Hutton's Blog

Photo

The Real Discussion Begins: A Liberal and a Libertarian discuss Free Market Economics Part 4

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , in Free Market Discussion 30 August 2012 · 639 views

ANTHONY:
"Since this is a discussion between friends and not a debate in debate class, I reserve the right to reverse my decision in the light of new knowledge. None of this “well you already...

Photo

A Liberal and a Libertarian discuss Free Market Economics Part 3

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , in Free Market Discussion 30 August 2012 · 540 views

ANTHONY:
For the record, I did say "most forms of taxation." Essentially this means that taxation is fine as long as it is acquired voluntarily. However, most governments do not allow us to opt out of taxation, and if we try we are imprisoned or killed. The justify this...

Photo

A Liberal and a Libertarian discuss Free Market Economics Part 2

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , in Free Market Discussion 30 August 2012 · 451 views

ANTHONY:
You have a flawed understanding of what aggression is. Aggression is the INITIATION of force/violence. The non-aggression principle states clearly that it permissible, in fact EXPECTED, to defend one's self and one's friends and family from aggression, and to punish...

Photo

A Liberal and a Libertarian discuss Free Market Economics

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , in Free Market Discussion 28 August 2012 · 711 views
free market, liberal, libertarian and 1 more...
I have been getting really into politics lately and I have also been trying to get ready for my class History of Capitalism. I keep finding that people with degrees in the area or that study in the area believe in Free Market Economics (FME) or Free Market Capitalism (FMC.) Even...

Photo

Will try to come back

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 21 August 2012 · 520 views

Hey everyone. I will try to get on here every once in a while. I have been real busy with work, a toddler, and a new born. I start school in a couple of weeks so I have been reading up for that. I will try and post longer stuff on here but right now I am posting on twitter (I gave into it.) If you are interested look me up at Kevin...

Photo

Healthcare Reform

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 29 June 2012 · 697 views
obama care; health care; refo
Welcome back everyone. It has been a hectic month but it is finally over and I am back…with a great topic…

When I heard the results of health care reform I was shocked. I did not think this law had a...

Photo

The Scholarly Study of Religion

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 25 May 2012 · 1,191 views
religious studies
I know I explain it in my "about me" blog but some may not understand what the scholarly study of religion is. My main major is Religious Studies and many people jump to conclusions. The most common conclusion is that I am going to become a priest or a pastor or something along those lines. That is not...

Photo

Why I Can't Figure out Republicans

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 23 May 2012 · 775 views

So at my last guard weekend a buddy and I were screwing with the hardcore Republicans (I should note that I do not know the difference between Republican and Conservative, they both vote the same.)  because they give us great quotes. A couple months ago my buddy said that Democrats are more...

Photo

Gay Marriage Ban

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 09 May 2012 · 751 views

So North Carolina just pass a bill that banned gay marriage. What is dumber than the ban itself was their response. They said they aren't against gay people, they are just pro-marriage...

Really? Let me show you how stupid that sounds...

Let's pretend a law was passed making it illegal for women to get jobs and then saying we aren't against...

Photo

Negroes with Guns by Robert F. Williams

Posted by CommunitarianKevin , 08 May 2012 · 1,319 views
civil rights, robert f. williams and 3 more...
This semester I had to read a book called Negroes with Guns by Robert F. Williams. I found the book very interesting and something that everyone should read to help understand our, not so distant, past. It is a short book and can be read in a day. I hope people take the time to read it. I was going to do...

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    Hasina
    11 Jan 2013 - 13:35
  • Photo
    Mr.United_Nations
    11 Jan 2013 - 13:03
  • Photo
    Rlyeh