Photo

TIME

Posted by Dr. D , 19 August 2010 · 63 views

Here we are, the host of us.  We debate the workings of the world and pretend to understand the mechanics of the universe or the intentions of a god.  We are imitators of the billions that went before us and all those yet to come for we live within the rapture of ourselves, hoping to be more than we are.

We came upon this earth with but one guarantee.  It was the guarantee that we would be given a certain amount of time.  For some that allotment is but minutes and for others it spans past a century, but one thing is certain.  Every second of our time is exclusively ours.  It is all we will ever have.

In considering that, think wisely about our time.  Each of us is given about 27,500 days to live.  If we imagined that instead of days we had only 27,500 dollars to last us throughout our lives, we would spent each dollar with extreme caution.  But yet, we permit our days to pass one after the other without lending thought to their great value or importance.  

If I do something, for example, that causes another person to feel sad and it affects their day, I have stolen that time from their lives.  It would be better that I steal their money for money can be replaced and that time will never be recovered to live it in happiness.  

So it is when we make promises to one another.  When a couple stands before the altar, I prefer that they not make vows with God as their witness.  It would be better to simply say, "Here is the rest of my time.  It is yours.  I put it in your care with complete trust that you will treat it well.  Also, I accept your time and I will cherish it and guard it as my own."

As time passes and one nears that moment when they close the gate of life, the meaning of time becomes more acute and meaningful.  One realizes that life is not measured in mansions, cars, yachts or pools.  It is measured in the collection of experiences, both good and bad, wonderful and woeful, that completes the tapestry of our existence.  And so we should live and enjoy the experience of it.  We should rejoice that we are within this fleeting micro-second of cosmic time that was ours to exist.  

In living, ponder not the past since it is formed and unalterable.  Look forever forward with dreams and goals and ambitions.  I believe that the present does not exist.  What I think to write in this moment has already passed into memory and what I think I will write goes quickly with it.  In the collision of the past and the future is the spark of life.  It is within that crisp flash of light that the energy called life dwells and we are captured within it and should be joyful that we move and think and breath and love.

It is time to think of your time.  I wish you joy in the adventure of doing it.

As time passes and one nears that moment when they close the gate of life, the meaning of time becomes more acute and meaningful. One realizes that life is not measured in mansions, cars, yachts or pools. It is measured in the collection of experiences, both good and bad, wonderful and woeful, that completes the tapestry of our existence. And so we should live and enjoy the experience of it. We should rejoice that we are within this fleeting micro-second of cosmic time that was ours to exist.

Well said, though we do think differently on many levels, I find your musings very helpful.

Peace
Mark