Photo

The Dundas Island Blackfly: A Lesser-Known Cryptid

Posted by Supersquatch , in Cryptozoology/Cryptobotany 05 February 2013 · 1,619 views

insects
The Dundas Island Blackfly: A Lesser-Known Cryptid Dundas Island blackflies, more commonly known as flesh-eating blackflies, are predatory flies native to Dundas Island in British Columbia, Canada. They can grow to be five or six inches long, and are black in color, except on their faces and abdomens. They have highly potent venom, so potent that it is able to kill a cow. Dundas Island blackflies hunt for their food and are aggressive while searching for it. They hunt in large swarms, making them even more menacing. Dundas Island blackflies will also drink blood, as well as eat flesh. They will hunt and chase their prey for hours before giving up. These flies are so fierce, many natives refuse to visit the island because of them.

Simbi Laveau
Feb 06 2013 05:08 AM
So are they an elusive cryptid ,or real ?
Seems like something you wouldn't wanna get up-close with, even with protective gear. Small animals can be crafty, even if they wouldn't be a vicious sort, and small vicious animals swarming... perhaps you could study them if you baited them to lake and took some footage from underwater so they couldn't get to you, cheaper than building expensive protective gear against something like that. I usually love all animals, but wouldn't go near those without a rifle or something O.o

Supersquatch
Feb 06 2013 11:51 PM

Simbi Laveau, on 06 February 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

So are they an elusive cryptid ,or real ?

Well, it has been reported. But I can't say for sure if it's real or not, though.

Get Updates for New Posts

Click the "Follow this blog" button on the homepage to receive updates whenever a new post is written on Supersquatch.

Search My Blog

Short Stories

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    01 Jan 2014 - 17:17
  • Photo
    Q-C