Hutton's Blog

Photo

Healthcare Reform

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 29 June 2012 · 699 views
obama care; health care; refo
Welcome back everyone. It has been a hectic month but it is finally over and I am back…with a great topic…

When I heard the results of health care reform I was shocked. I did not think this law had a...

Photo

The Scholarly Study of Religion

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 25 May 2012 · 1,193 views
religious studies
I know I explain it in my "about me" blog but some may not understand what the scholarly study of religion is. My main major is Religious Studies and many people jump to conclusions. The most common conclusion is that I am going to become a priest or a pastor or something along those lines. That is not...

Photo

Why I Can't Figure out Republicans

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 23 May 2012 · 775 views

So at my last guard weekend a buddy and I were screwing with the hardcore Republicans (I should note that I do not know the difference between Republican and Conservative, they both vote the same.)  because they give us great quotes. A couple months ago my buddy said that Democrats are more...

Photo

Gay Marriage Ban

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 09 May 2012 · 752 views

So North Carolina just pass a bill that banned gay marriage. What is dumber than the ban itself was their response. They said they aren't against gay people, they are just pro-marriage...

Really? Let me show you how stupid that sounds...

Let's pretend a law was passed making it illegal for women to get jobs and then saying we aren't against...

Photo

Negroes with Guns by Robert F. Williams

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 08 May 2012 · 1,324 views
civil rights, robert f. williams and 3 more...
This semester I had to read a book called Negroes with Guns by Robert F. Williams. I found the book very interesting and something that everyone should read to help understand our, not so distant, past. It is a short book and can be read in a day. I hope people take the time to read it. I was going to do...

Photo

You want an honest politician?

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 07 May 2012 · 467 views

So I have been harping on here in a few different places that one cannnot blame Obama for everything because he is not a dictator. I have implied that anyone that thinks Obama is the problem does not understand how our system works. I have also hear people begging for a president or politician that tells it how...

Photo

What makes you so great?

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 05 May 2012 · 1,059 views

Just a quick random thought...

What makes everyone think they are so great? What makes people think they are exceptional? What makes people think that their situation is special or unique? It seems like everyone "gets it" when it comes to...

Photo

A failure in Neo-liberalism

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 04 May 2012 · 1,046 views
neo-liberalism
So I was stimulated today in class and wanted to type a bit about a great failure in neo-liberalism.

So for those who are not familiar with neo-liberalism, I will give a VERY BASIC background. It is a philosophy...

Photo

Am I a Communist? and not a Communitarian....

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 03 May 2012 · 1,359 views
communist; communitarian
Am I a Communist? Some have suggested that I am a Communist, so I figured I would take some time to explain the difference between a Communist and a Communitarian.

I guess I will start by saying that Communism is a...

Photo

Another semester

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 25 April 2012 · 281 views

So with finals week starting I am already thinking about next semester. I am just excited about it and wanted to post my upcomming classes...

American Sign Language 1
ASL is important to me for personal reasons. My mom, sister, and most of my mom's side of the family is deaf or hard of hearing. It will help me be closer with my family and help me in...

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    Hasina
    11 Jan 2013 - 13:35
  • Photo
    Mr.United_Nations
    11 Jan 2013 - 13:03
  • Photo
    Rlyeh