Photo

Creating happiness from small things

Posted by KNash , 12 April 2012 · 312 views

Posted Image

Creating your own bit of happiness. Has anyone else ever thought of this? Sure you have. We all have. But I mean creating your own happiness out of simple everyday occurrences that can be given meaning and eventually a lot of fun and enjoyment can come from them. I may not be old enough to have huge bag of life experience but I have learned how to enjoying small things which is something you don't see a lot of anymore. I know I'm not the only one who does these things but I think they're worth mentioning:

• Day dreaming
  • Take a lesson from your cat, or the neighbor's, and bask in a patch of sunlight
  • Creating something no matter how small like an origami crane or a small drawing
  • Fantasizing before sleep (I've come up with characters, story lines, and whole fictional worlds through this)
  • Writing a short story
  • Becoming an expert on something (meaning read! read! read!)
  • People watching (I'm sure I've looked creepy doing this. Oh well.)

One thing I've recently started doing again that I haven't done since I was a kid was cloud watch and point out the fluffy ambiguous shapes. Cloud looks like a blob but it's with some imagination it's now an elephant balancing on a ball while eating ice cream.

In a world full of rushing, time constraints, financial constraints, stress, and lack of time, there needs to be something to be able to enjoy at a moment's notice when people do have a bit of free time. These things may seem trivial to some but I’ve learned to look forward to these small but interesting things everyday.

Very true, there are so many things around to enjoy if more people would stop and take notice. I remembered a quote after reading this, had to look it up to see who said it, but it fits perfectly.
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” - Robert Brault

(Nice blog name by the way!)
Beautiful and so true. I began to live very happily when I realized happiness is a choice. If we spend all our time looking for "happiness" we miss all the little things along the way and it's the little things that matter.

I decided to live thankful, every little thing that comes to me I am thankful for.... This is a lesson I  took  from my dog.  :tu:  
He is adopted, he had an abusive family. When he came to live with us he was so humble and thankful for everything.... things my other dogs take for granted, things they don't even know are spoils. It touched my heart so deeply. Since then I decided I want to be that way, I want to take that with me the rest of my life. Also another thing that I love to do, every time I'm going to eat something I think about the process it took to get it to my hand. I think about the seed that hit the ground, the rain that watered it.... and on and on till it made it to my hand. It makes me appreciate it that much more, and of course I always say a prayer of Thanks for everything that reaches me.  ;)

BTW.... I agree with Sarah cool blog name.  :yes:

sarah_444, on 12 April 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

Very true, there are so many things around to enjoy if more people would stop and take notice. I remembered a quote after reading this, had to look it up to see who said it, but it fits perfectly.
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” - Robert Brault

(Nice blog name by the way!)

Ty for your comment and for sharing that lovely quote :). I think that it really sums up what the little things in life are all about.

It took me a few minutes to come up with the blog name and I ended up really liking it because it was short and catchy. Glad you liked it too :tu: .

Dharma D, on 12 April 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

Beautiful and so true. I began to live very happily when I realized happiness is a choice. If we spend all our time looking for "happiness" we miss all the little things along the way and it's the little things that matter.

I decided to live thankful, every little thing that comes to me I am thankful for.... This is a lesson I  took  from my dog.  :tu:  
He is adopted, he had an abusive family. When he came to live with us he was so humble and thankful for everything.... things my other dogs take for granted, things they don't even know are spoils. It touched my heart so deeply. Since then I decided I want to be that way, I want to take that with me the rest of my life. Also another thing that I love to do, every time I'm going to eat something I think about the process it took to get it to my hand. I think about the seed that hit the ground, the rain that watered it.... and on and on till it made it to my hand. It makes me appreciate it that much more, and of course I always say a prayer of Thanks for everything that reaches me.  ;)

BTW.... I agree with Sarah cool blog name.  :yes:

I think we can learn a lot of animals. They are always so happy and peaceful if just their basic needs are met. And I like the idea about thinking more in depth where things come from. What you said about food made me think of apples for some reason. Apples are really the ripened ovaries from an apple tree and somehow I find that strangely beautiful :).

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tags

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
      ComfortableWithCorpses
      27 Sep 2012 - 04:12
    • Photo
      Flibbertigibbet
      21 Apr 2012 - 12:26