Photo

Nyana - International Cat of Mystery?

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 10 November 2006 · 172 views

It's 4:30 am GMT. There is no one around (except me). There is not a cloud in the sky, So my question is this, how come my cat Nyana has just come in soaking wet?

Not all of her, just her back. If she was soaked from head to foot I would assume she had fallen in a pond chasing fish. If her belly was wet then I would assume she found some tall wet grass. But her back?

It doesn't seem to have worried her, she's purring away. Why do I always end up with weird felines?

Did she go into the wrong yard, only to be met by a bucket of water, perhaps? Get licked by a really big dog?  tongue.gif

Waspie_Dwarf
Nov 10 2006 06:02 AM
QUOTE(_Nyx_ @ Nov 10 2006, 05:42 AM)

Did she go into the wrong yard, only to be met by a bucket of water, perhaps?

Possible but unlikely at 4.30 am. She is a very quiet cat and not the sort to wake people up in the earlier hours.

QUOTE(_Nyx_ @ Nov 10 2006, 05:42 AM)

Get licked by a really big dog?  tongue.gif

My next door neighbours had a boxer called Bruno (they probably still have but they moved away a couple of weeks ago). Bruno always wanted to play with Nyana until, one day, she scratched his nose. After that Bruno ran away whenever he saw her.

Given this I suspect that big dogs getting close enough to Nyana to lick her would do so at their own peril.
Hmm...probably walked under a low hanging shrub or something then...  original.gif

Waspie_Dwarf
Nov 10 2006 06:16 AM
QUOTE(_Nyx_ @ Nov 10 2006, 06:10 AM)

Hmm...probably walked under a low hanging shrub or something then...  original.gif

Could be.

The thing with Nyana is that she is as mad as a box of frogs. I can just picture her swimming back stroke in someone's pond.

She's gone back out now so I'll see if she is wet again when she returns.
laugh.gif  There isn't a cat on this planet that I'd ever underestimate... they'll do the damndest things..  wink2.gif
My dog always licks my cat's hair into weird shapes.
QUOTE(_Nyx_ @ Nov 10 2006, 01:10 AM)

That would be my guess, as well. Maybe a plant that had just been watered by a sprinkler system of some sort or covered in morning "dew"(I think I like the word "dew" more than any human really should)....either that, or some poor misguided(and probably hairy-tongued) soul mistook the cat for a certain type of toad.

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image