Photo

Updates, Bored Ramblings and Thanksgiving Clarification

Posted by Xanthurion2 , 03 December 2013 · 546 views

updates bored rambling thanksgiving vcr
I just wanted to let you all know, my stories are going nicely. "The creative juices are flowing" or whatever the idiom is. Is idiom even the right word? Oh, well. However, be that as it may, insofar as to the rest of the facets of my everyday life...nothing much is different. I have a VCR/DVD player now. That isn't a typo. Well, it's not actually mine, I'm just borrowing it. But it helps. Before, I was just using my laptop to watch DVDs. And I didn't watch (VHSs?)...tapes. Well, I say my laptop but it isn't actually mine per se. It's a long-ish story. I won't bore you. Let's just say, I didn't buy it but I use it far more than the one who did. Well, that's all I have for today. Short blog entry. And holy crap, I say "well" a lot. Oh well...

Also to clarify the whole "Thanksgiving...pointless holiday..." thing. While I appreciate the tradition and the family and friends reuniting thing, I find it unnecessary since this can happen on any day. And the feast part is no longer traditional since a lot of people don't eat the traditional Thanksgiving food anymore. And who knows what the pilgrims and Native Americans ate anyway? Was it written down somewhere? (If so, I had no idea and I didn't feel like googling it.) As for the "being thankful" part, everyone is obviously thankful for their "wonderful family" and their job and a roof over their heads (and whatever god they believe in). There is no need in telling everyone because they already know. Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not bashing or insulting anyone. I'm simply explaining the way I think about it. At the very least Thanksgiving should be moved a few months backward, maybe in August or June. Because a lot of us reunite with our families and feast again a month later at Christmas (which is a much better holiday).

By the way, I'm thankful for being alive and having what little I have to keep me from going insane or becoming depressed. And the few people in my family that care about me and the even fewer friends that do. Hopefully next year, I will be able to add my health, job and love to the list. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Why do I always get so damn depressing? Forgot about that part. I'll say something happy...umm...bunnies, cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, leaf blowers, hockey, rainbows, fire hydrants, Raxacoricofallapatorius! (Disregard the 'short blog entry' statement earlier as this is no longer a short blog entry.)

Happy Holidays! :santa:

StarMountainKid
Dec 05 2013 06:29 PM
Happy Holidays to you!

Recent Comments

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    jules99
    02 Apr 2016 - 06:32