some stable point to rest,
but there is none,
for our past becomes longer,
and our memories...

Photo

A time of expectation

Posted by markdohle , 08 December 2012 · 266 views

A time of expectation

Waiting, we all do a great deal of it during our lives.  It is not always pleasant, often very annoying and yes it can be bone wearying and tedious.  Be it at airports, hospitals, doctors’ offices etc., it is often a chore to just sit and stare.  Looking at magazines often only makes it worse.   We love...

Photo

Still on the way

Posted by markdohle , 08 December 2012 · 209 views

Still on the way

The human heart is vast,
sensitive and temperamental,
easily offended and hurt,
easier still to withdraw
as if one were a hermit crab,
enclosed and safe in ones shell,
easier by far than living,
being open and...

Photo

Only now

Posted by markdohle , 07 December 2012 · 246 views

Only now

Today or in ten years,
it is still only now.

A man of 95 lay dying,
he said,
where did the time go,

now I understand,
as I age
I ask the same question.

So if I die tonight,
or 30 years from this date,
it is now, the moment,
that is all we have.

Embrace what is,
let go of all that keeps
that a bay.

Photo

Pilgrims

Posted by markdohle , 05 December 2012 · 383 views

Pilgrims

The train we are on can't be stopped,
even though we know what is coming,
just not the how or the when.

No brakes to slow down the journey
we pass each other from car to car,
the engine a thing no one ever sees.

Then the lights go out for a second
and some once there just a second ago,
now gone,
there seems to be no rhyme or reason,
at least...

Photo

The Holy Spirit is Wild

Posted by markdohle , 02 December 2012 · 260 views

The Holy Spirit is wild

We are one, though it is often hidden,
we create ripples by our actions,
all of them it is always so,
we help others or hinder them
by our thoughts, deeds and what we don't do,
we plant seeds in the souls of others
that will take root and produce fruit,
we touch others, and we are touched,
we are healers and those who...

Photo

Living deeply

Posted by markdohle , 01 December 2012 · 247 views

Living deeply

Perceptions can be wrong, dangerous and life denying.  They often come from our deep past, making trust of others difficult. Or if trust broken after a new beginning, the over-reaction can often be directed at everyone and leading to closing oneself off even more.  It takes courage and trust; choices that are painful and...

Photo

Still on the way

Posted by markdohle , 30 November 2012 · 192 views

Still on the way

One day a friend complained that I only write about struggle, pain, loss etc.  Well I said, writing tends to focus on the more tragic aspects of life.  When we feel joy and things go well, it seems right, there is nothing to work through, though thankfulness is in order.  It is in struggle that we are forced to ponder,...

Photo

Uphill climb

Posted by markdohle , 30 November 2012 · 224 views

Uphill climb

I have come to the conclusion that there are aspects of myself that will always be a tad wild and out of control.  Over long years of hit and miss I have come to the realization that all I can do is love those little devils and stop fighting them.  I just offer them to the Lord and they seem to quiet down a bit.  I suppose we...

Photo

Why would they?

Posted by markdohle , 28 November 2012 · 254 views

Why would they

People, who are at peace with themselves and know themselves, don't need to gossip, why would they?  The more I am aware of my own inner struggles and failures, the less I need to look down on others,...

Photo

A Strange Encounter: A Real Life Angelic Visitation

Posted by markdohle , 27 November 2012 · 305 views

Photo

The splinter

Posted by markdohle , 24 November 2012 · 371 views
gossip, backstabbing, evil

The splinter

Gossip is so common and is so easily done that those who do it (myself of course included) don't understand the evil that is committed towards others, until of course they are the victims.  We are all powerless before back stabbing, gossip and talk that can ruin us.  Evil said spreads easily, it can't be stopped.......

Photo

A dream

Posted by markdohle , 22 November 2012 · 289 views

I had a dream last night. It was beautiful. There was music, clouds and lots of light. Then out of the clouds came a beautfiul turkey and it left me a message for the United States: "EAT MORE CHICKEN".

Photo

They are many (thanksgiving)

Posted by markdohle , 21 November 2012 · 319 views
thanksgiving

They are many

(thanksgiving)

As I get older, and time goes by even faster (I will be 64 next week), I have come to understand that each moment is precious, even the painful ones. For all things pass, but the thing that stays for the whole journey, that heals, is the love I seek to develop.  As well as the kindnesses that...

Photo

Bubba

Posted by markdohle , 17 November 2012 · 270 views

Bubba

When you are 'older', a tad overweight, and bald on top, long beard and a pony tail, well you know the saying, we all look alike.  There are a couple of men here in Conyers who seem to look just like me, or enough to be mistaken for them.  One is named "bubba", not an uncommon...

Photo

Our response

Posted by markdohle , 16 November 2012 · 265 views

Our response

There are many obstacles that have to be faced in order for growth and healing to occur.  My own background is both a help and a hindrance, for all of my strengths come from it as well as weaknesses’.  Failures can be an important part of the journey for they are what lead to greater self knowledge along with the...

Photo

An event that was a tad frustrating

Posted by markdohle , 15 November 2012 · 367 views

An event that was a tad frustrating

One day, I was on a long trip and decided to get me a Coke and some peanuts when I was getting some gas for the car.  So I got the gas, my snack and pulled over to a shady spot to relax for a few minutes.  I got one of those little bags of nuts, Planters I guess it was and smiling tried to open the bag...

Photo

The hearts longing

Posted by markdohle , 15 November 2012 · 349 views

The hearts longing

Love, the desire for union and also the suffering that flows from this longing, is often spoken of as centered in the heart.   The heart does respond to human emotions in a powerful way, be it from love, hatred, anger or fear.  Often when someone is under great emotional stress, the heart is often felt as a pounding against the...

Photo

Truly human

Posted by markdohle , 13 November 2012 · 354 views

Truly human

Being human, truly human, is an enterprise that I believe we are all on.  There are cultural customs that will often stop this process, or slow it down considerably.  We are like rough pieces of furniture, unvarnished, waiting for the finishing touches to be applied so that we can be what we were made to be.  How do we fail? ...

Photo

A man selling homemade leather key chains

Posted by markdohle , 11 November 2012 · 455 views

A man selling homemade leather key chains

As I was returning home from my stay in the Bargetown area in Kentucky, I remembered that in Bowling Green they have a White Castle restaurant.  I lived my first ten years in St. Louis and so have a special affection for these hamburgers and as far as I can ascertain, there are no restaurants in...