talking to myself

Photo

Over the edge

Posted by markdohle , 10 July 2011 · 83 views

Over the edge

I often think about my childhood, and my memories go way back. I even have some recollections of being an infant, very mundane of course. One of my first is me trying to push a baby bottle filled with apple juice away out of my mouth, and my mother pushing it back in; I was stubborn from the beginning I think. It was one of...

Photo

Inner divide

Posted by markdohle , 09 July 2011 · 37 views

Inner divide

I have never been able to really sit down and read poetry. Well, unless it has some kind of story to it. In High School I discovered “The Divine Comedy”, which is quite a story and was enthralled with it from the beginning when Dante started his journey through the forest. I found hell and purgatory much more interesting than...

Photo

Field and seed and life review...Oh MY!

Posted by markdohle , 06 July 2011 · 30 views

Field and seed and life review....Oh My!

We are all farmers, as well as the field that receives without exception all the seeds that are planted; though when young we were fertile fields only, open and ready to take the planting needed to form us as human beings. Tares and wheat are planted, starting from our earliest memories, or...

Photo

The most important project

Posted by markdohle , 02 July 2011 · 47 views

The most important project

Those who speak the truth, who unmask and show their listeners what is underneath, are often hated, reviled, hounded and killed. Martin Luther King for an instance is still hated by many because he stripped away the mask of segregation and demanded that dignity be restored to his people…. in order to do this he...

Photo

The Sacred Heart 2011

Posted by markdohle , 01 July 2011 · 76 views

The Sacred Heart 2011

Today for Catholics is the feast day of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It is a time set aside to celebrate the full, complete and perfect humanity of what Christians believe to be the Incarnation of God on earth. The Word, the Eternal, the Infinite, shown in a way that the human mind can fathom at least in part. It is...

Photo

Dementia's dance

Posted by markdohle , 27 June 2011 · 61 views

Dementia’s dance
(The center still there)

Things move slow in the mind that is confused,
life seen as if in a fog,
yet the dark mist unperceived,
clear sight a painful illusion,
uncomprehending of how others treat them
or in the simple doing of what must be done,
for them their confusion is the only reality.

Each moment or situation has a life...

Photo

Fear of mystery

Posted by markdohle , 26 June 2011 · 59 views

Fear of mystery

Rebellion goes nowhere, like a dog chasing his tail. Tradition is good, has deep roots, but must be opened to the future, if not then it is useless, a thing of the past.

I think that we spend so much time trying to figure things out, that we forget, or perhaps fear, that reality is much more open ended than we suppose or...

Photo

Towards trust

Posted by markdohle , 23 June 2011 · 35 views

Towards trust

Juan (not his real name), has been a friend of mine for almost 20 years now. He was born in Cuba, but came over as a very young boy in 1960 and his family settled in Miami. He is a very intelligent man who has a master’s degree in psychology and for awhile he worked at rehabilitation clinics, which dealt with both drugs and...

Photo

Statements

Posted by markdohle , 21 June 2011 · 100 views

Statements

Generalization usually are the death of any kind of communication, for in order to speak in that fashion, the opposing group has to be reduced to a stereotype, which in fact, probably does not fit any real person, no matter how strongly ones opponent may seem to fit into it. I remember one day, as I was driving into Atlanta with...

Photo

NDE’s, shamanism, and private revelation in the Catholic tradition

Posted by markdohle , 18 June 2011 · 72 views

NDE’s, shamanism, and private revelation in the Catholic tradition

All through out history, our species has experienced breakthroughs from what we call the spiritual world. Shamanism is a prime example of this, and all around the world, from time immemorial, this type of spirituality (or relationship), with a wider world beyond the...

Photo

The question

Posted by markdohle , 15 June 2011 · 71 views

The question

I wonder what it would be like for someone who is a friend came up to me and asked this question: “Who do others say I am?” I think at first I may be stumped, or embarrassed, or even afraid to answer. It puts the whole relationship on a more conscious level, in which all that is taken for granted, has to be looked at and...

Photo

In the doing

Posted by markdohle , 11 June 2011 · 63 views
(also I ramble as usual)
In the doing
(also I ramble as usual)

A friend of mine was talking to me about how he wants to grow in patience. Then as he was talking, his cell phone rang and he answered it exasperated and snapped at whoever was on the other end of the line and then hung up. After he put his phone away and looked up at me, he could see I was smiling. He asked me...

Photo

Ideals and beliefs and human experiences

Posted by markdohle , 10 June 2011 · 168 views

Ideals and beliefs and human experiences

I have never been able to accept a materialist account of reality. I guess the brain weighs about 3lbs, wet meat, enclosed within the skull. Yet what goes on in the interior of this organ is truly astounding; well if it goes on there at all, for perhaps what we call our minds, is non-local, not...

Photo

Still with us

Posted by markdohle , 06 June 2011 · 52 views

Still with us

Richard is still with us. When he came home from the hospital it looked liked he had little time left to go in this life; that was late April. So here it is the sixth of June and he is still with us. While we still keep him on his concentrator (a machine that takes air from the room and forces it through a tube into a...

Photo

11th Step retreat

Posted by markdohle , 01 June 2011 · 92 views

11th step retreat

(I have been asked to give a retreat on the 11th step, below is not the actual talk, but just some thoughts I have put together)

(Sought through prayer and mediation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry...

Photo

Deep emotions

Posted by markdohle , 29 May 2011 · 156 views
Memories from Panama, Canal Zone

Deep emotions
Memories from Panama, Canal Zone

Grieving has never been easy for me. Some people grieve deeply, with tears freely flowing and it could take years for the feelings of sorrow and inner emptiness to lessen and heal to the point where they become bearable. I have never been able to do that, grieve the way many people do. I think...

Photo

Beginnings

Posted by markdohle , 27 May 2011 · 43 views

Beginnings

As for as the inner working of the soul is concerned, I am beginning to believe that we are always at the beginning, or perhaps a better word would be, each incident in our lives no matter what it is, invites a conscious response. When a new response is sought, then that is the start of a new road, that is perhaps not so...

Photo

Faith (the woman who had a hemorrhage)

Posted by markdohle , 25 May 2011 · 77 views

Faith
The woman with a hemorrhage)

When the woman who had a hemorrhage for years and could not find any relief, touched Jesus’ robe, he said something peculiar. He said: “Woman, fear not, your faith has cured you”….not that I (Jesus) have cured you. I have often pondered over this part of the Gospel. I think Jesus cured to make a point...

Photo

My true name

Posted by markdohle , 24 May 2011 · 91 views

My true name

I kind of wish for the good old days, when all I had to deal with was my anger; it was a lot simpler then, in my younger days, before becoming 55 years old. Now unfortunately (or fortunately depends on my mood), I am very conscious of what some of my anger was all about. Even though the inner tapes and voices (which are the...

Photo

Little choices

Posted by markdohle , 22 May 2011 · 48 views

Little choices

There are some mornings that I really don’t want to wake up, or get out of bed, or for that matter do anything. All I want to do is roll over and go back to sleep. Of course that can’t be done. I remember when I was very young; perhaps about 5 years old, I came to the conclusion that one of the meanings of being an adult...