Photo

Nine Eleven

Posted by coldethyl , 11 September 2007 · 130 views

It's today.

linked-image

Hugs. Stands beside you in remembrance...and in hope.
I remember being excited because it was 4 more days untill Our firts trip to Disney, then Bam..what a crazy few days they were. I was playng "guess where I am" with a friend of mine in the Navy, via email.  Then the attacks happened and I was pinged back from the goverment email warning, that was freaky.
I remember. Every year I remember. I was fortunate not to lose anyone close, but regardless. It stands for so much, and reminds me of my freedom here in a country that I'd not give up for anything or anyone. Rock N Roll, Hollywood, Baseball, Football, Disneyland, Slot Machines, Cartoons, Happy Hour, Fireworks, Levis, Ray Bans, Blue Brothers, Beach Boys... on n on an on.... America is proud, and I am proud to be an American. Despite how we look today in the worlds eyes.

I do remember.
I remember as well...my son was exactly 1 week old and I was at home taking care of him.  My mom called and told me to turn on the t.v and see what was happening.  I sat in front of the t.v., watching in disbelief.   crying.gif    I broke down in tears as I watched the first tower fall, then the second one.  My heart still aches for all the families who lost their loved ones on that fateful day.

Dying Seraph
Sep 11 2007 05:23 PM
Today 6 years ago was davastating. I remember walking to school. I stopped in the store to buy some Gatorade and the madness of 9/11 was on T.V. BUt I did not believe this was heppening. It did not set in until I got to school and it was on T.V. there as well. When the first tower fell was when reality set in. Seeing the horror of people jumping many stories high, seeing my fellow Americans running like a chicken without a head. I never realized how cowardly teerorists were until that moment 6 years ago today.   GOD BLESS AMERICA! and GOD SAVE THE WORLD!
I'll never forget that day... I remember how the sun slanted in the windows as I watched it unfold on TV... no reruns for me.. I saw most of it as it happened... I lost a couple of firefighter friends and there will always be a piece of me that died with them sad.gif
I was at work, watching it on t.v., in stunned disbelief, my wife was starting her first day of work at her new job, helluva way to remember when you started working someplace.

Knowing what I know about these terrorists, it's us or them, period, unfortunately that's just the way it's gotta be.
I will never forget and they will pay.

I'm proud to be an American, and I always will be!

distortedpandy
Sep 11 2007 11:06 PM
I also remember when this occurred. I was sitting in my half sister's kitchen, having coffee before going to work and she randomly turned on the tv..and there it was...and then, the second one. When I got to work, I was all twisted and wanted to gather all my people and hide somewhere safe, lol. Such a tragedy. I'll always remember.

...and of all the days to travel, AC picked today. mellow.gif
QUOTE(distortedpandy @ Sep 11 2007, 06:06 PM)
...and of all the days to travel, AC picked today. mellow.gif

I know.  I told him he was a bit touched for that.

happy.gif
Aw, c'mon, he'll be fine.

snuffypuffer
Sep 12 2007 06:44 PM
Still doesn't feel real to me. My friends and I just got together and watched the news, we kept thinking it was some kind of insane joke. I also remember trying to donate blood, or donate some clothes, or anything, and being told I had to be put on a waiting list if I wanted to do that. So even with all that horror on constant loop, it brought out the best in everyone. I might be a dirty, godless Liberal, but I still like to think that Americans are mostly good, even great people.

♥♥♥♥

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Recent Entries

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Comments

♥ Alice ♥

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image