Photo

Chapter Two: The Loss of a Friend

Posted by Emeraldgemheart , 24 October 2013 · 781 views

chapter two book
Chapter Two: The Loss of a Friend

We quickly travled back through the forest on our way home, while the sky grew ever darker. We had been walking for about an hour and a half when I relized we were lost. The sky was now blackish purple with tiny stars glittering in it like silver fish scales. I turned to Rose and said "Ok, now we're lost."

To this she replied, "I think I already know that." We started walking back toward the way we came, in the direction of the cottage. "If we get back there." I thought "At least it will give us a landmark to find our way back." But along the way, I started getting more and more freaked out. Every shadow looked like some kind of monster. The branches creaked eerily in the wind. I jumped at every tiny sound I heard, even if it was the sound of me stepping on a twig.

"Quit being a baby." Rose said mockingly. "For the love of all things good in this world, will you just be quiet?!" I think I said this a little louder then I should have. After I yelled, everything went silent. The crickets stopped chirping and even the trees stopped creaking. All I could hear was the sound of me and Rose's breathing. And... footsteps. "No, I must be hearing things." I thought. "Rose... Do you hear that?" I asked, my breath catching in my throat. "Y-yeah, but what is it?" She replied, her voice quaking.

The footsteps got closer and closer. Then, they stopped. "Must have been a deer or something." Rose sighed out, relief apparent in her voice. "Yeah, just a deer." I added, nervously laughing. Then we heard something that was most definitely NOT a deer. Something, or someone, was humming a song. Not like any song I've ever heard though.

I froze when I heard it. It was low, with frequent higher notes running through it rhythmically. It sent shivers down my spine to know that something else was out there. It sounded so close, like whatever was humming was right behind me. Apparently, it was, for Roses face drained of all color. "Lily..." Rose's voice trailed off, a completely terrified look on her face, "Don't turn around, and whatever you do.. DON'T look."

You know when someone is stupid enough to do something right after someone tells them not too? Yeah, I was one of those people. As I turned, the humming stopped, only to be replaced by silence once more. When I had fulling turned around, I saw something that made my heart stop, and my bones become ice.

It was a tall, thin man standing behind a tree about ten feet away. He wore the blackest suit I ever saw. He had long, skinny arms, and hands that ended in sharp fingernails. But what scared me the most was... he had no face. All that was there, was just pale skin, completely expressionless. The skin was slightly sunken in where the eyes should be. And his skin was a very light grey at the high cheekbones. And it had.. tenticles.. Dripping something that looked like black tar

I couldn't believe it, this thing standing in front of us.. it was that thing from the messed up myth. It was the Slenderman. The one in the game looked like a fluffy bunny compared to this. His face... I was truly and utterly scared. I couldn't move.. couldn't breath... All I could do was stand there, like I was under some spell.

This monster started walking toward us, and that's when I found out I could move again. Me and Rose turned and ran as fast as we could. I turned to see how far ahead of it we were, but it was right behind us. That's when my worst fear come true. Rose tripped on a fallen branch, half covered in the dead leaves. That's when it had her. It picked her up in it's tentacles. I tried to help, but all that I did was get thrown from Rose, into a tree.

I guess this thing thought I was unconscious because it ignored me from then on and.. started ripping Rose apart. I got up, and ran. I ran for my life. I got back to the house, and locked all the doors, and closed all the windows. I ran up to the attic and hid behind some old boxes. As I sat there, in the dust and dead bugs, I heard something.. "Oh my god..." I whispered. I heard it again. The humming. I started crying, as I got up and looked out the window.

Sure enough, he was there. Just standing, watching. I hid in the corner, trying to think about what to do. "Umm..uhh... Nine-one-one! Right!" I started going down to the kitchen, where the closest phone was, but then, I heard a bump and a rattle in the living room, only a few feet away. "Wait... The window!" I thought to myself. I had forgot to lock just one window... And now, this monster was in my house.

I got to the phone, just by creeping slowly through my house. I took the long way round to the kitchen, avoiding the living room. I got to the phone, and dialed 911 as fast as I could. "Nine-one-one, what is your emergency?" The cheery voice asked. "There's something in my house.. It killed my roommate.." I squeaked out. "Ok miss... What did it look like?" I could hear the doubt in the ladies voice. "It's tall.. and I know it's a guy... But it's NOT human.." I had tears streaming down my face at this point. "Ok, miss tell me what his face looked like." The voice was more believeing at this point. "Umm.. It's face?" I stopped, and thought for a moment. I didn't want to sound crazier than I already did, so I just said "I don't know, I didn't see it." The lady then said "Ok, stay calm, I'm sending police to your location" I calmed down a bit, and I hid in the utility closet next to the fridge. I didn't know quite what was happening, but I knew I had lost a friend.

(I know, it's a book about "The Slenderman" and yes, I know I'm gonna get some hate comments. I just thought he would be a good monster for my book)

StarMountainKid
Oct 24 2013 05:47 PM
Very good. Much better form, so much easier to read. I think it's a good monster for your story! Keep up the good work!

Emeraldgemheart
Oct 24 2013 06:40 PM
Yay~

Thanks.
This is getting better Emmy.  Keep it up!

Emeraldgemheart
Oct 24 2013 06:53 PM
Thanks OS!
Waiting for more!

I wouldn't worry about it being "Slenderman". A good writer can make anything original, scary, suspenseful, intense. Make it their own, you know.

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    davros of skaro
    26 Dec 2013 - 22:02
  • Photo
    Q-C
    19 Nov 2013 - 06:14