Nathan DiYorio's Blog

Photo

2-Bit Comics #1: Canteen Kate

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Comic Books, Books 01 June 2013 · 434 views
comics, books

Posted Image

I received in the mail today the proof for the book I'd been...

Photo

Fire Lily: Chapter One

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Fiction 31 May 2013 · 172 views
fiction
18 Nesting Street sat on the far end of Tender Meadows' new cul-de-sac. It was white and tall and exactly like every other house on the street, with the same painted mailbox, the same dark shutters, and the same black shingles. The panels on its sides were perfectly white, like a brand new coloring book.

The boy, some would call him a young man, seemed...

Photo

Just a Bit About Fire Lily

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , 31 May 2013 · 137 views

I mentioned last week that I wanted to type up what I had written so far of "Fire Lily" before continuing it with the rest of my serial fiction, but it's something I keep putting off. So I've decided to do it in pieces, breaking chapters where I feel they...

Photo

Brrda the Savage: Chapter Three

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Fiction 29 May 2013 · 317 views
fiction
Concrete spider webbed beneath his fist. A trail of wavering heat showed the demon's swerving route of escape. It screamed something loud and high pitched. Brrda's eyes flicked to the side, watching the beast carefully. Before his feet hit the ground there was a chunk of broken roof in his hand. There was a crumbling sound as his toes finally...

Photo

Film Review: Iron Man 3 (2013)

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Reviews, Movies 28 May 2013 · 377 views
movies, films, reviews

Posted Image

Wow... okay. I just don't really know how to articulate my feelings about this movie, and the fact that I am so completely...

Photo

Film Review: Predators (2010)

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Reviews, Movies 27 May 2013 · 397 views
films, movies, reviews

Posted Image

As promised, I conclude the stand alone trio of Predator films with 2010's entry: Predators. Easily better than...

Photo

Literature Review: Animal Ark: Husky with a Heart

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Reviews, Books 27 May 2013 · 480 views
books, animals, literature

Posted Image

Husky with a Heart is a book related to Ben M. Baglio's Animal Ark...

Photo

What Should I Post?

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , 25 May 2013 · 251 views

Some of you might have noticed that I've stopped posting my reviews and video game editorials here, but have continued posting them over on my main blog. I was wondering, though, if there is anybody who would like me to resume mirroring all of my blogs here, or just my fiction and a few other choice pieces?

Photo

Curse of the Undead King: Chapter Four

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Fiction 25 May 2013 · 212 views
fiction
Cracked pavement scraped under Mrrda's talon-like toes. The sound was something like chalk, as though the king were drawing a path from the Secret Lands into the modern world. Rattling in his ribs was the saber, whose lust had still been unfulfilled. That would not last long, though. The powdered remains of his shoulder were pulsing more wildly than...

Photo

Are Ghosts Made of Electricity?

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , 25 May 2013 · 192 views

Before I get into this I'd just like to say that it's all just fun stuff to think about, and I can't say that I'll actually take this approach to spiritual beings in my fiction.

Are ghosts real? To some that answer is obvious, while others shuffle their feet and admit that they don't know. All responses are fine. I am personally a...

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    Brian Topp
    10 Mar 2014 - 02:32
  • Photo
    QuiteContrary
    31 Jul 2013 - 02:48
  • Photo
    Gummug