Photo

The Jersey Devil

Posted by Supersquatch , in Cryptozoology/Cryptobotany 07 February 2013 · 1,375 views

paranormal cryptids jersey devil

Posted Image

The Jersey Devil is a cryptid purported to inhabit the Pine Barrens of New Jersey. It is alleged to be a bipedal, kangaroo-like cryptid with a head like a goat, wings like a bat, hooves like a horse, a forked tail, and small forelimbs with clawed hands. The Jersey Devil has accounts going all the way back to the native peoples that lived there hundreds of years ago. Swedish explorers named the Pine Barrens, where the creature is supposed to live, after a dragon. However, most people believe the Jersey Devil really got its start in 1735. A legend says that Mother Leeds had just given birth to her twelfth child and said that if she were to have another, it would be the devil. Then she gave birth to her thirteenth child. It was born normal, but soon transformed into the Jersey Devil. It flew out of the chimney, but not before killing the midwife. In 1740, a clergy allegedly exorcised the demon for one hundred years. But it wasn't seen again until 1890. The Jersey Devil has been reported dozens of times since 1890 and rewards have even been made for somebody to catch it.

White Crane Feather
Feb 08 2013 07:43 AM
hahahahahahhahaha go read. Tom brown jr's books ( its in one of them) and  you will see why im laughing.

Simbi Laveau
Feb 08 2013 03:15 PM
I had weird triangle shaped footprints in the snow around my garage last night .Never seen this before .

Get Updates for New Posts

Click the "Follow this blog" button on the homepage to receive updates whenever a new post is written on Supersquatch.

Search My Blog

Short Stories

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    01 Jan 2014 - 17:17
  • Photo
    Q-C