,” I answered, “we thought about that. Here’s the thing, his dad was doing the same thing, but the evil guy killed him, and the kid took over for revenge.”

The Producer sighed. “Okay, bring me a script and if it shows promise I’ll think about a pilot. But I’m warning you, if this is another dud, you and I are through.”

I stood up, we shook hands over his desk and I left his office. This wasn’t going to be easy, I thought to myself as I waited in the hallway for the elevator. Saturday morning kid’s shows are in a competitive time slot. This would have to be something special.

Out of the elevator, I walked outside into the bright southern California sunshine, palm trees marching down either side of Hollywood Boulevard. I turned and strolled along the sidewalk for a while, thinking things over. I was a little worried, I admit.

My suite at the Beverly Hills was costing me a fortune, but I had to keep up appearances. Lifestyle is important in this business. When the money runs out you’re a nobody and none of the doors will open for you.

If this pitch didn’t pan out I’d have to go back to my old digs in the Valley. That thought depressed me. Natasha would just have to tighten her belt and cut down her spending habits, though I didn’t know how she’d react if I had to loose the Bentley.

We were to have lunch at Spago where I’d have to explain the situation to her. I was counting on my luck to change and the Network to approve my project. I needed the cash. I wanted to buy a home for Natasha and me, maybe not in Holmby Hills, but in some suitably respectable neighborhood, nevertheless. I didn’t want to think about becoming a nobody again. Natasha was never one to associate with nobody’s, and I really liked Natasha.

12. Don Allison

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

In Search of Truth

The Preface for I Met a Ghost at Gettysburg: A Journalist's Journey into the Paranormal

By Don Allison 

In the end, my career choice was a clear one.

As a college student I thought about working in marketing, or perhaps obtaining a law degree. But I decided to pursue journalism, and for me it really was a no-brainer.

At my core I’m a very curious person. I want to figure out how things work, and why things are the way they are. I love to discover things for myself. When I have to rely on accounts from others I want to gather input from a number of people, so I can sort out, analyze and compare what they say.

What better way to pursue that passion than as a journalist?

Through the years I’ve covered murder investigations and trials, political hijinks, civil and criminal court cases and public controversies. I’ve interviewed far more people than I can even begin to remember, on topics ranging from the trivial to the monumental.

In doing so I’ve honed an intuition about people and things I’m observing or interviewing. It’s almost a sixth sense, really, of perceiving red flags that indicate when people are lying or skirting the issue, or when something just doesn’t feel right.

Sometimes people with something to hide go on the attack, or try to avoid truly answering a question. For example, when asked “Are you guilty?” they may reply “I don’t think so,” instead of a clear “No.” At other times they simply appear uncomfortable, won’t look you in the eye or just give off a negative vibe. In some cases the facts just don’t seem to add up.

Whatever the situation may be, I try to ferret out the best information I can to illuminate the truth. Sometimes that involves telling both sides of a story – or three or four sides if necessary – and by presenting the best evidence possible I can let the readers decide for themselves.

I can’t say I’ve never been wrong or drawn faulty conclusions – actually, who among us can ever say that. But I try to be accountable, and when I am wrong I want to acknowledge it and learn from mistakes so I can do a better job in the future.

For 34 years and counting I’ve worked at The Bryan Times, a daily newspaper in northwest Ohio. I was born in Bryan, and spent the majority of my formative years in nearby Stryker. Other than a few years residing in Toledo, where I completed my studies at the University of Toledo, I have lived in Williams County, Ohio.

People here know me. People knew my grandparents, aunts and uncles, and they know my parents, siblings, wife, kids, and cousins. I have worked all my life to build a reputation here. I want to be known as an honest, reliable, friendly person, someone who contributes to the community and helps to make it a better place.

As a journalist, every time one of my stories appears in print my performance is judged by my readers. In effect, my reputation is at risk every day if I don’t do my job properly. Since I have been at work more than three decades – actually four decades if you count my early work in sports with the former Stryker Advance – I must be competent. If not I would have been thrown out on my ear long ago. In fact, from my earliest days at The Bryan Times I was charged with editing the work of others, in addition to my own reporting. In 1996 I was named editor of the paper, a role I filled for many years in multiple stints, and now I am senior editor, semi-retired to devote more time to my Civil War and other historical pursuits.

The point I’m trying to make is that when I put my name on a piece of writing, I stand behind it.

