Photo

A Walk in the Woods

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Photos, General waffle 29 October 2006 · 119 views

Less than a ten minute walk from my house is a little area of woodland. It is surrounded by houses and is bordered by a busy road and railway line but from certain angles all you can see is nature.

Back in the summer I got in the habit of taking an early morning walk there, taking my digital camera with me. A series of rainy mornings halted this habit and I never got round to starting again.

This morning was a fine, bright autumn morn so I decided to visit the woods with my camera again. My intention was to photograph the woods as the leaves turned red and post the pictures here, alongside the ones I took in the summer. I was going to post the pictures and then wax lyrical about nature in all her glory.

After returning home I found that I wasn't satisfied with the pictures I took today. The focus either isn't quite sharp enough or the trees are a little too under-exposed. I hope it is a fine day tomorrow so I can try again.

As I left the woods I noticed some fungi (I'm not sure if they are mushrooms or toadstools, I never did find out what the difference was). I decided to stick the camera on macro and see if I could get some decent shots. As the ground was very damp it was a matter of bending down, pointing the camera in the right direction and hoping for the best. I was rather pleased to find that I got some decent shots. This is the best one.

Posted Image

If tomorrow starts as nicely as today I shall try again to get some decent pictures. Watch this space.

I'm lucky enough to live right near to two of the largest Royal Parks. I haven't been to either for quite a long time now, if I ever get a new camera some time I'll see what I can do, there's lots of potential for good photography. yes.gif

Nice picture; what time was it taken? It looks like a nightshot.
Oh, and a toadstool is just a mushroom which is poisonous. thumbsup.gif

Waspie_Dwarf
Oct 29 2006 10:47 AM
QUOTE(Raptor X7 @ Oct 29 2006, 10:40 AM)

Nice picture; what time was it taken? It looks like a nightshot.

Thank you.

It was taken at 7.30am. It was generally light, but fungus was well shaded by trees so I used a bit of flash.
I love that pic.  Blogs with pics rock.

Waspie_Dwarf
Oct 30 2006 02:55 PM
This morning was too overcast for nice photographs. I'll try again tomorrow.

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image