Nathan DiYorio's Blog

Photo

By Today's Standards

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Video Games 15 March 2013 · 737 views
video games, rants, media
As the next part in my Everything I Own Challenge I decided to pick up the first The Legend of Zelda game, since the Super Mario Land games put me in a classic mood and I haven't ever gotten beyond the first few screens of this game. Let me just say,...

Photo

The Walk Home

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Fiction 11 March 2013 · 585 views
fiction, short stories
My fingers became painfully raw red stubs the instant I stepped outside. An icy bolt shot through me, clapping my teeth together, rocking me back on my heels. The zippers on my jacket pleaded sickly as my arms jostled up and down. That last bit of root beer stuck to my tongue, glued down by the chill air. It was such a shock compared to the toasty heat of...

Photo

Trial of the Undead King

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Fiction 09 March 2013 · 958 views
fiction, short stories, skeletons and 2 more...
Dangling from the highest point of the tallest tree in all of the Secret Lands was a small sack hastily fashioned from the loincloth of Brrda, the Savage. Within that pouch sulks the skull of the Undead King, Mrrda. The cursed being, apart from his body, is pathetic and hopeless. It cannot move, nor call for its limbs, nor do much of anything but scream...

Photo

Video Game Review: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Video Games, Reviews 09 March 2013 · 697 views
video games, reviews

Posted Image

Super Mario Land 2 is the equally-odd follow-up to 1989's Super Mario Land, a game which I...

Photo

Father of the Fog

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Fiction 06 March 2013 · 436 views
fiction
In the skies of the ancient past lived the first family of clouds to have ever floated above the Earth. Born with the beginning of time, these clouds watched and watered the growing creatures beneath them. One day they noticed a new creature on the rocks below, a type of creature that wore the skins of other animals and stood tall on two...

Photo

Exercise Your Mind

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , 05 March 2013 · 375 views

I'm sorry, more to myself than to my readers, that I go through these ridiculous phases. It's the most tiring on-again/off-again relationship I've ever had! My fickle mind. I can have a wonderful creative stretch going, but just a small interruption and it's right back to the intellectual and creative gutter for two or three months....

Photo

Welcome to the Mushroom Empire!

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Video Games 05 March 2013 · 465 views
video games
Playing Super Mario Land got me thinking about something which has bugged me for quite some time, and I think I've finally found an answer (though it's one I've suspected for quite a while.) Before I really get into this, though, I have to give a warning that this is just the thoughts of a nerd who over-analyzes things which the creators...

Photo

Just An Explanation

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , 05 March 2013 · 242 views

I'm sure you've noticed that I've ported DeviantArt Journals into my Post Archive along with the other retired or repurposed blogs 2-Bit and...

Photo

Video Game Review: Super Mario Land

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Video Games, Reviews 05 March 2013 · 435 views
video games, reviews

Posted Image

Super Mario Land is a bizarre little beastie which has followed me through my childhood. It's a different...

Photo

Copyright Catastrophe: Diddy Kong Racing

Posted by Nathan DiYorio , in Video Games 04 March 2013 · 1,327 views
video games
I'm sure you've all noticed that I've been on a bit of a Diddy Kong Racing kick this week, and I'm sure you're all sick of it. Well too bad, Cynthia...

Recent Comments

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    Kriven
    18 Mar 2015 - 20:12
  • Photo
    Brian Topp
    10 Mar 2014 - 02:32
  • Photo
    Q-C