Photo

My view on Non-Earth intelligent life.

Posted by RedSquirrel , 23 January 2011 · 430 views

Alien UFO abduction faith science
I have seen a lot of movement in the forums, debating the existence of Extra-terrestrial life.
There is nebulous evidence for the case, and sadly, only a lack of the first party's evidence as evidence against.

I will go on record stating that I do not believe that Earth is being visited by intelligent lifeforms from outside.

I wish we were. It would wake up a lot of people to ideas, even if they gave us nothing technological.
I live in a world of imagination, seeing creativity as the most important human aspect. Yes, I do believe in a God, and I have just as much evidence as the UFOlogists have to support my claim... a lot of people telling stories that may or may not be true.

I realize that I may be looked upon as more foolish than the "ET believers" because I have a deity. It's cool. I think a person's belief, as long as it harms no one else, is healthy and should be encouraged, but questioned without being attacked.

UFOlogists aren't really hurting anyone, as long as we do not take their word as 100% truth, just as I refuse to let a religious person give me "facts" without me researching it.

But I digress, back to the "ET experience":

I truly believe that abductees' experiences are real...... to them. Very real to them. Be it hallucinations, delusion, garbled signals during duress or an actual "martian" probing them, it is real to them.

I personally think the ET contact is nothing more than a religion, a very loose one, with no agreed upon book, style etc.

Religion is a cultural system that creates powerful and long-lasting meaning, by establishing symbols that relate humanity to deeper truths and values.[1]  Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions  and sacred histories that are intended to give meaning to life. They tend to derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle from their ideas about the cosmos and human nature.  (Wikipedia: Religion

They have the whole of religion's experience, from the "angelic visitation" to the "demonic attack/possession" and everything in between.

In this, I must respect their views, as much as I would respect a "Mormon", "Catholic", "Satanist", "Wiccan", "Buddhist", "Shinto" or any other philosophy/faith.

I don't have to agree though, especially when they "witness" to me.

Yes, I believe in a God, but I do my best to not use said God as a weapon, or in many cases, a "gagging spoon" (Shoving down someone's throat).
It seems though, that Alien believers (For lack of a better term), are attacked even more than oh.... let's say Mainstream Christianity. While it may chaff my hide to hear my faith being attacked, there is one thing I will fight even harder... attacks on ANY faith.

If I were so inclined, I would state this:

"All faiths are equally silly when looked at by a skeptic." I can see the ridiculous nature of my beliefs.... yet they remain valid to me.
The FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster) is used as more of a mockery of a faith system, and has no place in a world of tolerance. I use this example as an attack to "Christianity" as one that could apply to Alien Believers....

At the end of the day, yes, your attacks may have served their purpose, to enlighten and help them "scientifically" look at their values, but often they only serve to add a HUGE divide between two siblings in the human family.

I guess what I am trying to say is this:

Alien believers: Keep on believing, who knows, you just might be right, but please.... don't go in blind.

Actually.... not just Alien Believers... all of humanity, all of the faiths.

Thank you for your time,
                            RS

God is bad, causes wars

RedSquirrel
Jan 23 2011 10:59 PM
Very interesting comment Erix.
Would you say God caused the war, or people's interpretation of God?
This is an excellent article and what you say is very true. I believe everyone should believe in something wether it be extra terrestials or gods. Belief keeps people together in difficult times and gives people reasons to live the best they can. I myself am a neo- pagan and keeping beleif in my god has brought me through some bad times in my past and keeps me sane.

RedSquirrel
Jan 24 2011 07:17 AM

Tyr the Glorious, on 23 January 2011 - 08:30 PM, said:

This is an excellent article and what you say is very true. I believe everyone should believe in something wether it be extra terrestials or gods. Belief keeps people together in difficult times and gives people reasons to live the best they can. I myself am a neo- pagan and keeping beleif in my god has brought me through some bad times in my past and keeps me sane.

Thank you, Glorious one! I am pleased to know that I actually made sense.

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    markdohle
    26 May 2014 - 19:12
  • Photo
    Mikko-kun
    21 May 2014 - 17:07
  • Photo