Photo

Zen Story

Posted by StarMountainKid , 03 July 2010 · 127 views

Wisdom
One day a Zen master and one of his young students went to the village market. There was a large crowd in the marketplace as they stood watching.  They noticed a large man standing at the edge of the crown, obvioulsy wanting to get to the other side. As soon as he entered the crowd he started pushing his way through making a path, knocking people aside, threatening people if they didn't move, causing a ruckus and making everyone angry as he passed.  Finally he got to the other side and walked on.

The Zen master looked at his student and said, "Now there is a man with great strength, but no power".

Later, a small, thin, very old man stood at the edge of the crowd. He, too, wanted to cross to the other side. He started in, sidleling this way and that, edging around people, weaving his way and that, passing through the crowd without disturbing anyone. The people in the crowd hardly knew he had passed. Finally, he got to the other side and walked on.

The Zen master looked at his student and said, "Now there is a man with no strength, but great power".

Still Waters
Jul 03 2010 08:40 PM
Spot on  :tu:

Black Hound
Jul 28 2010 12:22 AM
Having studied Zen for years, I never thought I would see any Zen on here.Remind me to tell you the "Satori Bird and the Wood Cutter".:)

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users