And love departed, transformed into hate

The woman's dream that dreamers dreamt
Where love...

Photo

FACES

Posted by Dr. D , 16 August 2012 · 211 views

A million faceless people have touched my days
People who entered my life and walked past the limits of my memory
To be forever lost in the limbo of what once was.
What they gave or took from the inventory of my life
I do not recall, except that they once were there
And now they have gone without the honor of remembrance.

There were those, of course,...

Photo

THINGS THAT CONFUSE ME

Posted by Dr. D , 15 August 2012 · 485 views

I am always fascinated with strange things; things that normal people never think about.  I guess that says a lot about me but the truth is that my brain never developed like other peoples.  Somehow, my thought processes probe into meanings underneath the sound of words.  My brain waves hunt for some special significance to everything I hear or read.  I...

Photo

CYCLES

Posted by Dr. D , 15 August 2012 · 344 views
life in a mexican village
I awaken to a concert of commerce.  The milkman brings his product straight from the teats and calls into the early morning, “Leche!  Leche!”  The sharpener of scissors pushes his noisy cart while almost singing the offering of his service.  The gas truck comes with a monotonous tune and its horn pierces the dawn.  There is no...

Photo

I WAS SHOT

Posted by Dr. D , 15 August 2012 · 586 views
as if anyone missed me
I was shot.  Some people wonder where I have been for more than a year and the answer is simply, “I was shot.”  I was driving in Torreon, Coahuila and from all directions came the explosions of weapons.  I was in the middle of a cartel gun battle.  One bullet came through the driver’s side window and entered my shoulder.  Another went...

Photo

I am 2011

Posted by Dr. D , 29 December 2010 · 92 views

I have waited a long time to be here with you.

As any mother will know, I have not yet arrived but I give signals of my coming and I offer you great promises.

As all young things, I will find my life within you. The quality of my existence will depend on your goals, your beliefs, your trust and faith, your determination and your actions.

I will be...

Photo

I think about them

Posted by Dr. D , 26 December 2010 · 48 views

I think about all those unheard within our threads. Those silenced by the times when survival takes precedence over the cost of internet. They are not among us and their voices remain unheard. But they have tales to tell and opinions more valid than ours. We believe that the recession has taken their jobs but it will be a depression if it takes...

Photo

My Christmas Message

Posted by Dr. D , 22 December 2010 · 78 views

It is the tradition of Mexico to eat tamales on Christmas. Cruel humor tells that it is so that the poor kids will have something to open. In far too many cases, the cruelty takes the form of reality.

There is a medium sized city about an hour to the east of my village. A larger city rests an hour and a half to the west. Even so, there are people...

Photo

Where Is Rodney?

Posted by Dr. D , 14 December 2010 · 46 views

His name was Rodney Fagerstedt and he was not like other kids. His IQ dipped to the Forest Gump level and he walked the halls of our high school with so many greetings from everyone that you would imagine him the most popular kid in school. Things were different then and young people knew something about compassion and but for the grace of God.

He was a...

Photo

Teaching your child

Posted by Dr. D , 12 December 2010 · 79 views

With your child, never use the word "obey" because it is a verb that denigrates even the person saying it.
Nobody is so wise that deserves to be obeyed.

Teach, better, to doubt, to question, to rebel against everything that seems unfair, dirty, cruel or false. It is a thousand times better for a child to want to imitate his father than to obey...