I thought long and hard before deciding to tackle this project, an exploration of the paranormal. I know many people are skeptical when it comes to this subject. I understand, because I was a stalwart skeptic and still approach each paranormal experience as skeptic.

The paranormal is not a subject I went looking for. It definitely came looking for me. After I have had experience after experience that I could not explain away by the laws of nature as we generally know them, I eventually felt compelled to learn more. The more I researched the topic, the more I realized my paranormal experiences were much more numerous and of a much broader nature than I had believed. And writing being at the core of my nature, I now feel led to share what I have learned.

Once I decided to proceed with this book, I realized I could hold nothing back. I am treating the paranormal as I would any other topic. I am sharing my own experiences and what I have learned from research. I am passing on what other people have told me about the subject and in some cases their own perceptions of what I have experienced.

I realize there are those who may laugh, or roll their eyes, or wonder if I have taken leave of my best judgment. But I appreciate the fact that such treatment has befallen many who have gone before me, people who put forward such outlandish ideas as that of a round earth, not a flat one; of man flying through the air or into space; a belief in rocks falling from the heavens; an impossible flow of energy we now know as electricity; and the sheer lunacy of waves traveling through the air transporting sounds and visual images to be retrieved by far-away machines.

It takes people with such vision to expand our knowledge, and our societal comfort zone. Without the willingness to explore the unknown, our society cannot advance.

So I will take this risk. I will do the best I can to present the evidence I’ve found and let my readers come to their own conclusions.

In fact, I stake my reputation on it.

13. cheap ffxiv gil

entries
      comments
      views

No blog entries yet

14. shadowhive
    Latest Entry

Sometimes I wonder why I still come to this place.

I've considered leaving lately a few times. I mean honestly some of the people just seem borderline insane. How little they value human life. How much they care about religion. How much they value their guns. How they cry about freedom when they don't value it. Too many people just looking for a reason to start a civil war.

Sure there are the occasional sane voice and nice person, but too often they get drowned out in the sea of madness.

So perhaps I should go.

But then, isn't that lettiing those kinds of people win? I don't know anymore.

When the shooting happened I became angry and tired and since then, I've just become more tired, more angry at the pro-gun people. At their excsues, at the lack of concern for life, their talk of freedom, their barely concealled bloodlust/ The lies and their desire for a conflict that would tear their country apart. I'm just so tired, tired of them, tired of their idiocy.

Not to mention being tired of the whole breit thing and how all the leavers are jumping for joy despite the vote not being decisive, not meaning anything and the leaders of itopenly lying and having no plan (and the chaos after it). (And evenn then a pro-gunner wants us to gain arms, go ****ing ffigure.)

I'm just so tired of them. All of them.

In just over two weeks I head away anyway for a few days, so maybe I should do a break until after then.

15. Like it or not public perceptions matter. 

The smartest person in the room acting lackadaisical and looking disheveled might lead others to assume their possessing the same traits is acceptable.

If they don't operate at peak performance they could lose a job over not being profitable.

If everyone can't do it no one can.

Boo-hoo.

Frown frown frown.

The hardest working member of the team constantly relishing the last one night stand or heavy bender might be a prompt to the next that over indulgence is alright.

Eventually, they could end up not being fit for duty.

Like it or not examples set can have a far reaching impact. 

We never know what all occurrences we could have been mistakenly partially responsible for.

The day came when I decided the world didn't revolve around me.

Yes, it was very disheartening. 

I'm extremely important to me. 

But, I had to think about what life would be like in a world full of me's.

What if it was run by me's, and all the people I ran into on a daily basis were identical to me? 

I wouldn't have liked that at all. 

At that point I decided to embark on becoming the best me I can be. 

I like to do my part.  

I want to be a worthwhile contributing member of society.

I can't remember exactly how it was phrased, but I once heard someone make a statement to the effect of, be the change you'd like to see in the world; because you never know who might be watching.

After I was able to push my pride to the side I decided I full heartedly agree.

I don't want to influence anybody to make decisions which will dramatically alter their lives in a negative way.

So, today my fun matters a little less to myself, and I'm okay with that. 

