Nathan DiYorio's Blog

Photo

Animation Review: Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (2003)

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Reviews, Cartoons, Movies 11 June 2013 · 663 views
animation, film, reviews

Posted Image

Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman takes place shortly after the highly acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series (more...

Photo

Animation Review: Sonic the Hedgehog, Episode 01-01: Heads or Tails

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Reviews, Cartoons 15 April 2013 · 500 views
animation, review, cartoon

Posted Image

Moving on with my Everything I...

Photo

Animation Review: Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Reviews, Cartoons 14 April 2013 · 709 views
animation, review

Posted Image

Potential futures aren't a plot line alien to the Marvel Universe of comic books, video games, and films with popular...

Photo

My Little Teacup of Confusion and Guilty Pleasure

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Cartoons 22 February 2013 · 951 views
cartoons
So earlier tonight I was sitting in my room, not-so-silently having a bit of a panic attack over stuff that shouldn't be inducing panic attacks, when my friend presented me with the following question:

"Have you heard of the term "bronys?""

Almost jokingly I replied by asking if that was some type of pony. At first I thought my...

Photo

Looney Tunes Show? I Don't Think So

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Cartoons 22 February 2013 · 995 views
cartoons
Last month I decided to write a blog talking about The Looney Tunes Show after the first episode had aired on Cartoon Network. In the article I talked about how the first episode was looking good, and how if the rest of the season followed in its footsteps, the show would ultimately be a worthy continuation of the Looney Tunes...

Photo

It's Sad to See Things Go

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Books, Movies, Video Games, Comic Books, Cartoons 22 February 2013 · 403 views
video games, comic books and 3 more...
As both a collector and a player, it's really sad to see pieces of a franchise's history disappear to the tides of time. I'm not even talking about things like the Sega GameGear, the GameBoy Micro, or the McDonald's toy lines. Not directly, anyways. What I'm talking about are some of the lesser games, the children's novels, the DIC...

Photo

Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Video Games, Cartoons 22 February 2013 · 1,543 views

Cartoon Network has long been my favorite cable TV station. Back in the days when it used to play a nonstop parade of my favorite Hanna-Barbera cartoons up until the past couple of years, when the last of their good shows (with the exception Ben 10, which starts good each season) died.

Photo

Are the Animaniacs Looney Tunes?

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Cartoons 22 February 2013 · 1,873 views
cartoons
In the early 1990's , Warner Bros. collaborated with Steven Spielberg to create a follow-up series to the succesful Tiny Toons Adventures cartoons. The result was Steven Spielberg Presents Animaniacs, a show with a lead cast derived from early silent cartoons, and a supporting crew showcased in various short cartoons. Some of these...

Photo

Animation: Where Has the Good Stuff Gone?

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Cartoons 22 February 2013 · 263 views
cartoons
Some of my fondest childhood memories are those of Saturday mornings. The sun was up, the birds were chirping, occasionally I would glimpse the beauitful crest of a crimson cardinal perched on the windowbox outside my bedroom. More important than any of this beauty, however, on earlier than my body wanted to wake, was the Saturday morning cartoon line-up....

Photo

2 Stupid Dogs Returns 2 the CN

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Cartoons 20 February 2013 · 693 views
cartoons
2 Stupid Dogs is one of those shows that you remember when you see it, or when you hear it from another room, but if it isn't immediate in front of you, it becomes a mute blur of unshaded color in the memory of your childhood babysat-by-the-television days.

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    Kriven
    18 Mar 2015 - 20:12
  • Photo
    Brian Topp
    10 Mar 2014 - 02:32
  • Photo
    Q-C