Photo

It's been a long time...

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 26 May 2008 · 131 views

It has been a while since I visited this blog. That is ironic really because I stopped blogging just around the time I actually had something to say.

I had been unemployed for a long time. In November I returned to work. After a long period without work it was hard to re-adapt, but I haven't been sacked so I must be doing something right. Slowly but surely I am getting myself respect back and the fog of depression is clearing. Hopefully I will be back to my old self of a few years ago soon.

On the down side I had to cope with the loss of a friend in January. I had know Kristy since she was just 3 or 4 years old. To hear of her suicide at just 20 was a hugely painful thing. I can not begin to imagine how much it hurt her mother and step father, and still does to this day. Kristy was possibly the single most intelligent person I have ever known. Her loss leaves a huge hole, although I believe I am far from alone in having had my life enriched by knowing her.

On the plus side my sister's best friend Jacquie has recently got back in touch with her. They were always good friends am they are good for each other. I always got on very well with Jacquie and I consider her my friend too. Talking to her it is like there hasn't been a gap of many years. Talking to her was always easy and that hasn't changed. The problem is that I am spending far too much time on MSN and not getting enough sleep.

Jacquie's re-appearance has inspired me to get off my backside and start getting in touch with friends that I have let slip over the last few years. My friends were always an important pat of my life. Over the last few years, whilst wallowing in the self-pity of depression, I have not been a good friend to some of them. It is time for this to end.

I have said it in the past, "I am going to try to keep this blog up to date from now on". I hope I keep my promise to myself this time.

So sorry to hear about your loss.   May her memory live on in your heart.

The Skeptic Eric Raven
May 26 2008 06:10 PM
Suicide is such a dreadful thing. The damage that is done to those left behind is severe. I wish you the best.

Waspie_Dwarf
May 26 2008 06:54 PM
Thank you to the two of you, but it is with her family that your thoughts and wishes should really be directed.

Enigmatic Ghost
May 26 2008 07:15 PM
I'm glad ere you have found you inner spirit to write and blog once again, as for the loss of your dear friend I am so sorry as it was truly and tragic loss, in the healing I find it is best for me to only grasp hold of all the positive and happy times shared with those gone over, my heart and prayers go to you and her family dearly.
Glad to see you back and keep your heart and face to the sun my friend…Pavot

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image