Photo

Bad Dream

Posted by White Crane Feather , 26 August 2013 · 337 views

nightmares

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 24 August 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

It's funny how as we get older and what scares us changes when we have nightmares. As a kid I might have dreamed of monsters and such. But I'm up early because I have just had a nightmare about loosing my kids down a spillway in a boat. It was gut wrenching, I'm still not over it.

It's a reoccurring theme to have nightmares about  something I wasn't paying attention to harms my children. In this dream my oldest is trying to tell me something as he drifts on the raft with his brother. But he is to far away. I think he is just being a woos and won't put his feet in the water to paddle. Finally I realize that the swift water going into the pool that they are in is not going in, it was an optical illusion, it's actually going out!!!!! And they are being pulled in!!!  I frantically try to reach them. Towards the lip of the spillway I can see the younger one trying to save himself while my older one is still looking to me. The gut wrenching feeling wakes me up. It really is an unbearable dream.

It's times like this that I wish I did not have the dream recall that I do. Sometimes I would rather let the subconscious just do its job and work through these things and fears and leave me out of it.  It was is not the first dream with this theme that I have had. I feel traumatized by it.

Edit. Actually come to think of it, both of my older brothers died, and it greatly affected my father. One of them died on a dam next to a spillway... Only on a motorcycle.

I suppose these are deeply buried issues that I will be dealing with for the rest of my life. So be it. Part if being human I suppose. Got to take the good with bad. Now I'm smelling smoke hmmmm got to get up and check the house, but California is swamped with wild fires at the moment it's probably coming from outside.

Source: Visions, Insight, Pre&Post Cognition, Feeling

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    RPM
    02 Oct 2014 - 16:46
  • Photo
    FLOMBIE