Photo

If you want to go to heaven when you die...

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 20 May 2007 · 279 views

If you want to go to heaven when you die,
If you want to go to heaven when you die,
Wear a black and yellow bonnet,
With Wasps written on it,
If you want to go to heaven when you die.

Singing I will if you will, so will I,
Singing I will if you will, so will I,
Singing I will if you will,
I will if you will,
I will if you will, so will I.

(sung to the tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain).

That is a song traditionally sung by Wasps fans. It is considered bad luck to sing it before the game, that will bring a loss for sure. It is only sung after a game if Wasps have won. Today the Wasps fans sang that song.

If you read my blog entry from yesterday you will know that Wasps were playing the mighty Leicester Tigers in the European Cup final. It was a game that virtually no one thought Wasps could win. It seems no one remember to tell the Wasps player.

Today the Wasps squad were awesome. Leicester (probably the best club side in the Northern Hemisphere) threw everything they had into the game. It wasn't enough. Wasps defensive coach, Shaun Edwards, has a saying, "offence sells tickets, defence wins games". The thin black line of Wasps defence held firm. It was never breached by Leicester. They did not score a try and had to settle for 3 penalties. Wasps managed 2 tries, 4 penalties and a drop goal.

Final score: Leicester 9, Wasps 25. When the final whistle went I had tears in my eyes. Only a true sports fan can understand the pain that defeat brings or the pride that a victory against the odds causes. I was proud of the team I support today. There was no single outstanding hero. No one great performance, just a squad that put their bodies on the line for the team.

London Wasps - TWICE European Champions. It has a nice ring to it.

Allez, allez, allez...

WASPS, WASPS, WASPS!

Posted Image

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

*Sings with Waspie*

Waspie_Dwarf
May 21 2007 02:28 PM
QUOTE(~Onyx~ @ May 21 2007, 03:18 PM)
*Sings with Waspie*

That is something you would regret. My singing is bad at the best of times, but with my voice hoarse from shouting and cheering and with the quantity of alcohol that was in my system when I typed that entry I suspect it would not be good to be with in earshot of me.
QUOTE(Waspie_Dwarf @ May 21 2007, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE(~Onyx~ @ May 21 2007, 03:18 PM)
*Sings with Waspie*

That is something you would regret. My singing is bad at the best of times, but with my voice hoarse from shouting and cheering and with the quantity of alcohol that was in my system when I typed that entry I suspect it would not be good to be with in earshot of me.

My ears bleeding is a small price to pay, my good sir...and besides, you haven't heard ME sing either, lol.

Waspie_Dwarf
May 21 2007 04:39 PM
QUOTE(~Onyx~ @ May 21 2007, 05:29 PM)
My ears bleeding is a small price to pay, my good sir.

Funnily enough my friends Mike and Simon, who were sitting either side of me yesterday, said something similar. I am usually a fairly quiet individual. It was only when I started going to Wasps matches that I discovered I have the ability to shout very, VERY loudly indeed. I am still suffering for it though. My throat is hurting quite badly today. Like bleeding ears, a sore throat is a price worth paying.
QUOTE(Waspie_Dwarf @ May 21 2007, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE(~Onyx~ @ May 21 2007, 05:29 PM)
My ears bleeding is a small price to pay, my good sir.

Funnily enough my friends Mike and Simon, who were sitting either side of me yesterday, said something similar. I am usually a fairly quiet individual. It was only when I started going to Wasps matches that I discovered I have the ability to shout very, VERY loudly indeed. I am still suffering for it though. My throat is hurting quite badly today. Like bleeding ears, a sore throat is a price worth paying.

Hahaha, sounds like me after a Dolphin game, and a win certainly does help ease the pain......CHEERS!!!

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image