Hugh's Blog

Photo

A Future With No Wars Against Each Other

Posted by Hugh , 28 June 2014 · 225 views

I look forward to the time in our development, where we don't fight wars against each other and marvel at the bravery of our troops, but we prevent wars against each other and marvel at the intelligence of ourselves.

What do I do to work towards this? I try to not fight with others in my life and try to help them instead. I try to raise my children...

Photo

Power of the Future?

Posted by Hugh , 12 August 2013 · 237 views

Is it possible that we could use some sort of artificially created muscle mass as a power source in the future?

I'm thinking of the ability of a human to ride several hundreds of miles on a bike after eating a couple of sandwiches for fuel...

Or the ability of a weightlifter to lift hundreds of pounds over their head with the caloric expenditure of a...

Photo

The Most Important Thing In Life

Posted by Hugh , 22 July 2013 · 307 views

You are one with everything, so when you put negativity out, you end up hurting not only others, but yourself, so strive to put out positivity, so you not only help others, but yourself as well, and you end up living in a happy, beautiful and loving world around you, created by your own positive thoughts and actions.  :)

Photo

Visual Reorientation Illusions (VRIs) - other explanations of the experience...

Posted by Hugh , 17 September 2011 · 394 views

It's interesting to read how other people explain how they've experienced Visual Reorientation Illusions (VRIs)... where one's world viewpoint gets flipped around 90 or 180 degrees in an instant.

There is a RadioLab Episode called Lost and Found: http://www.radiolab.org/2011/jan/25/ and the first section called "You Are...

Photo

Center of Each Galaxy Holds the Key

Posted by Hugh , 19 August 2011 · 159 views

You know the state in which you are waking up from a deep sleep, when your mind is still partly in the twilight zone, when you can still be kind of dreaming but it's lucid, and things are on a different level of consciousness than they normally are?

Well, I had one of those moments this morning, and a strong feeling of realization hit me... it was so...

Photo

Softness

Posted by Hugh , 09 October 2010 · 271 views

Posted Image

Softness

Softness, pure, and lovingly present.
Gentle, kind and always pleasant.
At peace with all,
with warmth and care,
Softness...

Photo

Happy Cell

Posted by Hugh , 23 September 2010 · 184 views

Posted Image

The yellow oval is a happy cell with a smile... he might be floating along a tiny river, or jumping up from a log while sailing down a water slide, or swinging from a tiny green vine!

After I made this, I noticed a dark blue figure near the bottom of the slide, waiting for the happy cell to...

Photo

With Regards to Assisted Suicide

Posted by Hugh , 23 September 2010 · 187 views

I think there are cases where it should be legally allowed.

If the person is aware that they are dying from a disease, and they are in a lot of pain, and there is no hope for a cure or turnaround, then they should have the free choice to ask for an assisted suicide from a willing doctor that has the means necessary to make it quick and as painless as...

Photo

"Something" Has Always Existed

Posted by Hugh , 22 September 2010 · 380 views

"Something" has always existed, and didn't need to be created in the first place.

Something cannot come from nothing, it's impossible.

It's possible that there is a creator god that has always existed, that created the universe.

It's also possible that the stuff that makes up the universe has always existed in some form, and it...

Photo

Exuberance!

Posted by Hugh , 08 August 2010 · 133 views

After I had digitally painted this I took a look at it and laughed... I liked the result!

It was what I was trying to convey...

Exuberance! :)

Posted Image

I'm loving being able to share my artwork online... recently I became...

Photo

Refocusing to Help

Posted by Hugh , 25 June 2010 · 69 views

Sometimes when feeling stressed,
It's helpful to refocus,
On helping...

Power fills oneself,
Stress evaporates.
One feels good.

Others feel good.
:)

Photo

Healing Energy

Posted by Hugh , 24 December 2009 · 69 views

If you need some healing energy sent to you, let me know and I'll do my best to help. :)

Here's the thread on the forum: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=171723

Photo

Cool Optical Illusion - Will Freak You Out :)

Posted by Hugh , 13 December 2009 · 428 views

Check out this optical illusion video...

(I promise it isn't one of those scary surprise ones.)

Pause the video and let it load fully if you have a slow connection, so that there isn't any stoppage of the video during the staring phase.

Put it on full screen mode by clicking on the little box in the bottom right hand corner of the video, just...

Photo

Positive Waves Outwards

Posted by Hugh , 25 November 2009 · 74 views

Positive waves outwards

Emanating from within

Light and love and peace and calm

Sent sailing to begin.

A helping hand a warm embrace

Kind words to comfort all

A loving smile all the while

"Can I help?" to great and small.
:)

Photo

Visual Reorientation Illusions Assisted By Mirrors

Posted by Hugh , 12 November 2009 · 89 views

I just came up with a new diagram that better illustrates how to use two mirrors to help achieve a 180 degree Visual Reorientation Illusion (VRI).

You put a hand held mirror up to a wall mirror and look at where they meet.

(Please be careful with the mirrors and don't drop or bang them together.)

Move the hand mirror so that you see half of your face...

Photo

Sudden Death

Posted by Hugh , 01 September 2009 · 108 views

Seems to be an occurrence I've heard about from several people lately...

they had found out that someone they knew had died from a sudden heart attack.

I've often wondered is it better to go quickly and suffer less but not be able to say your goodbyes...

or to go slower, but suffer more, but at least get a chance to say goodbye to everyone you...

Photo

Graphic Video About Texting While Driving

Posted by Hugh , 29 August 2009 · 80 views

I just watched this video, and it made me feel even more stronger against texting while driving.

A caution to younger viewers, it's graphic, but not real, but it could be, if you text while driving...

Take care while you're driving out there.

Photo

KaBOOOM!

Posted by Hugh , 29 August 2009 · 61 views

One of the funniest ways of ending a game in Impossible Creatures is to send a henchman over to your opponents lab and punch it until it blows up...

With the last punch you see a great explosion...

Photo

A n B

Posted by Hugh , 27 August 2009 · 85 views

Posted Image

A n B look different - they're the same.

The same square - in a different light.

Problems come up - but it's all a game.

The game's played -...

Photo

Possibilities

Posted by Hugh , 24 August 2009 · 56 views

It's possible that "all possibilities actually exist" somewhere in the totality of existence of the universe.

Think of every action physically possible by every particle/energy force actually existing in a kind of maze like structure (as seen from the outside).

Time would be the dimension "outwards" from the center of the...

Recent Comments

January 2015

S M T W T F S
25262728 29 3031