Photo

Another Night On The Town

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Photos, Good friends and jolly good c... 02 December 2006 · 123 views

It was back to central London on Thursday for more drinks with Steve and Simon. This time we started in the Argyll Arms, Oxford Circus. We then had a few in the Shakespeare's Head which is very close to the famous Carnaby Street. We moved on to another pub, but I can't remember which one.

Steve left before Simon and I, so the two of us headed of to Leicester Square. We finished the night in the Bear and Ragged Staff.

After Simon left I decided to try and get a few night shots of Trafalgar Square before heading back to the railway station. I remember to bring my little pocket tripod with me. Sadly one of the legs feel off so I wasn't able to get the results I had hoped for. Never the less my best two attempts are included below.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Trafalgar Square

What had been a very enjoyable evening was slightly spoilt by the fact that I fell asleep on the train home and woke up at the end of the line (Dartford). Fortunately I live only one stop from the end of the line. Unfortunately there were no more trains heading back to my stop (Barnehurst) at that time of night.

Dartford has a one way system that most people find incomprehensible when sober. I wasn't sober and it took me a considerable amount of time to find the correct bus stop. Still I go home eventually.

Daughter of the Nine Moons
Dec 07 2006 06:27 PM
I fell asleep on the train home and missed my stop once. I also once took the wrong bus blush.gif

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image