Photo

Christmas (or whatever)

Posted by Xanthurion2 , 17 December 2013 · 482 views

christmas father
Well, Christmas is coming. And this one is going to be a bit different for me. I am going to see my father. We are not on very good terms. Why? you might be wondering. Because he is a self-righteous jack*** who likes to yell and curse and accuse everyone else of being the bad people. He has lied so many times, telling me he has changed and he is a good person now and he doesn't drink anymore. We talk for five minutes and he proves that he hasn't changed at all. But I'm going to give him one more chance because, what the hell, it's Christmas. Christmas is all about family. And he might give me some money...

I hope it doesn't turn out to be a huge mistake but I think it will. At the very least, it's going to be kind of awkward because the last thing I said to him was "I never want to see you again, happy bleepin' Father's Day!"

Maybe I will cancel. I like avoiding drama and awkward situations as much as possible. Maybe I will be sick or something. Or maybe he has actually changed this time and it will actually be kind of fun. :lol:

Anyway, merry Christmas everybody :santa:  or happy <insert holiday here> :tu:

StarMountainKid
Dec 21 2013 05:06 PM
Merry Christmas!

cedarcarver1
Dec 22 2013 07:16 PM
Lol!  Merry Christmas!
   As I sit here perusing the many blog entries (actually-just being nosy), I can't help but chuckle.  Not over your misfortune, but on how similar people are in our endeavors to be different from one another.  and just how alike we really are.
   I do wish you good luck in trying to bridge a gap that sounds like it's one-sided.
   Although I assume I am a bit older than you, I can sympathize with your plight.  Not to the extent you' re facing, I'd guess, but only from my own experience, and observing others as well.
   Relationships with fathers, and mothers as well, is a common problem.  Frustrations with how their lives have turned out, dreams unfulfilled, then foisting them upon their children, is a common theme.  Personal idiosyncrasies aside, progenitors are hard to deal with at times, especially in this day and age where some parents refuse to grow up and won't accept the consequences of their choices and actions.
   You have a right to be happy, and you sound like you know the consequences of your own actions.   Without knowing your particular circumstances, I'd say your father has some deep issues that he can't, won't, or doesn't know how to deal with, as well as making some bad choices.
   Confrontation is not a choice with you, obviously, but at the same time, please take heart that you are in charge of you.  When you're ready to tackle this problem, make sure you have the correct ammo and stick to your choices.  It's hard to argue with someone when they won't argue back.  Just smile at them and walk on.
   Of course, take the money and run, too!
   Just kidding!!!
   Anyway, you'll know the correct choice to take, and I wish you the best.
   I'm spending Christmas alone as well - something I've done for many years - but that's another story.  (Wife visiting her kids, my kids live out of state.)
   Merry Christmas, and hope the next year is better!

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tags

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    StarMountainKid
    Today, 12:57 AM
  • Photo
    dlonewolf85