The Buzz Word

Photo

I haven't done this in a while...

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 29 October 2009 · 257 views

It's been 15 months since my last entry. I've been back on UM for about 2 months now, after 8 months without a computer and life has changed a little bit since then.

Once upon a time I had a good job, which paid well. Then the dreaded redundancy came. I was already suffering depression at the time and that pushed me into a state that took a long...

Photo

On the whole I'd rather be asleep...

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 12 July 2008 · 235 views

It's 5:38 am on the morning. It's Saturday. I don't have to work today. I'm tired and in need of a lie in. So why am I writing in my blog? Well one word... CRAMP. It's not a thing I suffer from very often but when I do it hurts like a... well I can't think of an appropriate simile that won't be censored by the language filter,...

Photo

Hard drive? Hard luck!

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 01 July 2008 · 176 views

Okay, I have no one to blame but myself. I knew my hard drive was dying. I knew it needed replacing, but there was always something else that I just wanted to buy first. If it could just wait until the next pay day, or the one after that. And it did, admittedly I've become more practised in reinstalling corrupted software than I would have chosen but...

Photo

Hair cuts.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 11 June 2008 · 184 views

Today I had a hair cut. Not that dramatic an event, but I absolutely hate it. I always have. For some people it is the dentist they hate, for me it's the barbers.

It's not really a phobia, I'm not scared of getting my hair cut, I'd just rather not.

I have wondered why I hate it so much. Partly, I suspect, it is because I'm a naturally...

Photo

Recharging the batteries.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 09 June 2008 · 158 views

It's funny how, during my long period of unemployment, I craved being around people. I missed the banter that you have between work mates. In fact for a large part of the time I missed conversation full stop. I live on my own (well there is also my cat, Nyana, but she's not much of a conversationalist) and days would pass when I did not exchange a...

Photo

Absent friends.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Good friends and jolly good c... 07 June 2008 · 201 views

It had been my intention to write about the great day I had this time last week. About the thrills and tensions of watching Wasps win another title and about the enjoyment of celebrating with friends afterwards. That will have to wait. Sadly one of those friends is no longer with us.

Tom was in good spirits and (so I thought) good health when I last saw...

Photo

In to battle once again.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 31 May 2008 · 116 views

It is that time of year again. The English rugby season is coming to an end, Wasps are in a final at Twickenham and I have a ticket.

This year Wasps are in the Guinness Premiership final, to determine the champions of England. Just as with he European final last year (and the last English Final Wasps played in, in 2005) are opposition are the mighty...

Photo

One of those moments that make you go WOW!

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 27 May 2008 · 112 views

As the title suggests today I had a WOW! moment.

I have recently started walking home from work. I want to get fitter and lose weight and walking home seemed a good start, especially as it is a seven mile walk. Not bad for a fat boy eh?

Anyway, part of this walk is through a little park which runs beside the River Shuttle (it's hardly big enough...

Photo

It's been a long time...

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 26 May 2008 · 106 views

It has been a while since I visited this blog. That is ironic really because I stopped blogging just around the time I actually had something to say.

I had been unemployed for a long time. In November I returned to work. After a long period without work it was hard to re-adapt, but I haven't been sacked so I must be doing something right. Slowly but...

Photo

Too close for comfort

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Important stuff 29 September 2007 · 101 views

A few years I go a sat a psychometric test in work. It told me very little about myself that I didn't already know. I agreed with virtually all the conclusions except one. The test claimed that I didn't care about other peoples feelings. I don't believe that tom be true. I care deeply, I just don't know how to express it. I don't know...

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image