Photo

Boredom

Posted by Xanthurion2 , 11 April 2012 · 713 views

boredom boring bore boar
Boredom strikes in the stillness of the night. It strikes like a viper strikes at it's prey. It is sudden. You don't see it coming. It is just there. We do things to combat the boredom. We watch TV, read a book, listen to music. All feeble attempts at escaping boredom. What do you do when the show is over? When the book is finished? When the music ends? You are bored again. It is this cycle that drives me day to day. Life for me, is an everlasting highway of boredom. It leads nowhere. It simply stretches into the vast unknown. Maybe one day my boredom will cease and my life will truly begin.

StarMountainKid
Apr 11 2012 04:35 PM
Zen Buddhism or just Zen is about living alertly in the present moment. When we live in the past or in the future, this is not living in our true reality of now. This kind of living can create boredom for us.

When we just look at something, that may at first be boring. But, if we keep looking at it, after a while what we're looking at becomes interesting.

Like a child seeing the world around him for the first time. Everything is interesting if we really see things without our pre-conditioning.

Leaving ourselves behind and the experience of seeing everything for the first time.

The more we pay attention to ourselves, the more we loose ourselves.

Recent Comments

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    jules99
    02 Apr 2016 - 06:32
  • Photo
    seeder
    02 Apr 2016 - 02:52
  • Photo