Photo

I predict a headache

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Good friends and jolly good c... 24 November 2006 · 99 views

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'm jumping on a train and heading towards London. I shall head towards Earl's Court where I shall meet with some friends. We will watch England heroically lose the Rugby test with South Africa and drink some beer.

I haven't had a lot of cash recently and I suspect that I will not be as tolerant to alcohol as I once was. I haven't been out drinking since April. Since April I have had less than 8 pints in total. Getting home is going to be fun. I suspect that I might not be feeling very well on Sunday.

It is possible the headache may start even before I get to Earl's Court. There is a storm on the way. Winds are predicted to gust at between 60 & 75 mph overnight leading to structural damage. Oh deep joy!! As I live in an area where leaves on the line can bring trains to a halt I don't stand a lot of chance if whole trees come down. The storm should be ending an hour or two before I leave home.

If I do get to London I should be in for a good day. Earl's Court is an area frequented by antipodeans. There is a fair chance we will watch the game in a pub where there will be a few South Africans. This can lead to some good banter. There will, no doubt, be a few Aussies around, so we will probably be on the receiving end of some mickey taking about how well the England team is doing in the Ashes. Oh well, we handed it out last year.

A lot of the pubs in Earl's Court have been gentrified in recent years. They may look nicer but I miss some of the atmosphere. The Prince of Teck is the pub we are most likely to watch the game in. It is now all nice shiny pine. It used to be more spit and saw dust. It had posers of Australia and New Zealand at the back of the pub and a stuffed kangaroo in an Aussie rugby shirt above the bar. The main drink consumed was VB served in cold tinnies (there were fridges packed with the stuff). It would be packed to the gills when there was a rugby match on the TV. It's nice now, but how wants nice when you are watching rugby?

bLu3 de 3n3rgy
Nov 24 2006 09:48 PM
Sounds like you have a good day lined up! Hope the weather behaves thumbsup.gif

Waspie_Dwarf
Nov 25 2006 11:22 AM
Journey check list:

Look on internet for problems on Southeastern Trains - NONE - Good  original.gif

Look on internet for problems on the District tube line - NONE - Very good  thumbsup.gif

Check pocket for wallet and door keys - all present and correct - Excellent  thumbsup.gif  original.gif

Look out of window to see what the weather is like - Oh b*&%er!  sad.gif
laugh.gif It must not be as bad as ice fishing in 8 degrees.

Waspie_Dwarf
Nov 25 2006 11:39 PM
QUOTE(frogfish @ Nov 25 2006, 04:09 PM)

laugh.gif It must not be as bad as ice fishing in 8 degrees.

Why would anyone go fishing for ice? Weird!  blink.gif

I appear to be under the affluence of incohol influence of alcohol. I think I need copious quantities of black coffee.
QUOTE(Waspie_Dwarf @ Nov 25 2006, 11:39 PM)

Why would anyone go fishing for ice? Weird!  blink.gif

The weird part is when those fish steal my bait and end up on my line...Those ice(s?) are nasty buggers.

Hey Waspie, I just noticed those breath-taking pics on the right-side of your blog. Simply amazing pics, Waspie!

Waspie_Dwarf
Nov 26 2006 10:17 AM
My prediction was 100% correct... I have a headache.

QUOTE(frogfish @ Nov 26 2006, 05:48 AM)

Hey Waspie, I just noticed those breath-taking pics on the right-side of your blog. Simply amazing pics, Waspie!

Thanks frogfish, I rather like your photos in the Photography thread and your blog too.

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image