The Buzz Word

Photo

Waspie Meets Lusty

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle, Photos 15 November 2006 · 210 views

This blog entry is not as racy and salacious as the title suggests. In fact if you want racy and salacious you are almost certainly reading the wrong blog. In this case Lusty is HMS Illustrious, the Royal Navies flag ship and one of Britain's 3 Invincible class light aircraft carriers. Illustrious sailed down the Thames and Friday to spend 6 days moored...

Photo

It's good to be back.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 15 November 2006 · 59 views

I've had nearly 24 hours with out being able to connect to UM. After all the hacker related problems this is almost too much to cope with. I was beginning to go cold turkey.

I had a problem starting yesterday afternoon. I could get a good connection, I could send and receive emails and I could even connect to a few web sites but not many and not this...

Photo

Noisy Neighbours

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 13 November 2006 · 71 views

The above title is a little unfair as noisy, in this case, is a relative term.

I have new next door neighbours. They moved in a couple of weeks ago but I haven't spoken to them yet. I'm not the sort of person that can just knock on someone's door and introduce myself. I would feel self-conscious and come across as false. No doubt we will meet...

Photo

Sleep

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 12 November 2006 · 65 views

I have never been a fan of sleep. It has always seemed a waste of time to me. I love that feeling you get after a good nights sleep, I just don't want to bother with sleeping to feel like that.

What I do enjoy, however, is hat semi-dreaming state you can enter just as you wake up. I am awake enough to be aware of reality but I can still allow my mind...

Photo

A dream I wish I could remember

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 11 November 2006 · 79 views

I very rarely remember dreams. Sometimes they linger for just a few seconds after I wake, lingering on the edge of memory, before evaporating into the ether forever.

Usually the fact that I don't remember dreams doesn't concern me. This morning was an exception. I would love to know why I have a set of teeth marks, MY OWN teeth marks, on my right...

Photo

Putting out the rubbish

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 08 November 2006 · 76 views

Wednesday is rubbish collection day for me. This used to be a simple task. The dustmen would arrive. They would walk down my garden path and empty my bin. That was it.

Then in the era of Thatcherism we were told that it was evil for local councils to run things like refuse collection. These services must be privatised as this would lead to greater...

Photo

Remember, remember the 5th of November

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 05 November 2006 · 100 views

Well, it's Guy Fawkes night again. It's 401 years now since the attempt to blow up Parliament. We commemorate this every year in the UK by spending our money on fireworks and then attempting to blow ourselves up. We also show our appreciation to the fire brigade and ambulance service by insuring that they are busy all night.

Guy Fawkes night...

Photo

What is it with fireworks these days?

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 31 October 2006 · 86 views

Until a few years ago the only time you ever heard fireworks in my part of the world was around the 5th November. Now it seems they are used to celebrate everything. There are a lot of Hindus and Sikhs living in my area and so I can understand that Diwali has just been celebrated, but why is it like a war zone in my street tonight? What have fireworks got...

Photo

A Walk in the Woods

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Photos, General waffle 29 October 2006 · 88 views

Less than a ten minute walk from my house is a little area of woodland. It is surrounded by houses and is bordered by a busy road and railway line but from certain angles all you can see is nature.

Back in the summer I got in the habit of taking an early morning walk there, taking my digital camera with me. A series of rainy mornings halted this habit...

Photo

My posts and why I do it.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 26 October 2006 · 82 views

Anyone that has read any of my posts will probably have realised that I am fanatical about spaceflight and astronomy. I love to post space related news stories here.

Although all I am doing is a cut and paste job I am very particular about the look of the posts. In many cases the original writer of the article has gone to a lot of trouble to make their...

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image