Photo

Going through security at th airport

Posted by markdohle , 28 October 2012 · 338 views

Going through security at th airport

I was going through baggage security at the airport about five years ago. We all know how stress free that is. So I took off my shoes my belt, got my personal computer open, suitcase on the belt and went through. As I was waiting for my bag, I kept hearing someone screaming at me "Sir!!!!!!!" "Sir!!!!!".....after about five times I looked up and she was glaring at me. She told me that I had a...
aerosol in my bag....is it shaving cream she asked.

I looked down at my beard and then back up at her and said "Do I look like I shave?".

Bad move, she lowered her head and glared at me, I could almost see her horns growing....so I gave my best smile, put up my hands stepped back and said: "Hey sorry, only joking". Which of course I wasn’t…. I forgot that aerosol cans are now considered a deadly weapon on planes. So I got through, got to work on my sarcasm....could get me in trouble.

I would have laughed... I suppose those security ppl are meant to be serious at all times though, and have probably heard it all.  I looked a real ditz just recently at the airport as I had a blank moment and seriously could not remember if I did indeed have aerosols in my hand luggage.  So I stood there with all eyes upon me, as I ummmed about it.  Eventually I remembered and said "no"... you can see why those queues get really long at times though...
LOL yes I do, and I do understand the pressure they are under.

peace
mark
"no ma'am, that's my anthrax-in-a-can"
You are going to get into trouble one day LOL.

peace
Mark