16. portia.angelique.lumiere99

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

I  NOT  ONLY  DO  I  BELIEVE  IN  TIME  TRAVELERS  FROM  THE  FAR  OFF  FUTURE, TO  HELP  OUT  THEIR  PAST 

DESCENDANTS,BUT...I  KNOW  THAT  THEY  TRULY  DO  EXIST! IN  ORDER  TO  "GET  IT  RIGHT..'THE  FIRST  TIME  AROUND'.....'AND  NOT  SCREW  UP,LIKE  DURING WWII ( WITH  ADOLPH  HITLER, &  THE  REST  OF  THOSE  MAD  MEN ),THE  LAST  TIME  AROUND'"!  KNOW  WHAT  I  AM  SAYING?!

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Mark One
    Latest Entry

As he stood there in his brown cords, red-suede-shoes and matching tan coloured duffle coat his demeanour was excitement.  The doc casually adjusted his brill creamed side parting as he waited for the doors to slide open.  Far beyond the glittery doors he could hear Emmas voice describing the next house mate.

17. DigitalDreamer
    Latest Entry

I see these old blog entries riddled with depression and anger,And i don't even recognize that guy! 

I've grown firm and hardened to the worlds attempts at kicking me while i'm down and hoping that i won't get up,Now i can see through the thunderstorms and can appreciate them.The cleansing they provide,the darkness ever so temporary until pierced by the sun rays of mushrooms and psychedelic awakening.

Cheers,m8!:lol:

18.   Chapter 13 Pic.jpg  

Still surrounded by the pin-point lights, Cloney asks, “What are these strange lights, Zerak?

“I don’t know. They’re all around us, but they don’t seem to be doing any harm. They’re like tiny stars.”

“They are the portents of the Values,” Zarkor says, still in his trance. “They will guide us safely to the Depository. Within their enclosure we are hidden from the guards.”

Our three heroes glide on. As they approached ever closer to the mysterious glow ahead, Cloney exclaims, “Look! Even this close it’s still just a wispy blaze of light! Where’s the Depository?”

“I don’t know, Cloney,” Zerak replies. “I don’t understand.”

Zarkor, withdrawing somewhat from his trance, says, “You two must wait here. You will be safe within the lights. I must go on alone.”

Zerak turns to Zarkor in surprise. “Alone? Why, Zarkor? I thought we were in this together.”

“Because this is the will of the Values,” Zarkor replies. “Only I am in telepathic contact with them, only I can be guided by them to accomplish the task at hand, to free the Values forever. Do not worry, I will return safely. Trust in the wisdom of the Values.”

Zerak and Cloney are silent as Zarkor in his Safety Cube drifts slowly away toward the glowing brightness beyond. When Zarkor is finally out of sight in the great nothingness, Zerak turns to Cloney.

“We’ll have to trust in the Values and in Zarkor, Cloney,” he says. “There’s nothing else we can do. It’s up to Zarkor now.”

“I don’t like this,” Cloney says, peering into the darkness after Zarkor. “Zarkor all by himself is a danger to himself, and probably to us as well. I’m afraid he’ll get himself in mischief and we’ll have to rescue him!”

Suddenly Zarkor’s Safety Cube can be seen returning to Zerak and Cloney. “He’s coming back!” Cloney exclaims. “He probably got scared and needs our help after all.”

When Zarkor has reached his two friends, he turns his Safety Cube to face Zerak and Cloney.

“I thought you were going to free the Values,” Zerak says. “What happened?”   

Now completely out of his trance, Zarkor is angry. “This is impossible! They’re still arguing! First they want me to come to them alone, then they change their minds and tell me to wait until they’ve made a unanimous decision! I’m tired of all this drifting about listening to all their stupid clatter! These Values still can’t decide on any reasonable plan of escape. It’s useless.”

“I though they knew what they were doing all along,” says Zerak.

“They’re still debating among themselves,” Zarkor says in frustration. “It’s confusing, telepathically listening to their pointless discussions. They can’t make up their minds about anything! I’m going to confront these so-called Supervisors myself,” he says finally. “My superior intellect will be more than a match for their puny minds. After all, they’re all just accountants and stuff, right? Supervisors, indeed! From what the Values tell me, their all incompetent fools. They say it’s always been a mess in that Depository. One of them is always escaping then being recaptured. These so-called Supervisors keep loosing track of who’s there and who’s missing. That’s why thru need that Sentinel and all those stupid guards!

“The Values are smart enough to escape sometimes,” Cloney offers timidly.

“Yeah, but they don’t know where to go when they do! They just wander about aimlessly until some guard spots them and then they’re brought back. Stupid. That’s why I’m going to take matters into my own.”

“But what about the Vulgarians?” Cloney asks fearfully.

