Photo

My Own Worst Enemy

Posted by Xanthurion2 , 21 August 2013 · 599 views

me writing goals dream chocolate
Well now you all know just how inconsistent I can be. I said I would write a blog everyday that I wasn't writing something else and I didn't. I haven't written a damn thing since the last blog entry. I failed once again. I keep setting these stupid goals and actually expecting to reach them one day but I'll never get anywhere as long as I am wasting all my time. I don't even know what I do instead of writing. It seems like I wake up and maybe two hours later, I'm going back to sleep. It doesn't make any sense why I can't find thirty minutes out of a day to write or at least think about writing. Maybe one of these days, I can find the time. Because I really want this to work out. I want to be a writer. It seems like the perfect career for me and people seem to like my stories so I guess I have some talent for it. I would love to make it happen. The problem is myself. I am holding myself back from realizing my dream. And I have no idea how to defeat me.

spartan max2
Aug 21 2013 09:53 PM
We are all normally our own worst enemy.

I know how you feel, I tried to do a page a day during the summer. This isn't all to motivational but I gave up lol. Ill pick it up next summer.

Maybe you making a schedule is taking the fun out of it? you could just try to go with the flow maybe?

just my two cents

StarMountainKid
Aug 21 2013 10:44 PM
My reason for not writing a lot is I don't get a good idea very often, but that's just me.

Depression can have an adverse effect on motivation. Drifting around aimlessly is a sign that one considers nothing is important enough to become interested in. This is a symptom of depression. A sort of dullness of the senses that makes everything seem unimportant and uninteresting.

I've experienced this. I've tried happy pills, but they just made me artificially silly.

I think an answer is in who you consider yourself to be. Self-esteem. When I feel lackluster, I recall who I really am, this special person with my intelligence and my creative abilities. I'm not really some dullard who's lost and just mopes around the house, I'm someone special who can do things beyond the average.

I know this about myself because I have already done these things. This is proof of who I really am and what I can do. I just sometimes forget this about myself.

Be bold, have an ego, be assertive inside. I'm confident in myself, so watch out world! I'll show you, you b*******! Where's my pencil?
Are you setting your goals higher than you can reach at the moment? Setting the bar too high will make you feel like a failure, for sure. Try scaling back to a manageable goal, even if it's every other day, or even once a week.

Xanthurion2
Aug 26 2013 07:05 AM

brlesq1, on 25 August 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Are you setting your goals higher than you can reach at the moment? Setting the bar too high will make you feel like a failure, for sure. Try scaling back to a manageable goal, even if it's every other day, or even once a week.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

Recent Comments

4 user(s) viewing

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    jules99
    02 Apr 2016 - 06:32
  • Photo
    seeder
    02 Apr 2016 - 02:52