The Buzz Word

Photo

Another reason to hate spammers

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 26 November 2006 · 124 views

If I hadn't spotted a spammer on this site as I was about to leave yesterday I wouldn't have been 5 minutes later than I intended leaving home.

If I hadn't been 5 minutes later than intended leaving home I would have caught an earlier train.

If I had caught the earlier train I wouldn't have had to watch the arrivals board announcing that...

Photo

I predict a headache

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Good friends and jolly good c... 24 November 2006 · 234 views

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'm jumping on a train and heading towards London. I shall head towards Earl's Court where I shall meet with some friends. We will watch England heroically lose the Rugby test with South Africa and drink some beer.

I haven't had a lot of cash recently and I suspect that I will not be as tolerant to alcohol...

Photo

Stupid questions

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 23 November 2006 · 116 views

Yesterday there was an unexpected ring on my door bell. As Wednesday is refuse collection day the bell ringer would have had to negotiate my paper recycling bin and my composatble material recycling bin to get to my front door. These bins had only just been emptied (in the case of the compostables literally seconds before) and I hadn't got around to...

Photo

Rude awakenings

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 23 November 2006 · 115 views

I hate it when it rains in the early hours of the morning because it wakes me up. Not directly, you understand. I'm a bit of an insomniac. I find it difficult to fall asleep. Once I do fall asleep though a small scale nuclear war couldn't wake me. So how is it that the rain does? I'll tell you.

If you have seen the photographs of my cats in...

Photo

Hair

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 19 November 2006 · 137 views

Human hair is strange stuff. For the best part of a decade I have been losing hair such that I block the plug hole when I have a shower, yet, by some miracle of nature, I am still not bald.

My non-baldness is a bit of a surprise to me. I always expected to be like my father in this respect. Old photographs show that when my father (aged 28) married my...

Photo

A battle of wills.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 17 November 2006 · 140 views

For some strange reason my cats seem to be ganging up on me. We are currently in a battle of wills and I'm not sure that I am winning.

It is all to do with sleeping places, theirs rather than mine. Zeta seems to have decided to put me in my place. There are plenty of places for here to sleep and until a few days ago she was satisfied them. Now she...

Photo

Waspie Meets Lusty

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle, Photos 15 November 2006 · 255 views

This blog entry is not as racy and salacious as the title suggests. In fact if you want racy and salacious you are almost certainly reading the wrong blog. In this case Lusty is HMS Illustrious, the Royal Navies flag ship and one of Britain's 3 Invincible class light aircraft carriers. Illustrious sailed down the Thames and Friday to spend 6 days moored...

Photo

It's good to be back.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 15 November 2006 · 90 views

I've had nearly 24 hours with out being able to connect to UM. After all the hacker related problems this is almost too much to cope with. I was beginning to go cold turkey.

I had a problem starting yesterday afternoon. I could get a good connection, I could send and receive emails and I could even connect to a few web sites but not many and not this...

Photo

Noisy Neighbours

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 13 November 2006 · 96 views

The above title is a little unfair as noisy, in this case, is a relative term.

I have new next door neighbours. They moved in a couple of weeks ago but I haven't spoken to them yet. I'm not the sort of person that can just knock on someone's door and introduce myself. I would feel self-conscious and come across as false. No doubt we will meet...

Photo

The ups and downs of being a sports fan

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 13 November 2006 · 108 views

Being a sports fan can be a little like being a manic depressive. There are huge highs and deep lows. Take this weekend for example.

On Saturday England played Argentina at Twickenham in a rugby union international. In an almost totally inept display England lost to Argentina on home soil for the first time in history. It was England's 7th...

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image