Photo

Dream Journal Chapter 5: Road Trip

Posted by _Only , 28 October 2012 · 316 views

Morning dream I was driving down some road on some long trip. I had stopped on the side of the road to take a photo of something. I walked into
some trees to get a view of the shot, which was a road winding in an S shape that seemed to go up. It looked very nice. As I was getting ready
to take it, some car stopped behind mine. A man got out and asked me if I minded if he grabbed a hubcap that was behind me on the side of the
road. I found it odd that he was asking me, but he was nice, so I said go for it. He asked if I was sure and I said yes, it wasn't even mine so
I don't care. He thanked me and took it, driving off. I went back to taking the photo, and was having trouble taking the photo, as while I was
still seeing the S road in my viewfinder, now I was in some room and my family (dad, grandma, etc) was in it with me, all talking about how
great my photos are. I was having trouble concentrating and got uncomfortable and a bit angry. I decided to stop trying to take it, as I kept
trying to get the shot but none of them looked right. I turned to leave and they were asking me why I was stopping. I said something like "I'm
really not even that good at taking pictures", not wanting to say that they were breaking my concentration and making me self-conscious. They
seemed confused and a bit let down.

For some reason after I was seeing a photo I took of 2 people swimming in the ocean in scuba gear, with 2 dogs on leash also swimming with them.
I thought it was so crazy, funny, and cool to see the dogs swimming freely with the divers. They looked happy.

Later I was back on my road trip, but [my friend] was in car now, too. We had stopped at some parking lot on side of road along way. We
were smoking [herbs sometimes used medicinally], and I was scared people would see, as some were around us in the area. I tried to hide it while I smoked it, but I think
some people saw. After a few hits I felt affected and weird, and was reaching for a cigarette from my pack, as we got ready to drive off
again.

The part of the dream of me being self-conscious of my photos because my family liked them was pretty characteristic of me, and I had showed some to them, and they liked them. But I am not so blatantly and powerfully affected negatively by that like I was in the dream. Well, at least I don't think I am. Well, didn't. Well.

The part with the man and the hubcap I'm not sure about. I do know I had recently seen a shiny hubcap on the side of the road. But now that I think about it, I think that was this morning, after I had this dream. Nevertheless, I'm not sure what the real deal behind that part was. It just makes me laugh at the randomness of the guy's question,  and his need to ask me.

The rest I'm not sure about.

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tags

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
      Quarky
      19 Apr 2014 - 15:58
    • Photo
      Mark56