Photo

Sadness and Worry

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 22 January 2007 · 99 views

I am a deeply worried person today. One of my cats, Zeta, has not been well. She was caught out in the stormy weather on Friday night. When she returned Saturday she seemed frail. There was no sign of physical injury but she did not seem right. It is a difficult thing to describe but if you are a pet owner you will know what it is like to pick up little signs in their body language that you just can't explain to others.

On Sunday all she wanted to do was sleep. She wasn't eating and my worry about her health grew. Then she got up and started drinking milk. She seemed to be improving and I felt a lot more hopeful.

At some time during the night she left the house through the cat flap and hasn't returned. It is fairly unusual for her to be gone for any length of time during the winter but as she did not seem too well I am very concerned. I have looked for her every where I can think of, but there are so many gardens and places I simply can not get to or see into that finding her will be next to impossible.

I have a growing feeling that she will not return.

(((sends hugs))). I hope she comes back soon sweetheart.  sad.gif
A lot of times people will see an animal in distress, bring it inside and take care of it. Get the word out to your neighbors just in case that has happened.

Best of luck. wub.gif
Don't give-up hope, my friend...try and stay positive.

bLu3 de 3n3rgy
Jan 22 2007 09:49 PM
sad.gif aw I hope she comes back...
Oh Waspie, I feel sad and worried as well. I, too, hope she returns home. However, I do know that sometimes cats will go off on their own when they know they are passing on. I'm really pulling for the option that someone found her and is taking care of her. Have you contacted any of the animal shelters near you? Perhaps she might have been turned in at one of them?

Keep us updated.

Waspie_Dwarf
Jan 24 2007 09:27 AM
QUOTE(Lilly @ Jan 24 2007, 02:27 AM)
Oh Waspie, I feel sad and worried as well. I, too, hope she returns home. However, I do know that sometimes cats will go off on their own when they know they are passing on. I'm really pulling for the option that someone found her and is taking care of her. Have you contacted any of the animal shelters near you? Perhaps she might have been turned in at one of them?

Keep us updated.

I tend to feel that she took herself off somewhere because she knew she was ill. If she has died I doubt I will find her as there a a lot of foxes in my area. It's been more than 2 days since I saw here, it's been very cold and there is snow on the ground, I have to be realistic and assume she isn't coming back.

Her health had deteriorated so quickly after being caught in the stormy weather that I thought there was a high chance she wouldn't survive the night. She was very frail but not distressed or in pain. I thought I would leave her to die in her sleep. Had she survived the night I would have taken her to the vet in the morning.

The saddest thing is when I put only one food bowl down instead of two. Just over a year ago there were three dishes. Zeta's brother, Boysie, died in October 2005.

It's just Nyana and myself now. She tried to cheer me up this morning with a dead mouse. She seemed most upset that I wasn't impressed.

Daughter of the Nine Moons
Jan 24 2007 02:17 PM
I'm sorry Waspie sad.gif

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image