markdohle's Blog

Photo

Psychology Comes To Halt As Weary Researchers Say The Mind Cannot Possibly Study Itself

Posted by markdohle , 06 August 2014 · 301 views

NEW YORK—The field of psychology was brought to an immediate halt this week as disillusioned and weary practitioners of the discipline reportedly concluded that the mind could never possibly hope to study itself.

Abandoning more than a century of clinical research, theoretical developments, and observational studies, psychologists worldwide announced...

Photo

Atheists don’t own reason

Posted by markdohle , 03 August 2014 · 173 views

Atheists don’t own reason

by Tom Gilson
Foundation for Reason and Science. Sam Harris is founder and chair of Project Reason. The upcoming March 24 Reason Rally in Washington, D.C. is the new atheists’ latest and most visible attempt to send the...

Photo

Shawn Weed's NDE

Posted by markdohle , 17 July 2014 · 335 views

Shawn Weed's NDE

NDE's are not all sweetness and light.  I have studied them for years and think they have something important to tell us all.  This article is interesting, but to tell you the truth don't know what to make of it.  They happen, people experience different things, some experiences can make us uncomfortable.  Perhaps we tend to...

Photo

I Hated the Idea of Becoming Catholic

Posted by markdohle , 05 July 2014 · 214 views

I Hated the Idea of Becoming Catholic

It was the day after Ash Wednesday in 2012 when I called my mom from my dorm room at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and told her I thought I was going to become Catholic.

“You’re not going to become Catholic, you just know you’re not Southern Baptist,” she said.

“No, I...

Photo

Posted by markdohle , 03 July 2014 · 221 views

I don't know why we think the modern scientific world view about demons is true.  Our ancestors were not dumb, in fact they may have been  in touch with reality on a deeper level than we in the modern world are.   We now know of...

Photo

The Immaculate Heart of Mary

Posted by markdohle , 01 July 2014 · 195 views

(This is a piece written by Fr. James, a member of my community.http://www.amazon.co...NR27F85YV9QC15AT

he Immaculate Heart of Mary

Helma was very old.  I used to bring her communion on the first Friday of every...

Photo

Posted by markdohle , 17 June 2014 · 273 views

In 1999 when I just tuned 50 (in Dec of 98) I discovered the internet.  While learning how vast the internet was I was excited to find that they had discussion groups on Yahoo and joined some.  Since I am interested in comparative...

Photo

Posted by markdohle , 29 May 2014 · 316 views

I have no problem whatsoever with veneration and adoration of the Blessed Virgin. I have several Icons of her, actually. She is referred to as the Queen of Heaven often by Catholics. I would tend to agree. It is my opinion that...

Photo

Children and near-death experiences

Posted by markdohle , 03 May 2014 · 319 views

Charlottesville, VA: The movie "Heaven is for Real" is about the near-death experience Colton Burpo had when he was four.  No, he did not die, at least not technically, yet he came very close  -  close enough that he left this world and entered another  -  where he met Jesus, saw angels, and spoke with...

Photo

What a wonderful world

Posted by markdohle , 30 April 2014 · 384 views

Recent Comments

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    gluttonfree2
    15 Oct 2014 - 11:45
  • Photo