Photo

The Affliction and The Hope

Posted by Xanthurion2 , 21 October 2012 · 608 views

affliction hope disease curse surgery
If you're wondering where I've been, here is your chance to find out. I have a disease that limits my mobility and basically my whole life. I believe I have mentioned it before but if not, I will tell you what it is. It is called a pilonidal cyst or abcess. It is a terrible affliction that I have been cursed with in my unfortunate life. Yes amid my many other problems and misfortune, the fates decided it wasn't enough. My first run in with this happened about three years ago and it was nothing compared to this time. It was bigger even though I didn't wait near as long to tell someone. Anyway, I have been nursing this illness and am now in post removal healing which is a long and painful and uncomfortable process. The doctor said we are going through with the surgery to completely remove it. I hope it works and I hope it isn't as bad as I think it is going to be. I have read some reports online of the surgeries not working but the doctor says it will work. I'm going to trust him even though I don't particularly like him. Anyway, maybe the recovery won't take as long and maybe nothing will go wrong. Maybe soon I can resume my life while I am still young.

As a result of this, I have put my story on hold for a while because I can't sit on a computer very long and I don't have a laptop. I could write in a notebook but I don't want to. I have been reading a lot though. I find it is the best way to take my mind off this hell I'm in. So by the time this is over, I will have a lot of good material and maybe a few ideas for my story. When I am able to sit down for a sufficient period of time, I will try to resume writing. Thank you for understanding and wish me luck. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery but with my luck and general unhealthiness, I don't know if it's in the cards. The only thing to do is hope.

StarMountainKid
Oct 21 2012 08:45 PM
I hope it all works out well for you. A positive attitude helps healing.. I think there is enough evidence for this. Glad you're still interested in writing because I'm anxious to read the next chapter. I liked the first one. I thought it was well written.

I'm sure everyone a UM wishes you a speedy recovery. Let us know how you're getting along.  I was wondering where you've been. Keep in touch.

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    White Crane Feather
    29 Sep 2014 - 19:21
  • Photo
    CuriousRey
    26 Sep 2014 - 22:27