Photo

One of those moments that make you go WOW!

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 27 May 2008 · 150 views

As the title suggests today I had a WOW! moment.

I have recently started walking home from work. I want to get fitter and lose weight and walking home seemed a good start, especially as it is a seven mile walk. Not bad for a fat boy eh?

Anyway, part of this walk is through a little park which runs beside the River Shuttle (it's hardly big enough to be called a stream). I enjoy wildlife and this little park is full of birds. I make no claim to be an expert bir watcher but I take an interest and generally know what it is I am looking at.

Today the Shuttle was more full than I have seen it before and faster flowing as a result of heavy rain at the weekend. As I neared the end of the park I noticed a tree trunk stinking out of the river bank. As I saw the tree trunk I thought to myself, "this would be a perfect place for a kingfisher". I have never seen a European kingfisher. I have seen pied kingfishers in Zimbabwe and Kenya but I have always wanted to see my native variety.

At the exact moment I thought this there was a flash of blue and a kingfisher flew past, not 6 feet from where I was standing.

To finally see one was good in itself but for it to happen at the exact moment I was thinking about it, that makes it a WOW! moment for me.

Enigmatic Ghost
May 27 2008 10:51 PM
I find being in touch with our inner self and blending as one with natures creatures wee and large is a spiritual connection and will produce Wow moments, it sounds as though perhaps this Kingfisher is maybe one or your Animal Spirit totems my friend, observe them when present and beware of your life and spirit situations at moment when they come and watch for them to bring to you aswers and sings, I have discerned my messages from my Animal spirit Totems in life and my life's choices and directions to follow by that which the Ravens show me and the Hawk and others…, but remember when we ask heart hearted questions the answers they bring to us may very well not be which we want very much, but may be the right path to take concerning all hearts involved…Pavot
Oooo I've just had a WOW moment

I used to ride my BMX through the river Shuttle - where it runs through the goats field at Blackfen.

grin2.gif

Waspie_Dwarf
May 28 2008 06:09 PM
QUOTE (*MoG* @ May 28 2008, 12:46 PM)
Oooo I've just had a WOW moment

I used to ride my BMX through the river Shuttle - where it runs through the goats field at Blackfen.

grin2.gif

I'm walking along the Shuttle between Sidcup and Bexley. Still plenty of kids on their BMXs.

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image