Creating your own bit of happiness. Has anyone else ever thought of this? Sure you have. We all have. But I mean creating your own happiness out of simple everyday occurrences that can be given meaning and eventually a lot of fun and enjoyment can come from them. I may not be old enough to have huge bag of life experience but I have learned how to enjoying small things which is something you don't see a lot of anymore. I know I'm not the only one who does these things but I think they're worth mentioning:
- Day dreaming
- Take a lesson from your cat, or the neighbor's, and bask in a patch of sunlight
- Creating something no matter how small like an origami crane or a small drawing
- Fantasizing before sleep (I've come up with characters, story lines, and whole fictional worlds through this)
- Writing a short story
- Becoming an expert on something (meaning read! read! read!)
- People watching (I'm sure I've looked creepy doing this. Oh well.)
One thing I've recently started doing again that I haven't done since I was a kid was cloud watch and point out the fluffy ambiguous shapes. Cloud looks like a blob but it's with some imagination it's now an elephant balancing on a ball while eating ice cream.
In a world full of rushing, time constraints, financial constraints, stress, and lack of time, there needs to be something to be able to enjoy at a moment's notice when people do have a bit of free time. These things may seem trivial to some but I’ve learned to look forward to these small but interesting things everyday.