“I’ll deal with them, too,” Zarkor states definitely. “I’ve met Vulgarians before once, or who they said they were. This Vulgarian guy was all fierce talking at first, but I soon put him in his place. In the end he was apologizing to me for the mess they made of this Universe!”

Zerak and Cloney stared at Zarkor in wonder. “You met a Vulgarian?” Zerak asked, bewildered.

“Sure!” Zarkor says proudly, and even in his Safety Cube they could see him puff himself up. “It’s when I bought that classic ship from Cousin Billy’s Pawn Shop, remember? I met this guy, Mr. Brain in a diner, and we went to this Vulgarian Outpost and I gave that stupid Vulgarian a good talking too.”

“You never mentioned that to me,” Zerak says.

Zarkor looks a little pale. “Well, for some reason you didn’t want me to fly that ship. You said it was junk, that Cousin Billy cheated me. Well, it wasn’t and he didn’t. It was a classic space ship, real old world craftsmanship. I still have it, in fact, tucked away on the planet. Needs a little maintenance now, I’ll admit, but it’s spaceworthy. It’s a classic!”

Zerak turned and looks at Cloney, then back to Zarkor. “Maybe we should wait until the Values finally make up their minds,” he says cautiously. “We don’t really know enough about all this to make any real decisions, do you think?”

“Nonsense,” Zarkor snarls. “You two wait here, I’ll straighten all this out. My infallible intuition tells me all I have to do is use my superior intelligence on these inferior species, these so-called Supervisors. And if any Vulgarian interferes, I’ll deal with him, too.”

With that, Zarkor quickly glides ay from Zerak and Cloney, not looking back.

“Do you think we should follow him?” Cloney asks. “I just know he’s going to get himself into trouble, and probably us with him.”

Zerak turns once again at the distant glow. “Perhaps,” he muses. “But there‘s more to Zarkor than you know, you being so young and all. I have some confidence he’ll succeed better than we may think.”

Cloney looks at Zerak doubtfully. “Maybe, but I know Zarkor, too. I’m the one who had to save him on our Adventure on the Next Continent, remember? I just hope his Dumb Luck Implant is up and running. I have a feeling he’ll need it.”

Zarkor, all alone now, continues his glide toward the glowing mist ahead. After a while he spots a solid structure within the brilliant filaments of light. “That must be where the stupid Supervisors are,” he says to himself. Altering his course, he heads for a large silver globe to the side of the bright filaments.

Zarkor drifts around the globe until he spots what he considers an entranceway. Gliding up to it, he telekinetically knocks on the metal door. After a moment, a voice from inside yells out, “Who’s there?!”

“It’s me, Zarkor,” Zarkor answers. “Let me in!”

“Who?” The interior voice asks.

“Zarkor!” Zarkor shouts impatiently. “Let me in or I’ll blow the door open!”

There is confused shuffling heard from inside. “What do you want?” The voice says, then it adds, “Go away!”

“You better let me in, whoever you are!” Zarkor shouts at the door. “You’re in big trouble! I’m on a mission from the Galactic Council, and if you don’t want to be arrested right away you better open up!”

There is momentary silence from inside. Then Zarkor hears some confused conversations. “Well?” He shouts.

More confused exchanges from the interior.  Finally a voice yells out, “The Supreme Council has no authority over us!”

“Oh no? If you don’t want Council battle ships to arrive, open this stupid door!” Is Zarkor’s response.

There is a squeaking sound as the outer door of the silver globe slowly begins to open. “That’s better,” Zarkor says as he drifts inside the airlock. The outer door closes and air hisses into the chamber. The inner door then swings wide and Zarkor is confronted by three Humanoid Supervisors.

Looking at the three, Zarkor mutters, “I should have known, Humans.”

19. I want to find a new job. I'm tired of where I am and to be honest, I don't think this firm will be around much beyond the end of this year.

My problem: I've done virtually nothing for the last 10 years and have lost all confidence in what I am capable of doing. I work for 2 architects. One of them very rarely lets me type emails or letters for him; the other I always type emails/letters for him because he has virtually no knowledge of computers and is happily ignorant. The problem is that he doesn't send many letters or emails. I answer the phone, three lines, but it doesn't really ring all that much. We have the odd visitor, but not as often as other architect firms probably have. I make sure all supplies are stocked and when we have the occasional lunch n learn, I organize the meal ordering.

