Photo

The Kitchen Catastrophes of a Clumsy Clown

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 29 November 2006 · 124 views

My kitchen is trying to kill me. As if eating my own cooking isn't dangerous enough inanimate kitchen object seem to have it in for me at the moment.

Monday: I managed to knock my water filter jug off the draining board. It was full (at least until it hit the floor). The plastic split and I had a very large puddle to clear up. If I was to repeat the language I used at the time on this board I would have to suspend myself for several millennia.

Tuesday: I dropped a knife which hit my foot. Fortunately the flat of the blade hit me rather than a sharp bit.

Today: I managed to burn my finger in the oven. Not badly I hasten to add.

I am now wondering what my kitchen has in store for me for the rest of the week.

Please tell me you don't have a garbage disposal........and, for the love of God, stay AWAY from the blender!!!

Seriously, I'm glad your not hurt. Don't feel so bad, I wen't to open the door to my oven last evening and left side of the ENTIRE door came-off.....so I did what any normal, rational, level-headed man like myself would do.......I KICKED it.......then I fixed it....with a crowbar.... dontgetit.gif ...no, you probably shouldn't ask.

Waspie_Dwarf
Nov 29 2006 11:27 PM
My sister (known on this site as sleepy) can top that. Before she was married and she still lived where I am now we used to have a cooker with a folding glass top. That exploded one day while she was using it. I arrived through the back door just after this to find sleepy and both my parents looking shell shocked.

Then after she moved away I got a phone call in work. She had come round to visit our Mum and had managed to rip the door off the oven (I don't think she kicked it afterwards though). She was worried I'd be upset but I just found it funny.

There was also the flaming French bread incident where she managed to set fire to a stick of French bread wrapped in paper. She got in a panic and ran around with it. It looked like an edible Olympic torch. The conversation between her and me went something like this:

Waspie: "Put the bread in the sink and turn the water on."

sleepy: "No."

Waspie: "Why not?"

sleepy: "Because it will ruin the bread."

Waspie: "And burning the house down won't?"

sleepy: "OK, I'll put it in the sink."

Despite these incidents I wouldn't call her clumsy (far from it), it's just that occasionally things happen to her.
She got in a panic and ran around with it. It looked like an edible Olympic torch.

It took me a few minutes to recover after reading this bit.....but I managed laugh.gif .....sounds like she(with your help, of course) handled it quite nicely. No, it dosent sound like she's a jinx or clutz, she was just in a bit of a bad stretch.........now my Mother w00t.gif ...oh, how I love her, but she could injure herself in a pillow-padded room with no windows.
thanks so much for telling that story big brother. and now i work in catering dont ever tell my boss no.gif
Nothing like being a big brother, Waspie tongue.gif

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image