StarMountainKid's Blog

Photo

The Dome - Chapter One

Posted by StarMountainKid , 30 August 2014 · 271 views

I walked out the front door of my shed and faced the morning. It was hot as usual. The rains had ended a month ago, and now the prospect was for dry weather. I kicked the ground, and dust rose to my ankles. “Oh well,” I thought to myself, “another summer.”

I looked out across the village. Sooty smoke was rising from various tin...

Photo

Valomar's Top 10

Posted by StarMountainKid , 17 August 2014 · 296 views

Valomar’s Top 10

Here is Valomar’s top 10:
  • Silimitude

• Brimoberon

• Porele

• Strene

• Plicer

• Atious

• Skaxis

• Lom-Bard

• Mearim

• Dramble
Now of course this hierarchy is a matter of opinion. Even Valomar’s taste can be questioned, though considered the greatest expert on the subject. There...

Photo

Some Boring Stuff

Posted by StarMountainKid , 10 August 2014 · 241 views

One of these days I’m going to finish that ‘Void’ story I started.  The way my mind works I can only think about one thing at a time. See, I’ve been busy with other interests, like my cats and restoring my old BMW and riding my 10-speed bike around the neighborhood.

That’s three things, but I think about these one at a time....

Photo

1729 - The Hardy-Ramanujan Taxicab Number

Posted by StarMountainKid , 07 August 2014 · 330 views

The British mathematician G.H. Hardy visited a hospital to see the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan:  “I had ridden in taxi cab number 1729 and remarked that the number seemed to me rather a dull one.  "No," he replied, "it is a very interesting number; it is the smallest number expressible as the sum of two cubes in two...

Photo

The Great Cosmic Void - Chapter Seven

Posted by StarMountainKid , 01 July 2014 · 261 views

The Great Cosmic Void - Chapter Seven Three voices are heard speaking at once. One is saying, “This is not where it’s supposed to be!” Another says, “No, it should be over there!” The third voice says, “I like it here better. It fits well here.” “Well, leave it there then, but when we can’t find it later, it’ll be your...

Photo

Into The Great Cosmic Void - Of My Mind

Posted by StarMountainKid , 22 June 2014 · 217 views

Due to various brain malfunctions that I have had to live with all my life, the exciting conclusion of this story will have to wait until next week.

I’ve actually written the chapter, but I don’t like it. The only part I really like is Zarkor’s explanation of how he met Beethoven one day while studying Earthlings and his influence on...

Photo

Into The Great Cosmic Void - Intermission

Posted by StarMountainKid , 14 June 2014 · 192 views

The next installment of The Great Cosmic Void is coming soon, I promise. I’ve been a little distracted this week, so I’m still writing it. This is my excuse for not putting it up today.

Or, alternately, Zarkor has been a little distracted this week, so he is late in relating this adventure to me. This is an alternate version of how these...

Photo

Into The Great Cosmic Void - Chapter Six

Posted by StarMountainKid , 07 June 2014 · 188 views

Into The Great Cosmic Void - Chapter Six Zarkor and Zerak’s Lightship travels deeper and deeper into The Great Cosmic Void.  As the vast nothingness envelops them, they feel isolated from the rest of the Universe. Zarkor, Zerak and Cloney peer into the emptiness on the Viewscreen, each contemplating their own personal apprehensive thoughts.

Zerak pulls his eyes from the Viewscreen and turns...

Photo

Into The Great Cosmic Void - Chapter Five

Posted by StarMountainKid , 31 May 2014 · 248 views

Into The Great Cosmic Void - Chapter Five More absurd nonsense, which is after all, the best kind.

As the glowing orb grows brighter, Zerak, Zarkor and Cloney drift away from the Viewscreen in fear. “Zarkor!” Zerak shouts, “Man the Death Ray! If this thing attacks, fire!”

Zarkor quickly drifts to the powerful weapon’s control panel.

“Ready,...

Photo

Into The Great Cosmic Void - Chapter Four

Posted by StarMountainKid , 24 May 2014 · 167 views

Into The Great Cosmic Void - Chapter Four With the intrepid Zerak at the controls, their LIghtship travels closer and closer toward the mysteries of The Great Cosmic Void. Zarkor, Zerak and Cloney watch in silence at the nothing on the Viewscreen, all three in anxious anticipation for what unknown perils may await them. Tension builds as thoughts of the Hidion’s warning of the unknown and...

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users