That has been the extent of my work life for the last 10 years. I have always been willing to learn new things, new programs, but these two guys never wanted me to learn anything new. 

I look at job descriptions and hesitate to apply because I am scared I will be overwhelmed and fail under pressure. I don't know what to do.

20. I do apologize for this overdue update. I'm here to talk more about my little family. The pack as you know, The Scattered Ruins, has grown a bit more. Up to 11 members now and still a few more to come. Many plans for us all have been set for this summer. Our main event being the meet up at my place. We are going to be cooking out, sleeping out in the yard under all the stars, hanging at the park, and going to a wolf park about an hour form my place. The pack had had some major news, a lot I am not going to be going into, of new members and stuff outside of it all. Welcoming new members is always a hard time as some may not get along with others. As the alpha I'm constantly making sure everyone is ok and safe.

Besides the pack I have my own events planned. I have two graduations and three open houses to go to. After my sister finishes summer school we are heading to Kentucky until a few days before a Slipknot concert. We are returning for a few days over the summer to camp out and get in to see Slipknot. We are buying pit tickets for the event, with about four or five of us going to the event. Besides these major events nothing to special is happening. 

Well iv given you an update on what's going on. I'll try to do more updates and statues over the summer since I won't be as busy as I normally am. Major events and updates will always been spoken about within this blog here.

So for now this is Lunar Wolf signing out. Have fun my mates and make it a great summer.

~Lunar Wolf~

image.jpg

21. AustinHinton
    Latest Entry

These are the Aspie stereotypes I dislike the most, and why they don’t apply to me.

-Aspies are nothing but fleshy computers (I can think creatively, a computer cannot)
    -Aspies stink at social communication and etiquette (I have decent social communication skills, but etiquette? Ya not so much…)
    -Aspies are apathic and do not care for the emotions of others (I am VERY empathic)
    -Aspies are “anal retentive” and only care about useless factoids (I care about more things than factoids)
    -Aspies speak in a monotone devoid of even the slightest emotion (My voice is quite emotional)
    -Aspies don’t swear (I admit this is true for me)
    -Aspies talk with an air of superiority (I never speak to anyone like this)
    -Aspies are doomed to stay single unless a girl takes pity on them (I cant really say much about this one, I’ve never had a GF)
    -Aspies are only male (I have known female Aspies)
    -Aspies are little more than children and need constant care and supervision (I spend a good part of my life alone, and I can take care of myself)
    -Aspies are only into “Autistic things” (What, pray tell, is an “Autistic thing”?)
    -Aspies have embarrassing “episodes” (I have meltdowns from time to time, but I wouldn’t call them episodes)
    -Aspies are just faking it for attention (I despise it when people say I’m “just faking it”)
    -Aspies are your typical nerds/geeks (Aspies can be anything, we are not nerds or geeks in the traditional sense)
    -Aspies aren’t emotional (I am quite emotive.)

22. MoonPrincess' Blog

By: thesanityclause

tumblr_o12msvQqby1qm2i8co1_540.jpg

I love this comic. I've seen it before and still funny!

23. blog-0544041001463671897.jpeg(( this little story or whatever you wanna call it is gonna have a lot of swearing in it so if you don't like people who swear or can't stand it as it is, you can stop reading now even though the words are bleeped out.)) ((there may be more than one part))

Almost three years ago, I met you, and you met me. It felt like a sigh of relief, the world being thrown off my shoulders. You felt like a pain pill that took it all away. Everyday we would meet outside on the sidewalk and then go into the back field. You were such an amazing friend, though there were times where your mom was a b****, yet I ignored her, you were one of the only things that mattered to me.

I remember your 14th birthday party, I still remember all your friends that I may never see again.

I still remember how your friend showed me "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared: Time". She was the main person who got me into the fandom and kept watching theories and videos about the series. I remember how we made videos and made parody videos that were ******* hilarious and made me laugh so hard that I almost peed my pants.

Then things started to change, your mom started to act more of a b****, and you started texting me less. What happened, where did you go, why were you ignoring me? I still don't know to this day. You invited me to a New Year's Eve party and I agreed to go, you never texted me after that. I texted you that I was ready to come over, you said you didn't see me as a friend because I ignored you? Really? You're the one who didn't text me that past week.

After the New Year party, you came up to me like a little child and started crying and asking ((forcing)) me for forgiveness, so I gave in. Oh boy, was I an idiot.

Part 2 coming tomorrow or Monday