Photo

Wendigo, Part II

Posted by Supersquatch , in Other 20 May 2013 · 380 views

wendigo short story short stories

Posted Image

Taylor wrote a short story for school about a Native American cannibalistic demon called the Wendigo. After letting his friends read it, they are terrified. Taylor goes to a sleep over/birthday party with his three friends. One of the friends, Enrique, taunts Cody and Kaden about the Wendigo. He reads online that saying its name will summon it to possess you. So Enrique says its name. Taylor is afraid the next day when he hears scratching at his bedroom door. Part I here.

And I didn't see anything. I heard a barking noise, and I looked down and saw my bulldog Fat Chops.

Relieved, I let the dog into my room.

On Monday, I returned to school. My school is a charter school that has a dress code, and on that particular day, I received a detention for forgetting to wear my belt. The next day I had soccer practice, so I knew that I had to serve it that day.

The day went on normally, but at three o’clock, I had to go to Mrs. Foster’s room to serve my detention. I was the only one in the room with her. After a few minutes, she told me that she had to go somewhere really quick.

"Okay," I said.

About a minute later, I saw Enrique outside the door and he came in.

"What’s up?!" I said, glad that he was there.

He looked at me with the same pale face he had given me earlier, with his sunken-in eyes and neutral expression.

"Are you okay, dude?" I said.

No response.

"Hello?"

He got up and went into the corner of the room, and just sat there.

"Enrique," I said, growing more uneasy.

"Ennnnrrrriiiiiiiiiiiqqqquuuuuee…" I repeated.

"ENRIQUE! Dude, you are starting to scare me!"

All of a sudden, he put his face up at the ceiling and started to transform into a hideous, pale-skinned, jagged-toothed creature. Afraid, I started slowly moving backwards.

Posted Image

He was possessed by the Wendigo.

I broke the window in the classroom and ran out of there. Next to the school were some trees that I thought I could hide in. I ran probably a hundred feet to get into the trees. As soon as I got into the foliage, I hid behind a tree trunk that was wider than me. I was afraid to look back at the school. But slowly, I turned my head backwards. I was hesitant to, but I wanted to see if he was still following me. As soon as my eyes were facing towards the school, I was face-to-face with the demon.

I ran further into the trees. They were covering up the sun, so it got darker. The air was very humid, yet cool breezes came by. Eventually, I think I lost him. It felt like I had been running from the demon for hours. Sure enough, I looked at my watch and it was already seven o’clock. Even though I had lost my pursuer, I still bit my fingernails in terror. Finally, I got out of the forest.

The trees led me to a road, lit with one street light. The road only had a few houses on it. I started walking down the road, looking down. When I raised my head, I saw, under the street light, my bulldog Fat Chops.

I ran to her and started petting her. "Who’s a good girl? You are, yes you are!" I said in a baby voice. "What are you doing down here, Fat Chops? Huh, what are you doing?"

She started whimpering. I looked behind me, thinking that maybe she was whimpering because of something out of my field of vision. I was hesitant to look back, but I slowly turned my head and saw… nothing.

"Oh, It's okay, girl," I reassured her.

I started walking down the road, as Fat Chops followed, and as I started getting further away from the street light, it got darker and darker. Eventually, I saw another street light. Still, I kept on walking and saw another light further down. Finally, I passed five of these posts and, underneath the light, looked at the time on my watch. It was nine o’clock. I had been on that road for two hours.

I started running, in a hurry, and looked behind me. Fat Chops was nowhere to be seen. So, I started running back, looking for my dog. "Fat Chops!" I would call out. "Fat Chops!"

As I went under another street light, I looked at my watch. It was twelve o’clock. That seemingly short period of time was three hours. I went up to the light pole and saw a missing poster… for me. Past the street lights, I looked at the house in front of it. It looked exactly like the houses I saw before. Dazed, I started running as fast as I could. I got to the next street light, checked the time and saw it was one in the morning, even though it felt like five seconds had passed. I ran further, and eventually the street lights came closer and closer together. I looked down at my watch. Each minute passed in a fraction of a second. Finally, my clock read "3:00 AM" and stopped.

It was the devil’s hour.

Suddenly, I tripped on something and fell in the street. As I regained my footing, I looked down the street and saw a pair of very tall legs. As I looked up, I saw them connect to a skeleton-like body with long arms and slender fingers. And on top of that body, the skull-like head of a deer. "Come here," it said in a raspy, devilish voice.

I fell back to the pavement, closed my eyes, and just hoped I would make it out alive.

As soon as I opened them, it was morning and I walked back to my house. And my mom sure was happy to see me.

"Taylor, we missed you so much! Where have you been?" she said, as I walked in. It was hard to tell her the story about what happened, so I didn't. "Do you know where Enrique is? He’s been missing, too," she told me.

I simply nodded sideways.

They never did find Enrique. Nobody knows what happened to him. But I do.

The Wendigo hasn't quit, either. At night, I constantly hear a whispering in my ear. My window gets knocked on. I have nightmares about it. But before it can possess me in my dreams, I always wake up. I always fight for my body. Well, I’m not going to fight for it tonight. I’m done dealing with the Wendigo.

QuiteContrary
May 21 2013 11:53 AM
Did you draw the Wendigo at the top? I love the artwork.

Supersquatch
Jun 16 2013 06:48 PM

QuiteContrary, on 21 May 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Did you draw the Wendigo at the top? I love the artwork.

No, I got them from off the Internet. Sorry for the late reply.

Get Updates for New Posts

Click the "Follow this blog" button on the homepage to receive updates whenever a new post is written on Supersquatch.

Search My Blog

Short Stories

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    adderiexola
    01 Jan 2014 - 17:17
  • Photo