Photo

Kitten

Posted by Mnemonix , 07 December 2012 · 543 views

pets animals cat
Hello, friends. This is a kitten that has been around my parents' house.

Posted Image

It's a female.

I may be taking her to a vet for a checkup. I'm keeping her in a rabbit hutch.

Do you have any advice you can offer? It would be much appreciated.

As you can see, she's sleeping in her litter tray, is that alright?

Thank you, all!

I can't find the mother.

There is a female cat that looks like her, but it growls at her and doesn't seem to show interest in the kitten.

Thoughts?

with bells on
Dec 07 2012 09:06 AM
your family must be some cat rescue centre.. what angels!!!.. she is cute.. i think all cats are cute though.. i am a softy.. she has that oriental nose and big ears like my devon rex.. can you find a home for her?? or can you keep her??

whats her name??
She doesn't have a name yet. She was at the same place for a day and a half, quite skinny.

If I can't find a home for her, I might have to keep her.

A spay will be in order when she's older.

And in the meantime, I'm waiting for Snow to recover.

I hope that I can get her into better shape in time.

with bells on
Dec 07 2012 09:47 AM
me too.. im sure you will.. cats like other cat company anyway, so they might be firm friends as they are both still kittens.. name her immediatley.. she needs a name.. she looks like a "Diva" to me..

Valdemar the Great
Dec 07 2012 09:49 AM
You clearly have a way with cats, being able to get them to pose for you. Usually, whenever you point a Camera at them, they'll suddenly decide to turn round and stick a leg in the air.

Simbi Laveau
Dec 07 2012 10:22 AM
KAWAII !!!

with bells on
Dec 07 2012 10:35 AM
Kawaii is a brilliant name!
Thanks, everyone. Here is where she was found.

Posted Image

A vet visit can be arranged.

She used the litter box earlier but messes up the towels I put in for her.

I also have a guide book on pet cats lying around here which would be helpful.

The white kitten hisses at her at every opportunity for some reason.

with bells on
Dec 07 2012 11:12 AM
All cats do the hissing game at first. Give them time. Are you sure no one owns her?? All cats in Oz have to microchipped. Do they do that in Malaysia much?
I don't think so, but I know microchipping is done for some pets.

I'm pretty sure she's a stray, but I'll see if the vet can check.

When she was found, she was timid and ran away. It took me some time to be able to get close to her, so it's unlikely she has an owner.

with bells on
Dec 07 2012 11:36 AM
She is lucky she found you. You have such a good heart.
Thanks, I just felt like doing something because she was alone, hungry and skinny.
Of course she is female, being a tortoiseshell (the colouring)- the colouring is a genetic mutation that only appears in females.

I have a tortoiseshell, they are feisty and great hunters, they are also more demanding and affectionate than average, totally devoted and above average intelligence imo.  She will soon be enjoying her litter box and grateful for it, mine is quite prim and proper about how she manages her "business", keep the kitty litter clean.  You will find though, that as she grows she will prefer her "privacy" and happily wait for as long as it takes to get outside and find a secret spot of her own, mine is absolutely fastidious and clean as a whistle constantly preening.

My advice is give her lots of pats and play time, they are very active and will love a good play time right through to their senior years.
Need to add, give her lots of toys.  You can make them yourself, grab an approx a4 size piece of aluminum foil and scrunch it into a ball, she'll chase it about happily.  Also, tie a feather to the end of a stick and tease her with it, they love that too, or an old sock on a stick will do too and of course the old faithful ball of wool works great too.

RockabyeBillie
Dec 07 2012 02:00 PM
Looks like she possibly has ear mites. That definitely needs to be treated. And she could use a flea bath. I think a vet check up would be the best thing for her right now. Then she can focus on getting healthy and gaining weight.
Thank you for the advice, everyone.
She isn't really playing, which I find odd. I know kittens love playing with things.
Once she feels safe, she'll play

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    Janethekiller
    17 May 2013 - 23:35
  • Photo
    Mikko-kun