Photo

Blue Velvet Cupcakes,and Dream Princess Cake

Posted by Simbi Laveau , 18 November 2012 · 860 views

So tonight I met my dear friend Lisa,for dinner. We haven't seen one another since before Sandy .
We went to a Vietnamese place on orchard st ,that got rave reviews,but was terrible. No idea who writes these reviews ,but its not anyone who's ever had really excellent Vietnamese food.

The wait staff were rude ,and obviously felt we weren't hip enough for their estabilishment .....Lisa is six feet tall in bare feet . Don't piss her off . Seriously .

I cannot be bothered to make a stink about things . They will get a review from me on yelp though . Won't be flattering .
In any case,after bad unsatisfying food,we wanted kick ass dessert . We went to Chinatown ,as I needed herb supplies as well . It was 8:30 .Everything was closed .
O_o

Sandy again . Everyone is on generators ,so they're closing early . No one is out shopping either . Who knew .
I got a couple of steamed pork buns,at our fave place on Elizabeth st ,and we thought where to go .

She didn't feel like Chcolate by the Bald Man . I didn't want bubble tea.

Rice to Riches . Yeah ! Awesome rice pudding on Spring street.
Driving around ,and around . No parking .
We were about to just bail ,and I turn up Prince st,and we see this place,we've never seen before...

The Little Cupcake Bakery

Found parking right out front .
Oh yeah .Kismet .

We go in .Look at the goods. Oh my god.
Needless to say ,theres a line for a table.

Two ,then three tables finiished . No one moves. Quite rude actually.
They see a line of people waiting,and they just keep talking and talking and talking.
25 minutes now.
Three people come in behind us ,and we are next up for a table.

They tried to cut us . Lisa said,weve been waiting almost a half hour . We are next ,and they tried to grab a table way at the back ......
They just walked in ....RUDE .

So,in true Lisa style ,she says ,errr,excuse me ...we just said,we are next for a table ...
The guy stupidly gave her lip ....oh no....

Well,she ripped him a new one,and he tried to be clever,and well,with Lisa,that never ends well for the other person.
He was sooooooo soooooooooo butt hurt,they left .LET'S GO SOMEWHERE ELSE ! butthurt butthurt

Oh well.....

IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT .
oh my GOD .
Peanut butter and jelly cake . Coconut and German chocolate and pumpkin spice .
Hummingbird and lemon and Brooklyn blackout cake.
All home made,and all butter ....

I got something called  Dream Princess cake. Which is almond cake,with raspberry filling ,and butter cream
icing .
We had to try the blue velvet cupcakes .
It's awesome !

I got a bunch of cupcakes to go . How could I not .

http://www.littlecupcakebakeshop.com/

That looks like a really cute place. I really want to go back to NY and this just makes the want stronger. lol
I used to work in a cupcake shop here and still have a lot of the recipes stuck in my head thankfully. My favourite was the banana caramel cupcakes with cream cheese icing drizzled with more caramel and chocolate ganache. oh god; I haven't had those in a long time...I should go bake.

Simbi Laveau
Nov 20 2012 05:02 AM

sarah_444, on 19 November 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

That looks like a really cute place. I really want to go back to NY and this just makes the want stronger. lol
I used to work in a cupcake shop here and still have a lot of the recipes stuck in my head thankfully. My favourite was the banana caramel cupcakes with cream cheese icing drizzled with more caramel and chocolate ganache. oh god; I haven't had those in a long time...I should go bake.
Oh my god...post the recipe on the recipe thread,or here. I bake a lot.
I would make them .
Ever hear of the Bleeding Heart Bakery in Chicago ? My dream is to go there one day,and eat my way thru the place .

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    RIP Freddy
    By mushymopman
    Dec 15 2013 08:39 PM
  • Photo
    RIP Brad
    By Simbi Laveau
    Nov 24 2013 10:30 PM
  • Photo
    RIP Brad