The Buzz Word

Photo

What has 4 legs, a tail & no brain?

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 30 October 2006 · 107 views

What has 4 legs, a tail & no brain?

The answer to the above question is a cat. Not all cats, just one of mine. In Happiness is the sound of a cat...

Photo

The Bus Journey From Hell

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , 29 October 2006 · 75 views
General Waffle
This morning I was wishing that I had something more exciting to write on my blog. I should have taken notice of that old Chinese proverb, "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it"

Tonight,on the bus journey home from visiting a family member, I was sitting alone on the top deck of the bus. A group of 5 youths got on and sat...

Photo

The Kentucky Kid - King of the World

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 29 October 2006 · 53 views

Congratulations to Nicky Hayden, the new MotoGP World Champion.

Unbelievably, in today's race in Valencia, the world's best motorcyclist, Valentino Rossi, made a mistake and fell. Hayden's 3rd place was enough to end Rossi's year reign as World Champion. Hayden has been consistent this year. He only won 2 of the 17 races but that was...

Photo

A Walk in the Woods

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Photos, General waffle 29 October 2006 · 85 views

Less than a ten minute walk from my house is a little area of woodland. It is surrounded by houses and is bordered by a busy road and railway line but from certain angles all you can see is nature.

Back in the summer I got in the habit of taking an early morning walk there, taking my digital camera with me. A series of rainy mornings halted this habit...

Photo

The Doctor and The Kentucky Kid

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 29 October 2006 · 63 views

In just a few hours time there will be a shoot out between Valentino "the Doctor" Rossi and Nicky "the Kentucky Kid" Hayden. The weapons of choice are not Colt 45s but 990cc MotoGP bikes.

Valentino Rossi is one of my sporting heroes. At just 27 years old he is already a 7 times World Champion. He entered the World of Grand Prix bikes in...

Photo

The most important link on this site

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Important stuff 27 October 2006 · 129 views

Unexplained Mysteries is a fascinating place with an eclectic mixture of posts and members. The links provided can take you from the educational to the bizarre.

Of all the links I have clicked on the one which has most meaning for me is Fluffybunny's home page. I recommend it to everyone, going there could save someone's life. As many of you know...

Photo

Happiness is the sound of a cat flap

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 26 October 2006 · 90 views

Although I am the only human living in this house I know that I am not the boss. Who is actually in charge is a matter of much heated debate between my two cats. Zeta is over 15 years old and has been top cat for a few years. Nyana is the young upstart. She is just three (although in here head she is still a kitten most of the time).

Zeta is shy with...

Photo

My posts and why I do it.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 26 October 2006 · 80 views

Anyone that has read any of my posts will probably have realised that I am fanatical about spaceflight and astronomy. I love to post space related news stories here.

Although all I am doing is a cut and paste job I am very particular about the look of the posts. In many cases the original writer of the article has gone to a lot of trouble to make their...

Photo

Good bye Michael Schumacher

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in Sport 24 October 2006 · 83 views

The retirement of Michael Schumacher from Formula 1 on Sunday has brought to an end one of the most glittering and controversial careers in motor racing history. 91 wins and seven world titles suggest that Schumacher is one of the greatest drivers ever to have piloted a racing car. Collisions with Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve show the other side of...

Photo

Why I've started this blog

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 24 October 2006 · 87 views

I have decided it is time I started a blog. If I am to be an effective moderator I need to understand how everything on this site works. It seems to me the best way to understand what this blogging lark is all about is to start one myself.

So what am I going to write about? I wish I knew. I could put my thoughts into words here, but I suspect that would...

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image